Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Connect" Command to Routines

Add functionality to connect echo to bluetooth devices. Voice command "Connect" needs to be available for routine execution. Please consider Germany with translated command "Verbinde"

Currently the Echo is not automatically reconnecting on every Bluetooth device. The voice command is solving this but does not provide the user experience I expect. If I turn off external speaker for energy saving reasons at night, I cannot automatically play on the external device next morning as this is not connected.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Routines schedule have hourly monthly every minute options

Currently in routines there are repeated schedule options that can only be only configured by daily basis.

There is no options by bi-weekly, monthly, yearly or at certain date, hourly, every 5/10/N minutes.

I want to configure a alexa routine to wish a birthday for my family at certain date every year by turning all my RGB lights on and play some birthday music.

Basically need more schedule options for different intervals by year, monthly date and time. Like a cron job.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamic custom action skill invoking

I have created a bot for myself where it does multiple tasks depending upon the routines conditions.

Now I want to dynamically invoke another skill from my current skill, this would have helped a lot.

Eg. I have a routine thats runs every morning at 7 AM. I want myself to configure which skill to run during this time. It should be changeable enough from the app side. So that every-time when my skill runs, I can check my reminders or trigger a skill on alexa from my backend whatever is configured.

Basically i just want to invoke another skill…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monthly schedule

Allow routines to operate in longer schedules and not just days of week. For example, do something every month (e.g. discharge emergency lights to make their batteries live longer)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A list of safe words that can not be used as utterances

Give us a list of words we can't use for utterances.
    Why can't we use Enter as an utterance!?!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Uploading from a GitHub repo in the alexa developer console is tedious

You would think it would be far easier to grab a project from GitHub in the alexa developer console like one button that opens to enter the git url.

Currently these are the steps

1. Open alexa developer console

2. Name the skill

3. There is Create Skill Button top right.

Then again there are other options

1. Choose a model with seven boxes

2. Choose a method with three boxes

3. Ignore all those choices

4. Press [ Create Skill ]

Next page

Choose a template and 10 more boxes to ignore if you want to import from GitHub

On this page are two boxes top…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pass PIN to backend LockController interface

I have somo lock systems that need to pass a PIN to backend, can this feature be added to LockController interface?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stream music from local NAS or DLNA as a default streaming option

Allow you to set a local device on your network (eg a NAS or a DLNA server) as a default music streaming device for Alexa. So when you ask it to "Alexa, play Green Day" it will play it from your local music library. This will be well-received by the great many Alexa users who have large CD libraries and would prefer to use those instead of a subscription service like Apple Music.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use the echo show 8 camera as a motion detection device for the ring alarm system

Use the echo show eight camera as a motion detection device which would integrate into the Ring Alarm system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Energy consumption & production devices support

Native support for devices that are able to return energy consumption and production. In addition to being able to display the information within Alexa, this will allow for certain automations based of energy usage. Eg. Turn off porch light if energy consumed within the past 12hrs = X. Turn on washing machine when energy production = X. etc...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Flash Briefing listeners to report feed errors without leaving 1-star reviews

Hi,
    I really think Flash Briefing listeners should have the ability/option to report a feed error/issue. Currently, there is no way to do that.

When I had a feed error on my Flash Briefing, I only found out via 1-star reviews left on my briefing. Since the reviews don't show up until a day later, I didn't know until well after the fact that there was a feed issue for some listeners.

My Flash Briefing went from a perfect 5.0 rating to a 3.2 rating because 4 straight listeners left 1-star reviews. All they wanted to do was share that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ask Alexa what's its MAC address and What its IP address are so I don't have to look in the APP

It would be great if I could just ask the echo for what it's MAC or IP address were without going into the APP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For seniors allow Alexa to respond without requiring the use of “Alexa” first

For seniors needing help , they may be confused or can’t remember how to activate Alexa for help. Allow Alexa to respond to an emergency without the wake word Alexa.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Korean as a lanuage.

My siblings and I all use Amazon products. We are a multicultural and bilingual family with Korean as our second lanuage. Our challenges with your products are solely based on our mother's inabilty to use your products because her 1st lanuage is Korean. It would be extremely awesome if Korean and other languages on your devices
    Also, the ability to toggle back and forth between the two languages. Since most multi cultural families who speak more than one lanuage tend to go back in forth between languages.

I love your products, but unfortunately without these features my entire family is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow creation of Home Content panes

On an Echo Show it's possible to add reactive skills that add capabilities in response to spoken instructions, but it would be neat to be able to develop (either as a packagable skill and/or user defined blueprint) additional panes for the Home Content carousel ... for instance I'd like to display a 2 day agenda that merges everything on my work and personal calendar, or displays the most recent aircraft spotted from my FR24 tracker...

Panes could point to an external webpage which delivers a transparent background content, with cache/timeout settings so it doesn't poll too often...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. APL on Phone App

The ability to have a visual displays (APL screens) from the alexa app on a phone. So when you start the Alexa app and open your skill, your phone will show the visual aspects just like a Echo Show would.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. dropin SDK

Get an access to a DropIn SDK from our skill

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add option to allow routine to immediately continue after any action

When you add a Music routine without specifying a length, you effectively halt the routine, no actions after that will run. I don't know if there are other actions that do this. If there were an checkbox or something in each action to "Allow routine to immediately continue" after the current action starts, this would fix the issue. Thanks, have a great day.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Access to raw speach-to-text input

I am creating a skill that needs to work in a mix mode environment: One that takes advantage of Alexa's natural language engine (slots/intents) and one that allows me to handle raw user input as text. Could it be possible to integrate "Amazon Transcribe" with Alexa to achieve this? I have implemented a work around using dynamic entities but the processing time makes the transaction too slow and impractical as an app.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Schedule skill performance reports

While viewing your skills metrics/analytics there should be a one click button after viewing the data to schedule that report for daily /weekly stats or summary to auto run. Which would then emAil you the scheduled report each morning to your aws associated email.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base