Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow customer interaction by creating a developer email for each skill

Let us interact with customers that have questions by creating a developer email for each skill.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Follow me

When I have asked Alexa to start playing a CD in one room, but I am moving to another room, I don’t want to restart from the beginning. I want to be able to say “Alexa, follow me to the kitchen” and have what I was doing in the living room appear instead in the kitchen. If I am going back and forth a lot, it may be nice to be able to say “add the kitchen” and have it play in both places, but then be able to remove one device by saying “stop playing in the kitchen”. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Start APL animation with response and make it non blocking for user interaction

Why the current behaviour (animation (AnimateItem) starts after the Alexa speech) should be changed:
    -As long as the animation is playing the user cannot directly interact with Alexa, only if the user use the activation word he can interact again with Alexa, this could be confusing.
    -If the animation is more like a bonus or a visualisation to the Alexa speech it should start directly with the response.
    Solutions:
    -Set the animation to start with the response and not after the Alexa speech
    -Give developers two options, "start with response" or "start after alexa speech"
    -Separate the animation from the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer a complete list of directives for all Smart Home Skill locales/languages

Our users frequently ask what exactly they can say to Alexa to make her do certain things in their smart home.

There is no complete list of all the commands/directives that work with Alexa Smart Home Skills yet. Such a list - maybe even in all locales/languages - would help us a lot in testing and giving our skill's users the information they need.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ask dialog only shows <Short audio> when using SSML to play a file. It would be valuable to know the file name to verify code is working.

Currently I can quickly run tests of my code in development, but I'm now adding more <audio> tags in my SSML, and when I run the replay, all I see is <Short audio> What I'd like to see is <Short audio: door_opens.mp3>, etc. Just pull the last fragment of the URI and display it in the tag (e.g /([^/]+)$/ = everything in the uri after the last forward slash.)

Otherwise, I can't automate any tests that require verifying the audio files in my ssml are right for the current context.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SSML alexa emphasis user experience isuue

In the current emphasis tag, Alexa only talk slower and louder, but usually when people try to emphasis something, their pitch is also higher/lower

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic Validation after Changes

[vishjain@amazon.com] When you navigate to Certification Tab after making a change in Code or Distribution tab
    Expected:
    It should launch validation automatically and display only remaining errors after validation checks with new changes.
    Observed:
    I was been displayed all errors and need to press run to run the validation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase the Dynamic Entities update limit for bigger intent slots updates

When using dynamic entities (slots type whose values are updated through the Dynamic Entities API), there is a limit of 100 values, including synonyms. Over this limit, the update request is simply ignored.
    This limit is far not enough since it includes synonyms: if having 30 slots for instance, each slot having 10 synonyms, we already are over the limit (we have then 300 values to update).

The skill I develop is a game where the user can interact with objects in the place or in his pockets. He often have near of 20 possible objects, and to make them…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more functionalities like next and previous to VideoApp directive.

I have tried working with the VideoApp directive. There are many limitations to it.

1) You cant move previous or next in it. Thus you can play only one video at once which is not feasible.

2) After the video gets finished, the session times out at different intervals every time.
    Eg. When video played the first time, the session remains active for a longer interval of time, when the video is played second time in the same session, the session remains active for a very short span of time. This is an unexpected behaviour.

I would request to add…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simon Says speech to text capture API

Expose the same API in the ASK SDK that the Simon Says Skill has access to. Using AMAZON.SearchQuery does not cut it for messaging and social media type skills.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Required/Optional Labelling to Requested Skill Permissions

Two of the permissions our skill requests are not strictly required to use the skill. We request either Location Services or Device Address permissions, depending on a user's device, to improve the experience of searching nearby.

It would be nice if we could add an indicator under the "Manage Permissions" section of the skill settings to let a user know which permissions are optional and which permissions are required to use our skill.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change Order of Requested Skill Permissions

It would be nice to control the order in which permissions appear under the "Manage Permissions" link for an Alexa skill. More important permissions that a user must grant for a better skill experience should be listed first.

Currently, the order of requested permissions is fixed as:

- Device Address
    - Customer Name
    - Customer Email Address
    - Customer Phone Number
    - Lists Read
    - Lists Write
    - Amazon Pay
    - Reminders
    - Location Services

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Different for certification!

How about creating a way to send certification e-mail to more than one person. This would come in handy when being contracted to do Skill work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Available AMAZON.FallbackIntent on Brazil

Hello gurus,
    When the AMAZON.FallbackIntent will be available on Brazil ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Programmatic access to the device info (network status, etc.)

The programmatic access to the device info data would open new opportunities for business that serve the customers through Alexa.
    Also, it would allow to access the data about the environment in which the device is operated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a skill developer I want to switch between different apl versions on my own device

As a skill developer, I have no way to reproduce a problem of an older APL version on my own device. I want to be able to choose which APL Runtime my device runs with to fix problems or to ensure better backward compatibility.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Session should remain active while audio player is running.

While audio player is running, user can only move next or previous in the audio player. The session closes so any other command for skill has to be made after again reopening the session by saying invocation name which creates such an awkward user experience.

There are below use cases in the skill that i want to develop.
    1) Let user purchase product in between on going songs
    2) Let user navigate to main menu while audio player is playing.
    3) Let user choose from playlist while audio is playing in audio player

All the above three are restricted as…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Langauge development

You should increase the languages in Alexa.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. time

Usage time limitations/time plans/temporarily deactivation of Echo devices via Alexa app to prevent children from using the device/consuming content excessively or during night etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve dynamic entities

Improve dynamic entities increasing the 100 value limit and the 30 minutes caching

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base