Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. let skills send text notifications to the alexa app for users who have opted in

Similar to the mobile app store - let skills send updates on the alexa app to users who have enabled the skill and agreed to receive notifications from that skill. Would help so much with feature updates and retention and imo is not very intrusive. users can always opt out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide free hosting service for media used in Alexa skills

Some developers are experiencing high hosting costs after building skills our customers love. For instance, skills that use audio or video in their skills can get bills in the thousands of dollars. As a result these developers host their skills outside of AWS. We should provide a hosting service for media that is used in Alexa skills. Perhaps we can have some kind of special CORS config that is billed at a free or cheaper rate than non-Alexa skill media? This would encourage the creation of skills with rich media like multi-modal features.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Beta Testing retain testers' email

It would be great if the new console's beta testing retained tester emails when beta testing ended, just like the old console's beta testing page.

For example in the old view, when a skill ended either manually or automatically and I tried started it up, previous tester email addresses would prepopulate.

It would be great if we can have this feature within the new console's beta testing page because it made it easier to relaunch without having to find who the old testers were and copying and pasting them in.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have Alexa give a written briefing or instruction guide

It would be nice (and maybe it exist and I am not aware of it) If a person could type in a briefing or set of instructions and then Echo would play them back. For example, I wanted to brief a classroom on the subject of ejection seat theory of operation, I would type the theory and the way I want it presented, then Alex could read it and give the briefing. I could pause Echo with the word PAUSE or other inputs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Simulator Issues

Hey I really don't like the new simulator. If there is an endpoint error the simulator just does nothing, nor does it register the error with cloudwatch. I would type out the invocation name and would get 0 response, it was as if the request was never sent. When I would then check the cloudwatch logs there would be nothing reflecting a request either. If I swap to the old version and try the simulator, it will make the request and respond with an error. This will then register in Cloud watch and point me right to where the break…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Volume leveling

Users frequently need to increase or decrease volume across the different news sources in a Flash News briefing. It would be wonderful if Echo had a volume leveling similar to some TVs that can level the volume between commmercials and regular programming.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  6 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable presets on Tunein that can be used as voice command

My amazon.de echo cannot recall one of my favorite radio stations from America. The station is 960 WHYL. No matter how I try to say the station, in English and german, alexa cannot play it and I have to use the app. Having the ability to assign another command, such as preset number, would be so helpful. So, I save 960 am as “preset 1”. Then ask Alexa to play preset 1 on Tunein. Thank you for your consideration.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Take a picture with Alexa Echo Show

Hi!

I would like to know if there's any possibility to take a picture with the Alexa Echo Show with my skill. Basically I want to make a facial validation and show some content depending on the user :)

I'm currently using NodeJS for this purpose.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alexa, Turn on/off 'device' in "x" minutes

Using timer trigger for this will help. Currently, you can only achieve this by defining a specific time.

This is especially useful for devices that would normally be set to the default position of "on" and I don't want to forget that I temporarily turned it off.

Alternatively, you could give us the ability "if off, turn on in 'x' minutes".

Also useful because default position in most switches is 'off' after power outage. Right now, I'm running a 'turn on' once per hour in case of power failure.

I'd really like to get it down to 10 minutes but…

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  6 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Beta testing is hardly possible in German

I have always the problem that the testing deeplink is just for the us store, so I need to rewrite it for the German site. If the user is not logged in, he has to click after logging in the deeplink link again to join the beta. A normal user would never understand those steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When will be able russian language?

When will be able russian language?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add some kind of "anti-trigger" to ignore the wake word in audio.

Allow the adding of some kind of "anti-trigger" that will stop Alexa waking itself when the invocation word is mentioned in a podcast, or SSML audio. And/or, allow a flag that will reduce sensitivity to the wake-word during a particular piece of audio, using the mic array to detect whether the wake word was generated internally or externally.

I know that there is an unofficial theory that self-invocation can be lessened by boosting / cutting certain frequencies around the actual wake-word, but this isn't always practical where third-party audio is involved.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New Dashboard - Locale Selection

Although the new dashboard feels cleaner, it has lost utility. I cannot figure out how to pull a skill from a locale. We use SMAPI and push to all locales and then delete out (in the old dashboard) any locale we don't intend to publish to. In this version, not sure if it's possible, definitely can't figure it out. I also have to click and click to get to a submit button. Put a quick submit int he banner or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. German spelling in Alexa Simulator

Alexa Simulator (Test environment) does not recognize correct German spelling and punctuation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Voice Print Login with Amazon

Right now account linking is a very frictional process on Alexa. You can enable a skill with voice, but when you try to use it, you have to open the mobile app and log in. We could optimize this experience for voice by adding a voice-based login with Amazon. We already have technology that enables Alexa to tell who is speaking. We should extend that so users can log in with Amazon via their voice. The new UX could also help Log In with Amazon get more traction with developers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get IP from the user

Can we have built-in slot for IP address for v4 and v6? E.g. AMAZON.IP4 and AMAZON.IP6? Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get URL and Email from the user

Can we have built-in slot for websites and email IDs? E.g. AMAZON.URL and AMAZON.EMAIL? Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Beta Test Info to ASK Developer Console Skills List

We can have multiple skills (10+) running in beta test and any given moment. There is no way to know in the main skills list which skills are in beta and when the beta expires. We have 100+ skills in our list which makes it even more challenging.

Either in a new column or under the Skill ID, add an indication that the skill is in BETA and the date it expires.

Provide a way to filter the list to only show those in Beta. This could be part of the request to tag and filter skills in the list.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Tagging, Grouping and Filtering to ASK Developer Console Skills List

We have over 100 skills in the skills list in the Developer Console. These include public skills that we are publishing for ourselves as well as hosting on behalf of our clients and well as private demo skills for our sales team. This number will easily exceed 200 this year.

The feature request is the ability to assign one or more tags to a skill for use in the Developer Console. These tags would be used for grouping, sorting, and filtering the list of skills in a manageable way. All our own skills would be together, each client would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Roll up Skill Stats

Global stat tracking. I would love to be able to roll up statistics about usage (intents, requests, etc) of alexa apps into one dashboard. For example, if I have three apps, it would be useful to see my stats individually OR as a group I could set.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base