Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Measure data is not matching in new and old console.

Measure data is not matching in new and old console.

In old console, unique customers are less but Sessions & utterances are more compared to new console.

I don't think it's not possible to have less users and more utterances.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the dance between ask cli and web gui better.

Working between the ask cli and the web gui is fraught with danger. I lost lots of "web gui" Intent work, because I used "ask deploy" which overwrote the model. So I have to be very careful to call "download model" first, check to make sure it has the changes... THEN I can upload my new lambda code without overwritting. Very risky business. (:

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One-click return to console

Should be easier to return to the console from the details of a specific skill. Rather than (or in addition to) "Your Alexa Consoles", add a "Current Console" link that provides a one-click return to the current console.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Skill Events configurable in developer console

When skill events were originally released last summer, they were only configurable from the SMAPI/CLI. The implicit reason at the time was "there's a new developer console coming, it's not worth it to implement new features on the old one".

The new skill console is out now, and it still doesn't appear that there's a way to set my skill to use skill events.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Flash Briefings testable in test simulator

Right now the Alexa test simulator tab (in both the old and new skill consoles) refuses to play Flash Briefings. This, combined with the fact that things like echosim.io also won't play Flash Briefings, means it's impossible to do a live test of the content your flash briefing is serving from an anonymous account.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Flash Briefings to connect to any port

There's no reason Flash Briefings should be confined to ports 80 and 443, as webservices can (and do) run on any almost any port. This restriction causes serious limitations for (among others) people trying to run multiple services on the same EC2 node.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Flash Briefings to use SSML

Right now Flash Briefings won't parse SSML in their preamble, error message, or text output. This means content written for a custom skill (for example) cannot be used for Flash Briefings, and any output that could be massaged to sound correct will instead come out sounding wrong.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  8 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Unsaved data" flow doesn't work properly

In the Launch tab of the new skills console, when you are working on language-specific metadata, there is a dialog that pops up if you haven't saved all of the information before navigating away. This flow does two things that it shouldn't do:

1. The dialog will trigger if all you've done is click into a text box, even if you've made no change to that box.

2. After resolving the dialog (discard or save), the page redirects you to the "privacy and compliance" sub-page, even if that's not the thing you clicked on to trigger the dialog in the first place.…
    1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scrollable Left Navigation and Fixed right portion

Love it! So clean and consistant. One feedback on the left hand navigation. Make it scrollable so when we have lots of intents open we are able to see the right side of the page. Or better yet keep the right side of the page fixed and we can scroll the left hand navigation freely and open / collapse intents etc. Keep up the good work team! :-)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Autosave please!

Please auto save! I've lost many edits on the older-version of this tool due to the lack of autosave. :)

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thank you for submitting an Alexa feature request. Your request has been received.

11. Endpoint link

New i/f is neat. Thanks.
    It would be good if you could add the link to CREATE a Lambda endpoint again (it was on the old console).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to fetch analytics data from SMAPI

Right now if you're building something on top of SMAPI you're not able to understand is your flash briefing popular or not without going to the UI.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow render template directives during dialog directives

Currently, if a dialog is mid progress, it overrides any displays that we may want to show relating to the dialog. Would greatly enhance user experience on multi-modal skills.

110 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  15 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding a new (custom) Routine should enable to stop radio Spotify Music

If I create a new Routine in the Amazon Alexa app on IOS Device I can currently only add the following actions:
    Smart Home, Traffic, Wether, News.
    I would like to have a action which stops Alexa from playing any kind of music or other sound.
    Background: You create the Routine "Goodby" which should turn off all HUE lights and it should stop the Radio(tuneIn on Alexa, or Spotify music). The feature of stopping Music is not available in the app. If I say "Alexa, Stop" the music is stopped. Why is that not available in the app?

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  13 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add queue for Echo Show VideoApp

The VideoApp for the Echo Show only supports to play one video. Once this video is started the current skill looses control. Please add a queue to the VideoApp like the AudioPlayer already supports.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks a lot for posting this request. Your request has been received

16. Shopping list

Allow users to reorder items within a list ie; move an item up or down and allow sub-categories.
    Also, provide a way to see all items on all lists and move an item to another list

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open Skills by an Alarm

This feature would be similar to playing music with an Alarm but it would open a skill.

156 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Re-Use/Cascading a base state for duplicated events

With many intents that share baseline handling intents (help,cancel,etc.) it would be nice to be able to define all these at a top level, and have specialized states cascade down. e.g. Define NewSession state with all the default handlers. In a new, specialized state, SpecialState, you only define those intents that are specific to that state, and any non defined events cascade down to NewSession state.

This would allow more simplified code, as well as the ability to better maintain consistency through out experience.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. integrate Alexa dev portal into aws console

While developing alexa skill I have to use 2 different portals (aws console and dev portal). Would be more convenient if I just had one

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20. allow Alexa to initiate conversation

At times, request processing takes more than it is allowed by Alexa timeout. I want to be able to wake Alexa up and give user feedback

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base