Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back test button and for the command not to disappear when you hit enter

Here's the problem I have with the new Alexa Simulator: I have had ALS for 11+ years. When sitting at my computer desk, I'm only able to control the mouse with my hand and nothing else. I run a duel monitor set up and usually have the left monitor on PC and the right monitor on Direct TV.

When home alone, I’m unable to use the remote which is really annoying. So I found a YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdS6siT0zY) it’s an echo skill for Direct TV. Now, I’m finally able to control the TV either through the simulator or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to transfer a skill if ownership changes

Ability to transfer a skill from my account to a client's account.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allows text align on list templates

Allow for text to be top aligned in list templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to send back a variable, in the SSML response, which will convert t the user's first name.

Ability to send back a variable, in the SSML response, which will convert to the user's first name. This allows for the identity to remain hidden to the skill's developer, however, enables the developer to personalize the skill. This can be done for a specific voice profile. If the first name is not available, then it is gracefully ignored. For example:

<speak>@fname, here is your quote of the day.</speak>
    would either convert to
    "Sebastien, here is your quote of the day"
    Or
    "here is your quote of the day"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voice & Tone without interaction model

Should be able to test "Voice & Tone" without having interaction model properly built.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One button to get skill summary since the day of publishing.

There should be a button to get the summary of skill since the first day of publishing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alexa To Alexa Commnunication API

Allow Developer to Use API to Interact Between One of More Alexa Devices Situated in the same household having multiple Echo Devices installed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification on new store reviews

There have been times when users have reported issues with skills via store reviews. It would be handy if we could get email notifications when new reviews are piblished against our skills in the store

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shared Slots

The ability to share a slot between skills would help builders and reduce the necessity to resubmit multiple skills for the same reason.

For example, an artist slot may require a large data set and may require regular updates. This would then require the skill to be resubmitted for certification. If 2 skills use a similar slot this would then require 2 slots to be updated and so on. And of course, each skill would need to go through certification again.

By having the ability to create your own global slot, the slot itself could have a certification process thus…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. increase session time out

Increase the session time at-least for the developers account. We need to give quality of code right? Some times we may need to debug the code .

"The requested skill took too long to respond"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cache option for audio embedded in SSML

Whenever my skill returns SSML with embedded audio, the ASK API will fetch that audio file from my server and send it to the user's Alexa.

This generates a lot of traffic on my server and might result in high latency.

It would be great if there is a caching mechanism for these audio files that prevents the ASK API to fetch the audio file on every single request.

Here are two caching strategies that might make sense:

1. Add an Audio Upload API to the ASK API like Facebook does for Messenger Bots: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/reference/attachment-upload-api

2. Automatically cache fetched audio files for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reprompt Webhook in case of SessionEnded Request due to ENDPOINT_TIME_OUT

Hi Alexians,

I am facing an issue with my use case. In my use case, it's sending some recommendation to users based on the query. The recommendations response takes sometime more time than expected and ends up with sessionEndedRequest Timeout. can it be possible for Alexa to send the same request as (like re-prompt customer ) rempromt alexa Skill which will invoke our webhook again and will send my response quickly this time because recommendations will be already in memory. It would be a great use case to handle session Ended Request. You may put a limit of reprompt alexa…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Event, Location, Time based skills that can be triggered autonomously

e.g. I like to hear from alexa if there is a extreme weather warning in the area. This could happen if my API constantly calling a weather api of my area and if any extreme weather is forecasted, the message is broadcasted automatically.

There could be number of different examples and I believe user can get benefit to be proactive in such cases. For that reason, I was hoping to have a time, location, event based skills that can be triggered autonomously by Lambda or some other scheduling service.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support canceling a "build model" action that's in progress

Add a cancel button for the "Build Model" action

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Developer console: display all option

The ADC now loads only in chunks of ~20 skills. I have 300 skills, and each has two versions. I need to scroll and scroll to see the entire list, which important when I need to see the parent/child relationship between the prod + dev versions.

Can you offer a display-all direct link?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Flash Briefing: add video support

I have some Flash Briefings for local news. The news providers are creating video, and then ripping the audio out for the Flash Briefing version. It would be great to be able to use the video in the Echo Show.

Bonus points for using the video asset for the audio / non-video Echo devices.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatic Skill Activation

Automatic Skill Activation

This is really a must for Alexa to have scheduled skill invocation without voice command ... please make it happen!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Flag to PlayVideo() that tells the Video Player to Return to the Skill when Video Ends

Currently when a video play is initiated by a Video Skill, the video play takes full control of the session and the user has to manually initiate a return to the Skill. PlayVideo() should have a flag that tells the Alexa video player to return immediately to the Skill when video playback ends or is stopped by the user.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  7 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove the requirement for a leading phrase with AMAZON.SearchQuery

We would like to use this, but can't because the rules are too restrictive.If a user is asked about what they want info about, they should not be forced to say "tell me about Point Defiance Zoo". They should be able to say "Point Defiance Zoo" with no leading phrase. Instead of forcing us to use a leading or trailing phrase, please allow the use of just {query} (without 'search for...' or other text around it as in the example below:
    {

"name": "SearchIntent",

"samples": [

"search for {Query}",

"find out {Query}",

"search for {Query} near me"

],

"slots": [
    60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  9 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide full user utterance

Provide full user utterance for every conversation whether Alexa recognizes the intents/slots or not. There are many cases where the Alexa NLU is getting it wrong and in our fulfillment code we could do a double check and greatly improve the user experience. But we can't double check if you won't tell us what the user says every time.

As mentioned in forums and stackoverflow multiple times. I'm shocked that I couldn't find this when searching feature requests to date.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  20 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base