Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location based cards/screens

I would like to have the option to show a location in the Alexa App or the Echo Show/Spot. Sure I could embed a picture of a map, but it would be nicer to have a platform feature for that. That could have a nicely branded map with the Alexa specific colors schema. Cool would be also links to navigation based on the capabilities of the device. I am thinking here about cars which navigation systems or Google Maps on normal Android devices.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a flag for new users

There is already a flag for a new conversation, but I'm interested in a flag for a new user. I would prefer to keep my Alexa code stateless so that I don't need to store the user ids, just to check if this is a new user or not. Regarding the Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (EU-DSGVO) I want data minimization, so non stored information cannot make trouble. While certification I got the feedback that I have to explain the core functionality. For a returning customer I really want to avoid to tell the already known features. You may can reset the flag after…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide a UK postcode slot in Alexa requests

Please provide a UK postcode slot for Alexa

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow developers to copy Skill Product detail to other regions

With a push of a button allow people to copy all product information to all English enabled regions. This would cut down on developers having to cut copy and paste saving on average about a half hour of work.
    V/R
    Nick

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Function of volume leveling

I have created skill introduces steps to cook meals with voice.
    I have a problem. A gap between guidance in my skill and alexa’s voice are so different.

But I can’t change volume of guidance, because they’re used in so many other platforms and they’re affected too.

Could you provide a function to adjust volume of media in video player and audio player?

That would be nice.Thanks!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change User doesn't show all accounts

On the new Console, when I go to my profile, Change User, only 4 of the several accounts of the people I help with show up. Looks like there's a max-width property that's causing the last couple to get hidden.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skill speaks device setting wake word

I want skill to be able to speak wake word, from device settings word.

Use case is skill help message.

Implement with SSML.
    exsample...
    New ssml tag is 'amazon:wakeword'
    <speak>To stop skill, please say <amazon:wakeword name='device'/> Stop.</speak>

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add calendar to Flash Briefing

I find that the Flash briefing, although interesting, is missing a few features that exist on their own, but would be useful as part of a single thing.

Rather than having to ask "Alexa, Flash Breifing" or whatever routine you use to trigger it, and then having to ask "Alexa, whats up" or "Alexa, whats on my calendar" ... just have it as one thing. Something like:

I get the weather
    I get the news
    I get my days calendar read out

How that is not a thing I can't work out. Yes, there are other ways of getting that…

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clear session in test simulator

Please have option to clear session in Test Simulator. It is frustrating to have session data from a different skill.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Downloadable CSV of ALL skills

Downloadable CSV file with metrics for all skills in it. User can then pivot and analyse data much faster.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dismiss an upcoming recurring alarm without removing the whole series

User should be able to dismiss an upcoming recurring alarm without removing the whole series.

E.g. I have an alarm set at 9:00 am everyday. I wake up at 8:40 am in a particular day. The only way to prevent it from ringing at 9 am is to completely disable the series through the application, and then enable it again after 9 am, or remove the series completely by voice and then set up the series again after 9 am.

This is a very basic feature that every single user misses.

Thanks,

Fernando

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reset the Development version of a Certified Live Skill to the Live version (if you've messed it up)

I have a certified skill, so now have a development copy hanging off it. I messed up the development version hanging off it. Is there a quick way to reset the development version back to the same as the live version to undo all my development changes?

I think it would be great to make a button to do this. Otherwise, I will try to just delete the Interaction Model JSON.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. let skills send text notifications to the alexa app for users who have opted in

Similar to the mobile app store - let skills send updates on the alexa app to users who have enabled the skill and agreed to receive notifications from that skill. Would help so much with feature updates and retention and imo is not very intrusive. users can always opt out.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide free hosting service for media used in Alexa skills

Some developers are experiencing high hosting costs after building skills our customers love. For instance, skills that use audio or video in their skills can get bills in the thousands of dollars. As a result these developers host their skills outside of AWS. We should provide a hosting service for media that is used in Alexa skills. Perhaps we can have some kind of special CORS config that is billed at a free or cheaper rate than non-Alexa skill media? This would encourage the creation of skills with rich media like multi-modal features.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Beta Testing retain testers' email

It would be great if the new console's beta testing retained tester emails when beta testing ended, just like the old console's beta testing page.

For example in the old view, when a skill ended either manually or automatically and I tried started it up, previous tester email addresses would prepopulate.

It would be great if we can have this feature within the new console's beta testing page because it made it easier to relaunch without having to find who the old testers were and copying and pasting them in.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have Alexa give a written briefing or instruction guide

It would be nice (and maybe it exist and I am not aware of it) If a person could type in a briefing or set of instructions and then Echo would play them back. For example, I wanted to brief a classroom on the subject of ejection seat theory of operation, I would type the theory and the way I want it presented, then Alex could read it and give the briefing. I could pause Echo with the word PAUSE or other inputs.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simulator Issues

Hey I really don't like the new simulator. If there is an endpoint error the simulator just does nothing, nor does it register the error with cloudwatch. I would type out the invocation name and would get 0 response, it was as if the request was never sent. When I would then check the cloudwatch logs there would be nothing reflecting a request either. If I swap to the old version and try the simulator, it will make the request and respond with an error. This will then register in Cloud watch and point me right to where the break…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Volume leveling

Users frequently need to increase or decrease volume across the different news sources in a Flash News briefing. It would be wonderful if Echo had a volume leveling similar to some TVs that can level the volume between commmercials and regular programming.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable presets on Tunein that can be used as voice command

My amazon.de echo cannot recall one of my favorite radio stations from America. The station is 960 WHYL. No matter how I try to say the station, in English and german, alexa cannot play it and I have to use the app. Having the ability to assign another command, such as preset number, would be so helpful. So, I save 960 am as “preset 1”. Then ask Alexa to play preset 1 on Tunein. Thank you for your consideration.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Take a picture with Alexa Echo Show

Hi!

I would like to know if there's any possibility to take a picture with the Alexa Echo Show with my skill. Basically I want to make a facial validation and show some content depending on the user :)

I'm currently using NodeJS for this purpose.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base