Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Validate invocation name for skill to check for duplicate invocation names in development skills

Validate invocation name, so that no 2 developments skills are able to have the same invocation name. When testing a skill in the test console, it was actually returning results from a different skill as they had identical invocation names

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleting Voice Recordings Programmatically

I have a project coming up for someone that may include sensitive info, and I thought it would be useful to be able to run a script to delete voice clips through the CLI in order to scrub information it might have sent off without having to manually go through the app or something every time.

Or, even better, a way through the ASK to say something like "Alexa, delete voice recordings" and have it delete the recordings in some way.

I had originally asked about this in the dev forum and it was suggested that I suggest it here.…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Multi-Room support to AudioPlayer API streaming

Alexa Multi Room streaming does not appear to be available for third party skills that leverage the AudioPlayer API.

Feature request is to extend support for Multi Room to the AudioPlayer interface. This could be implemented by adding a custom slot type for the multi room location and then adding an optional parameter to the Play() command to allow the destination room group to be specified.

This has 37 likes and 19 comments as of Mar 2018 on this URL but doesn't show up on this feature forum - https://forums.developer.amazon.com/idea/101848/bring-multi-room-support-to-audioplayer-api-stream.html - so posting again.

403 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  137 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to apply to Beta test skills

Currently when enabling Beta testing for a skill, it is necessary to add the email addresses of the beta testers. They will then receive an invite, which will allow them to test the skill. The invite URL is not usable by anybody who has not been added to the list. It would be nice to be able to allow users to apply to be testers have with options for this to either be on an approval basis or open. This would then make it a lot easier to manage testers as it would not be necessary for us to obtain…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Test 'no response' from user.

It would be very helpful to have a way to mimic 'no response' from the user. If you can do that, it's not obvious how.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ask-cli: ask init doesn't work with Opera browser

Right now, the account linking portion (using --no-browser) does not work in the Opera browser.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Alexa Skill Test Console compatible with AVG.

The current skill test console appears to be incompatible with AVG.

I don't like having to choose between a protected system, and being able to test my skill.

For now, I will be repeatedly installing and uninstalling AVG as I need to do skill development. It's a hassle.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add resubmit on doubleclick to each grey submitted box in left pane of simulator, test

I have spent too much time typing the same commands over and over in simulator test - "ask my skill to blah blah etc".
    It would be a big time saver if the history in the left pane had the ability to resubmit my typed ( or spoken) text in any grey history widget by double-clicking it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Forcing a user to remember a skill name is counter-intuitive, bad experience and leads to low adoption rates.

PROBLEM: Forcing a user to remember a skill name is counter-intuitive, bad experience and leads to low adoption rates.

Examples :
    Alexa, tell Agent NEO to find my Home Value
    Alexa, tell Harmony to turn on my TV
    Alexa, ask AllRecipes for a Pasta Recipe

Proposed Solution:
    Alexa, find my home's value (Alexa knows that the skill Agent NEO that the user has enabled, can handle this intent)
    Alexa, turn on my TV (Alexa knows that the skill Agent NEO that the user has enabled, can handle this intent)
    Alexa, find a Pasta Recipe (Alexa knows that the skill AllRecipes…

230 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  11 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Alexa metrics

Being able to emit custom metrics from your skill would be amazing. I want to know what words were used to fill slots so I can have a list of which were the most popular words used. Using one of your own examples, if a user used a Horoscope skill, you could see that Scorpio was requested 12 times this week.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UI Issue

Hi,
    The black footer does not stay in the bottom of the page when I scroll up the page causing a weird experience.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Skill sorting in the Developer Console (by recently modified or name)

Please add the ability to sort Skills in the new Developer Console by name or by modification date. The old Developer Console sorted by modification date which allowed developers of many Skills to keep better track of their recent changes.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Test Simulation on iOS

Hi the Alexa test simulator does not work with iOS browsers. When I type in a command nothing happens. It would be nice to have on and iPad so I can developer with my pc and test it on the iPad next to me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ask cli proxy

ASK CLI should work with system proxy configurations (HTTPPROXY/HTTPSPROXY)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Locales and Language Settings

Under the language settings options, you have a Remove button but when I try to remove from a locale that is already published I get a non-descript error saying unable to save. Amazon launched my skill to a locale I did not want, and now I have a lot of problems because of it. I should be able to remove a singular locale, especially if Amazon launched to it without my consent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add DynamoDB to ask-cli

The Alexa Skills Kit for Node.js includes support for creating a DynomoDB table to hold attribute values across sessions. To create the table dynamically, the Lambda function is typically given DynamoDBFullAccess permissions.

This feature is to remove the table creation code from ASK SDK Node and move it to the ASK CLI as part of the deploy command. This will allow the lambda function to have reduced permissions to insert rows, read, write, and delete.

Configuration for the table name and region would be stored in '.ask/config'

The command would be:
    $ deploy --target dynamoDB

This would create the table…

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add S3 to ask-cli

A public S3 bucket is used to host skill icons, audio files, images, and videos for Alexa skills. This feature adds a new deploy target to the ASK CLI.

Configuration for the bucket name and region would be stored in '.ask/config'
    $ deploy --target s3

The would sync all files and folders in a known local folder to the bucket at: https://s3.amazonaws.com/my-bucket/

The first time this is done, the bucket will be created and a CORS configuration applied.

Calling 'ask deploy' will also sync local folders and files to S3. Because the skill icon can be hosted in the S3…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Exclude custom types from maximum langue model file size budget/limit

I get the error message:

> This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

which is new a new constraint, 3 month ago that same language model worked fine (in the old alexa console, which now also throws this error message). My language model is rather huge (~2.8MB), since I'm using the occupations model of the European Commission (ESCO: https://ec.europa.eu/esco/portal/occupation).

It is very unfortunate that the custom types are counted against the 1 MB budget. If I used the built-in types, I could use more intents and example sentences in my…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for Old Console Style Intents and Utterances

Allow for the creation and pasting of intent schema and sample utterance in the style of the old console. Provide a box to write sample utterances and intent schema into in the old style.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base