Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Want to play amazon music in background as I watch video feed from cloud cam

I want to be able to watch a video feed from an added camera device (Amazon cloud cam, blink cam, eufycam, etc) while listening to amazon music in the background. Currently I have to switch between the two and cannot monitor my child's camera while listening to music.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow echo show screen to be controlled from Alexa app without voice command

Being able to change an echo show's screen brightness remotely via the Alexa app or routine. Having to ask the display to turn off at night is awkward and frustrating. Maybe implementing screen dimming or screen off on a routine or as part of the device control within the Alexa app

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide barge-in flag on request

As a developer, I would like a field on an incoming intent request payload that tells me whether that request was the result of a barge-in or not.

Rationale:
    Today, there is no way to know whether an incoming intent in a live session was the result of the user completely listening to the previous response, or the result of the user doing a barge-in by invoking their wake word. There are several use cases where this information would be useful, but the two most important are:

1. If you were giving instructions to your user at the end of your…
    12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Using acronyms in custom routines

It is not possible to use acronyms in custom routines as the invocation needs periods and they are not allowed as they are considered special characters. For example if you write "watch c n n", Alexa understands "watch c. n. n." and won't recognize or match the phrase. Could you please find a way to allow the use of acronyms in a routine?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Including post-ER slot value in NLU annotation sets

In my slot values I use lots of synonyms and it would be much easier to maintain the annotation sets if I could specify the canonical string for the expected slot value. In other words, if in my slot value definition I have the following value:

```
    {
    "name": {

"value": "human",

"synonyms": [
    "girl",
    "boy",
    "woman",
    "man"
    ]

}
    },
    ```
    I'd love to be able to write in my annotation set

utterance Intent slot[creature]
    I want to be a boy CreatureSelectionIntent human
    Let's try a woman CreatureSelectionIntent human

The canonical values are resolved at some point anyway, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Account Linking cannot be removed once enabled in a skill

As the title suggests, we were recently made aware that Account Linking cannot be removed from a skill once enabled. Not even if the skill is removed. As we do not own the login system we were supposed to implement a page which described the 3rd party login system. When we submitted the skill again we were rejected with the following reason: "Please update the account linking URI to include “nosignup=true” as a parameter for suppressing the signup portions of the Spotify page and resubmit your skill." Where is the documentation regarding the nosignup parameter? How is it supposed to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a way programmatically perform the "backButton" action, e.g. from AMAZON.PreviousIntent

Currently, the skill developer must handle the AMAZON.PreviousIntent, but I expect that in most cases, all that is wanted is to verbally invoke the existing backButton behavior.
    Developer can keep track of the path and slot data that led the user to each page/context, and then reverse back through that list, but it would sure be a lot cleaner and easier if there was a way to just call the handler connected to the back button in the top left corner of the screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send ceritifcation status emails to the Developers on an account

Currently, only the company email can receive an email regarding the status of a skill submission.

From Alexa team: "Certification feedback and/or status is only sent to your account's company email address."

But as a developer working at a third party company, it would be nice to have visibility on the submission results of a skill, since we are the ones submitting. Can we have a setting so that developers also receive status emails? Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have an easy way to retrieve user comments and grading of the skill for each available country

Have an easier way to retrieve all user comments and grading for each store / country where the skill is available to. As of today I need to check each store individually to gather all the feedback for each county and each of my skills and it is very time consuming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add progressive response to mobile app

There is not progressive response on the mobile app as I am getting on Alexa devices.
    Additionally the developer console does not send the progressive response until the entire request is complete.
    Here is an example of the implementation - https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/226253/progressive-messaging-not-coming-on-app.html

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Progressive Response  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Standard intents in brazilian portuguese - Amazon.Letters and Amazon.Numbers

Dear colleagues at Amazon Alexa, good morning. I am developing a series of educational skills for Alexa, in Portuguese, Brazil.

As these skills have quiz, with questions and answers, and options like a, b or c. , I noticed, that even putting the options a., b., and c in AnwerIntent there is no guarantee that Alexa will understand the letter "c". Often, when it is pronounced c., It is understood as "sim".

My suggestion is to have a standard intent for letters in the Portuguese language - AMAZON.LETTERS. , the same would be important for numbers, - AMAZON.NUMBERS. Both would…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow creating triggers based on thermostat current temperature

That, and combining triggers would make automating the home a breeze:
    If (temp > 75) and (weather_temp < 73): turn on window fan.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alexa’s whisper for routines

Many Alexa users experience the issue of wanting Alexa to whisper on a routine, especially for use of an alarm at night or in the morning. The issue is that many of us wake up even hours before the next person in the house has to wake up, so we can’t use Alexa as the alarm because she has a habit of screaming out her words on routines when you want her to just whisper. It would be great to see the addition of “Alexa whisper” under “device settings” when creating a routine, so that anything Alexa says during the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SecurityPanelController Italian Support

Please add Italian language support to this api! So people can use my skill to arm and disarm their alarm system.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support to SetNavigation directive in nativally.

Currently I saw the model doesn't offer support to SetNavigation directive natively, so to use it's needed an work around to do this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link multiple Apple Music accounts

Please allow the linking of multiple Apple Music accounts, so that everyone in the family uses their own account. Them, when alexa recognises someone’s voice, it will play their music.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Continue playing music where I left off or reshuffle music command

If I select sleep type music each night, and request either a genre or music group to play, each evening the music starts at the same starting point (songs are always in the same order). The only way I can change it is to use the remote and sit there for 10 or so minutes to fast forward. Would like the option to "continue where I left off" or "start over." Otherwise I hear the same music each evening. So if night 1, I hear the 1st hour of music from a group, night 2 I'd like to be able…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an API to get alexa user id using Alexa skill client

Our service needs account linking to work. Implementing OAuth2 is a lot of work. Using LWA is awkward since the user has already signed in Amazon and also requires the user to LWA in our app again. Using user's email is another way to do it, with the same down side that the user has to LWA in our app. All these force users to give up information that's is not really necessary.

I propose to let apps use Alexa user id to authenticate the user. This way users don't need to do anything on Alexa side besides enabling our…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base