Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop music from the app

I want to be able to stop music (or a skill) from the Alexa App.
    Example use case:
    - Baby is sleeping, fell asleep to music on the Echo, I don't want to have to open the door and wake the baby up to stop the Echo
    - I play music from the Echo upstairs and leave it playing, and I don't want to have to go upstairs to turn it off

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend of option to entend session duration

I work 8 hours a day like most developers, so I have to login 3 to 4 times a day because amazon developers log you off automatically every 2 hours? I understand its a security issue but I would like the option to maintain the session a little longer, or at the very least, extend the session duration if the developer is using the console.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 105 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  14 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make SSML "fraction" work in German

I think the <say-as interpret-as="fraction"> doesn't work properly yet in German. For example: <say-as interpret-as="fraction">1/2</say-as>, Alexa says "ein zweitel", which no one ever would say. Also, according to the docs this should work as weill: <say-as interpret-as="fraction">1+1/2</say-as>, which she spells out in english correctly with "one and a half", but in German she says "eins plus eins schrägstrich 2", seriously? That translates to "one plus one slash 2". C'mon guys ...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK Sound Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow 3rd party Alexa devices to change language in alexa.amazon.com

Allow Alexa-pi (raspberry pi with alexa installed) to change language in alexa.amazon.com... I have a German amazon account but I use Alexa (on my Echo) in english... But Alexa-pi defaults to German and I can't change it.... FYI... I use Reverb on mac as well and I have the same issue.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Endpoints per intent

It would be VERY helpful if each intent within a skill can have its own endpoint.
    If you have a company that wants several intents under the one skill, but each intent is really quite seperate functionality, you want to be able to call a different endpoint for each intent so that you can have some sanity over your code organisation.
    Either an web hook per intent, or a lambda per intent.
    Currently you have to but a stack of unrelated code (different intents) into the same lambda.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3rd Party Skills in Templates

With the release of Skill Templates, Amazon has an very easy way to implement one of the most requested features: allow 3rd party skills to be invoked without saying an invocation phrase.

Templates should support 3rd party skills. The "Custom Q&A" Template allows Alexa to answer questions without invocation phrases (e.g., "What's dad's phone number?") It should also allow such questions to invoke 3rd party skills selected by the user.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Measure with Graph

This may have been posted, as I am not looking into the forum but am posting the idea from within my console... when it comes to the Measure section since the update I can no longer seem to find a line graph representation of my data. Can that be brought back? If inquired about already may this serve as an addition to populace of change.

Also, if it's here and I'm not seeing it then something in the UI isn't intuitive.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sample Utterances

Most of us create a Sample Utterances file
    to copy and past. now you have to type each one in. Also you get Timed out, and have to do it all over again. please fix this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Intent confirmation doesn't allow $

I have the following Intent Confirmation:

Ok, got it. Let me confirm. You want to pick up a car on {startDate} at the {pickupLocation} and return it on {endDate} for a daily rate of ${rentalRate} , right?

The slot type for rentalRate is number. In order to say the decimal value of rentalRate as "thirty-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents", I need to use the $ before it. There is no SSML say-as to make a decimal number into a currency.

The UI gives me the following error when I try to add the dollar sign: "You have invalid characters"

This…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Build model upon saving endpoint

Change behaviour when saving endpoint.
    When saving a new endpoint, e.g. to a new lambda version a green pop-up appears. This most likely represents success for most users. But the text says, that the skill has to be build before the change becomes effective. This might easily be forgotten. For example, before I submit a skill for certification I always publish a new version of my lambda endpoint. If I forget to build the skill after adding that endpoint to the skill it might point to $LATEST. That means changes to the lambda would affect the skill in certification or…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the dev console to allow lambda ARNs with aliases

For some reason I cannot specify a Lambda endpoint which has an alias qualifier at the end. For example, I want to have two aliases: TEST and PROD that point to different versions of the lambda function.

When I am trying to save the endpoint, it shows a "manifest error" message.

It worked fine before. My other skills that were created using the old developer portal UI still have their endpoint

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Developer SDK for Automatic Scrolling and Highlighted Text (Display Interface)

On Echo Spot or Echo Show, when there are multiple cards or items in a list, for example, Alexa keeps on going while the card stays at number one. When the user tries to slide, Alexa stops speaking.

Developers should be able to make the cards automatically move and be highlighted just like they are in the AllRecipes skill.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for GIF and Video as background for Display Interface and Templates

Developers should be able to use GIFs and Videos for the background of their Display Interfaces and Templates including for Echo Spot and Echo Show.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. alphanumeric slot type

Create an AMAZON.ALPHANUMERIC slot type (although with a better, shorter name!) This would extend the current AMAZON.NUMBER slot type and hopefully improve the recognition model. Discussed in https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/4821/how-would-you-design-slots-for-letter-and-number-c.html

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. List invocation name requirements

Invocation Name requirements should list that you cannot use connecting words and list those words when selecting an invocation name.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix slot value depending on Utterances

Hi,
    is there a way to set devault slot values?
    I work with money value slots and in german there is the problem with "one".
    We count one (1), two (2), three (3)...
    in german eins, zwei, drei ...
    but we don't say "eins Euro" we say "einen Euro" or "ein Euro". Same for one cent or size value.

I know I can fix it with a secound intent like:
    1. Intent
    {euro} Euro
    2. Intent
    ein Euro
    einen Euro

If there a better way to do it? something like fix slot values depending on the utterances?

greatings
    Marc

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow eliciting slots from previous intent

Currently, if a user has matched an intent, if using a dialog model, you can elicit a specific slot.

There are times when you want to continue to elicit that slot, for example if you are playing a game that requires the user and Alexa to go back and forth with responses with the user filling the same elicited slot each time.

However if the user says Help, or let's say you have another intent for asking the score or any other question, that moves to another intent, you cannot elicit that previous intent's slot anymore. For any skill, a…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base