Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Named alarm groups to turn on several alarms at once by one command

"Alexa turn on my "alarm group name"

Alexa could respond "Okay ive turned on your alarms in the "group name" group

Alarms could be added or removed from groups with voice command

And they could also be managed from the alarms and timers section of the alexa app.

(This would be best for individuals who tend to sleep through a first or second alarm)

Possible expansion on this idea is we could have alarm sounds by group or specify the sound for each alarm to give some different noises in case one sound doesnt wake us up another different sound…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. for video doorbell, the video automatic live on alexa, short time.. just 10 sec!

for video doorbell, the video automatic live on alexa, short time.. just 10 sec! can make 1-2 mins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improved Ring compatibility: motion snooze

Currently you can snooze the motion detection on the Ring cameras (when gardening etc.) but Alexa continues to shout notifications every 5 mins when someone is in the garden. This is not great for whoever stays indoors. Improving the compatibility so that Alexa also does not notify for movement when ring is in motion snooze would be great. Otherwise you have to turn the cameras off (not ideal) or mute each individual Alexa. Being able to snooze the motion of the cameras from Alexa would also be appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let users reply while Alexa is speaking (without wake word)

Reasons:

1. Because it's so natural for people to do! And Alexa is a product for people.

2. Users quite often start to speak while Alexa is still speaking or just finished speaking and haven't yet turned on its mic.
      There is a blue light, but sometimes users speak to Alexa when it's outside of their view site. Alexa is designed to be for eye-busy experience, and eyes might be busy while interaction.

3. Alexa is actually listening to users all the time while it's speaking - but now it only detects a wake word. So why don't allow a full intent there?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clarify the idea of groups and rooms

While in a minimalist approach to the Alexa app it may be fine, there is a big confusion that I have noticed across numerous friends and family members involving the idea that groups are basically how a user can group devices with an echo as a "room" idea. I think that either better guidance within the app should be included or a slightly modified system of organizing devices should be implemented. It seems that normal users do not realize that an alexa enabled device goes into a group with other devices to control them separately.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add A Video Timer

I would like to fall asleep to Forensic Files but don't want it to play all night long and currently, the 'Alexa, set a sleep timer for ***' doesn't work for that. There's no way to turn the videos off after a specific amount of time except to wake up and tell Alexa to turn it off. Since this comes from Amazon Prime Video, there should be no reason that this can't be incorporated. I can set a timer for pretty much anything else, But Video! I've seen lots of requests for this. I imagine there are a lot of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to include Directives in reprompt actions.

There should be a way to nest directives into reprompt actions, so that whenever a re-prompt situation occurs, instead of just plain text, a new directive can be sent to either change intents, or open the microphone for user input again or activate colors, gadgets, etc to get the user's attention.

Example:

User: Alexa open ticket purchase
    Alexa: Okay. what is the name of the airport you are going to?

(User thinks to themselves ... what is that airport name .. shoot I have to look online as 6 seconds pass by...)

Alexa: (reprompt) What is the airport's name?

(User…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the volume of all devices

Change the volume of all devices, so you can change the volume of all devices at the same time not only a single device. For example if you wrote a routine called “night time” you could set all devices to a lower preset volume so as not to be so loud. Alternatively in the morning you could say “morning and all devices volume could be increased to a preset volume. And so on

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Alexa understand two languages at time. Some of us are bilingual and would like to make commands in either or both languages.

Some of us are bilingual and would like to make commands in either or both languages. Sometimes it is easier to ask a question in one language and other times on another.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recognizing accents

Allow developers to specify user accents on a per skill level, similar to the localization of the Alexa voice. This will allow greater recognition of non english words such as names, places, food items, band names etc without having the need to change the locale for all the skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. EXCEEDED_MAX_REPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest device type inconsistencies

EXCEEDEDMAXREPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest does not behave on the Show appropriately - in fact it does not happen at all!

Makes SessionEndedRequest useless and means you can't code for a timeout to end the session and do cleanup then. The API should perform identically on all devices, or at the VERY LEAST the docs should articulate the differences

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have routines that vary depending on the device

I have IRC devices in two rooms, controlling a TV, Audio Device, Cable box. They both have the same model cable box.

I would like to be able to trigger different routine logic path depending on which echo device receives the command.

IE: "Alexa Start NBC" would trigger the remote code or scene for the bedroom IRC when the bedroom echo receives the command, or the living room IRC which the livingroom echo receives the command.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. skill cedes control to subordinate skill without returning control (not Skill Connections)

I am building what amounts to a knowledge management app (what I would consider a major application opportunity for voice in the enterprise) for a Fortune 500 company prototyping Alexa as a front end to access information (APL submenus to navigate) from multiple subcategories of information. In order to accomplish this seamlessly a given skill needs to call another skill (ala Skill Connections) without returning control to the original skill. Per support, this apparently can not be done currently (Skill Connections returns control to the "requesting" original skill and does not cede control). Please consider adding what seems to be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Smart Home Devices and free text

It would be nice to be able to send arbitrary text to Smart Home devices, e.g. "Alexa send 'hello world' to my device".
    This could be useful for many classes of devices, e.g. whiteboards, banners...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Temperature Routine Trigger

It would be great if you could trigger a routine based on outdoor temperature since Alexa is already able to fetch local outdoor weather information.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. temperature alarm

The ability for Alexa to use outside temperature as an alarm trigger. "Alexa notify me if the outside temperature is under 72 degrees." A better implementation for Alexa's with a skill like Weather Bug would be "Alexa notify me if the outdoor temperature is [over/under] the indoor temperature." and the perfect implementation would be a standing command to notify me whenever the indoor & outdoor temps transition past each other.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Volume Normalisation on Echo devices

I frequently need to increase or decrease volume across the different news sources in a Flash News briefing. It would be great if Echo devices had a volume leveling similar to Amazon Music that can level the volume between commmercials and regular programming.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rest API that can send an alexa announcement

Rest API that can send an alexa announcement based on the event like lights turn on or webcam detection. This can be called from lambda. Definitely a key feature that alexa is alerting everyone or n the room that other room or area has a movement. Great feature and will add value.

let me know if this is already exist in some way or simpler way

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Trigger a Lambda function following a proactive Event notification

Proactive event notifications are great but it just seems obvious and natural that we should be able to directly trigger follow up actions.
    Once a proactive event is pushed to an Echo device and the user checks it, I'd like to be able to launch a Lambda function, just like an Intent would trigger the Lambda function.
    Receiving a proactive event notification saying "you have received a message from XYZ", and having to have to launch the skill to take actions is totally awkward.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base