Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. link specific calendar event with reminder feature

At present after linking my apple calendar with the Alexa app, it just reads events if I ask Alexa to do.

For example, Alexa, read my today's calendar or my next events.

I don't get any kind of reminder from my calendar's events.
    for example, sound notifications 30 mins before an event.

To get a sound notification, I need to create reminders separately for that event.

For this, what I am requesting is to enable an option within the calendar feature which will help to link specific calendar events with a reminder feature so that I don't need to do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add echo show display timeout options

The echo show screen automatically times out and turns off the display until it senses movement. This causes sound to stutter when listening to music. Adding display timeout options would fix this as well as allow the user to have more control over the display in general. Example, add screen timeout times such as timeout after 5 minutes, 10, 15, etc. Or option to choose never time out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Combine two european languages together

Actually we can only combine English to another languages like French, German, Spanisch or Italian.
    In Europe lives lot of persons coming from different countries.
    So it would be very interesting to combine other languages as only english.
    In my family we speak French and German, so it will be an huge feature to combine two (or three) european languages together like
    French/German
    French/Spanish
    French/Italian
    German/French
    German/Spanish
    Germin/Italian
    etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the "Alexa for Your Day" a feature that can be turned off.

I'm extremely disappointed with the operating system of the new Echo Show 10. Unlike the other display features like weather or news there is no way to stop the "Alexa for Your Day" from displaying. I like seeing my pictures on all of my current Echo Shows, but with the new Echo Show 10 I see one of my pictures then I see the "Alexa for Your Day." Please make it a feature I'm able to turn off. It's very annoying to see the "Alexa for Your Day." in between my pictures.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. list as a stand alone icon

Figure a way for the shopping list to be set "outside" the Alexa app, to stand alone versus having to go through multiple screens on the phone while you're in the store "just" to get to your shopping list!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Correct / Allow for any smart device as a trigger

Your routines will not allow for any of my light switches or plugs to be used as a trigger, hence switch goes on anounce something as action. This restriction makes no sence and cannot seem to be able to find any smart switches or plugs that will show in the routines device triggers screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. open a url in firefox

Since you allow for "Alexa open youtube" Im looking for a skill that will allow me to open a user settable url in firefox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Uservoice space of genre of Chutney Music

Currently if the voice command of Alexa - Play Chutney Music is said - it reverts to the wrong genre of soca music. I have added my online radio station and used the invocation of Chutney Music but the skill must be added in order for this work. I was adviced to go this method to get the Uservoice Space for the creation of the genre of Chutney Music. I am willing to add the content via ftp as I am involved in a lot of the releases of the music worldwide or if it can be direct to my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sleep Timer for Video (Prime Video Etc..)

Exactly the same that currently works for audio but that works for Video skills on Echo Shows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need an Echo Show with HDMI out.

This is the killer device that everyone is looking for. Echo Show is great, but the screen is too small. Sound is great from the Echo Show itself so you wouldn't need to use the TV sound, thus avoiding feedback issues etc. due to latency in the TV. Two way video calling is a lot different with a big screen, enabling family conversations and a more natural experience than you get when handholding a device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto duck support in APLA Mixer

Auto duck is a popular feature in audio mixing software like Audacity; it allows a track (A) to play at a desired volume while there is silence on another track (B). Whenever track B is NOT silent, track A automatically reduces its volume, allowing track B to be heard clearly, and both tracks to continue uninterrupted. A automatically returns to its default volume when B is silent once again, and so on for the duration of the track(s).

Example:

Track A: background music
    Track B: voiceover (VO) track - spoken phrases separated by variable-length periods of silence.
    This use case…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time and temperature

Can you add a “time and temperature” feature to Flash Briefing and News scripts?
    Just a short 5 second or so item that can be added to flash briefing and news scripts that tells current local time and current local temperature Perhaps have an option that just tells the local time.. OR both time and temp. Email me, I’ll tell you more about what I have in mind.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request to add custom alert support in Alexa proactive event

Example notification:
    There is a XXXX alert for your YYYY.
    This XXXX can be of YYYY can be of replaced by anything.
    Ex: There is a "low balance" alert for your "test account".

Thank you very much in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display yellow bar when package is delivered

I had an echo in the living room which instantly displayed a yellow ring when a package was delivered. My next glance at it told me I needed to get the package off my porch before the porch pirates got it. I upgraded to an echo show 8. It will display a message that I might see when I glance over there an hour or longer after the package is delivered. Like the echo I need a yellow bar on screen so no matter what trivial stuff the echo show is rotating through on the screen, I will instantly know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 24h clock setting instead of am/pm

This is a must have setting v a like to have. When setting appointments in calendar it sets time to wrong period if working with European clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show installed skill icons on echo show home screen like a tablet or phone does

Lots of wasted space. Help out skill developers by providing a visual reminder of what skills they've used in the past.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include single letters for multiple-choice questions in AMAZON.SelectItem

Use-case example:

Alexa: "Here is a multiple-choice question for you. {question} Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D."

User: "A"

Alexa:"Answer A {answertext} is correct. Good job!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Alternate routine day choices

Currently, if you want to set a routine on Alexa, it can only be Everyday, Weekdays, Weekends, or one particular day. If I want to set a routine for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I would have to set up 3 different routines. Could you please add the option to choose alternate days, or even any choice of days(Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri) instead of only being able to choose one day and return to the beginning to add more routines? Thank you in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. serial number & Password

As an option to existing contacts lists etc, Alexa (especially Echo Show) be set up for an "access password"
    This is separate to user password. Any user with both serial number and access password can vieo call to device (i.e. echo show). This would mean that families can exchange Serial Numbers and Access Passwords and instantly videocall the devices which have exchanged serial numbers and passwords. User can change Password at any time tto kill all existing permissions witth Access Password.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base