Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow multiple Alexa devices (If called different names) to relay commands to the alternatively named Alexa

I have multiple Alexa's one is attached to hi fi simply called Alexa. The other is on my work bench called Computer. Would be nice to still be able to say 'Alexa' play xyz while at my workbench and have the device named Computer relay the command to the one attached to the hi fi without needing any other workaround commands like 'everywhere'

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NLU Annotation set tool user improvements

Couple of things that could make it easier from a user perspective if you don't mind the feedback

You can only see 10 utterances per page, would be great to be able to see 50 / 100 per page

Would be good to filter on the columns, e.g. filter, all the expected intents with "xyz"

Would be good to duplicate an notation set to then use again with edits

Would be good to be able to download an annotation set as a CSV, so you can edit and then upload again

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alexa Custom Notification using Proactive Event API for connected car

A generic Notification proactive schema can look like below

Event Name - AMAZON.CustomAlert.Available

message example - vehicle <content.name> <customalert.message> at <customalert.time>
    example

event: {

name: AMAZON.CustomAlert.Available,

payload: {

customAlert: {

time: 2028-11-20T21:00:00Z,
    }
    content: {name: vehicle name}}

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pause reminders

I would like an ability to pause reminders.
    If I set up a weekly, or even daily reminder, perhaps I will go on vacation or will need to stop hearing that reminder for awhile. I have to delete the reminder, then remake it later. It would nice to be able to say "alexa, pause this reminder until May 4th" or at least have the option to set that up in the Alexa app.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sending custom Notification using Proactive Events API

we are working on connected car skill. we want to send custom notifications to user for example when there is harsh driving, geofence breach etc. the format of the notification might be

<any string > at <datetime>

where any string - mandatory (size of string should not be greater then suitable for alexa)

for example
    <car1 entered geofence> at <21-8-2020 12:00 PM>
    <harsh driving detected by car1> at <21-8-2020 12:00 PM>

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide ability to check in-skill subscription status from external application

Our service has multiple frontends. For this example, let's assume we have an Alexa Skill and Web interface.

CASE 1: User subscribes via Web and uses the Web. OK
    CASE 2: User subscribes via skill and uses the skill. OK
    CASE 3: User subscribes via the Web and users the skill. OK (The skill can check the payment API of the web application for sub status.)

FAIL CASE: User subscribes via Alexa skill and uses the web app. There is no way for the web application to verify the Alexa skill subscription status.

Please add this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Do not close skill unless I give command

Currently, extending the the session timeout duration is not a supported feature of Alexa Skills Kit.

Yet, I hope that a skill is closed only when I give certain command, so that I don't need to activate it again. (I only activate one skill at a time)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open the direction of voice heard to other zigbee devices

I want the direction of voice heard by echo pass to my robot (through ZigBee, or Internet), so that the robot could make its move to that direction.
    This feature is CRITICAL for home robot control. In case the robot has a map of the room, and could navigate by itself, also the position of Echo in room is known, once a command is made, the robot could move to that direction by itself.
    Why such important feature is not supported yet?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proactive Events notify with light/sound without ask to Alexa...

It would be useful for Proactive Events to automatically notify new notifications (with audio or badge in the display series: echo spot / show) without having to ask Alexa: are there new notifications ?.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add again custom notifications.

I'd would love it if it is possible to add again custom notifications for services like the popular skill "Notifyme". I Want to create a skill like "Notifyme" for germany but it isnt possible with the new proactive schemas. So i would love it if it is possible to add a schema for complete custom messages. I would also have the idea that you can identify skills that use this feature if this should be the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support multi-value slots for AMAZON.NUMBER

If I create a multi-value slot using AMAZON.NUMBER, I don't get a conjunction of separate values. E.g. if my utterance includes "1, 2, and 3" instead of getting the conjoined value "1 2 3", I get the number 123. Multi-value slots should work if the slot type is AMAZON.NUMBER.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use dynamic entities with slot elicitation in order to refine choice

I'd like to set a dynamic entity with specific answers, and then prompt for the slot with that type. This isn't possible because of this error:"No other directives are allowed to be specified with a Dialog directive. The following Directives were returned: [Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities]"

The use case is refining the customer's choice where lots of the choices have similar values. The dynamic entity is being used to distinguish between them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Understand basic english adverbs

My grandfather uses alexa for menial requests such as the date and time, weather forecasts, reading the bible etc... However he often makes requests like such: "Alexa kindly <operation>" which she unfortunately doesn't comprehend. Is it possible to add some degree of adverb functionality/recognition in?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Garage Door opener on es-ES Locale

It seems garage door opener are only supported on Locale en-US.
    When trying to certify our skill we get the following message from the certifcation team:
    One of the language variants of your Smart Home skill includes
    functionality that is not yet available for Alexa in that language. Please remove any unsupported functionality from the skill before resubmitting.

Unsupported Functionality: Garage Doors
    Language(s) Impacted: Spanish (Spain)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Standard Built-in Intent: PurchaseIntent

ISP requires a "purchase"-intent to be available in the interaction model, currently every developer implements his own "purchase"-intent with his own utterances. This is not user friendly, as a user cannot rely on being able to use learned utterances from "skill A" in "skill B". So my idea is a new standard built-in "PurchaseIntent".

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide means for testing headless responses in Dev Console

Currently one can only simulate a device with a display in the dev console. It would be nice if Dev Console provided a means to test a headless response, given that those make up the most significant share of user requests.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for Any Device placed into a Group with Echo Device

There are multiple Asks from other Users over a number years, yet Amazon isn’t acting or reacting.

Alexa Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for any device placed in a group + Echo device, to control using natural utterance as long as it is in a group using the object name. (same as lights/switches).

Alexa supports Lights, Switches, Thermostats - today. However myself and many others would like to Control the devices we choose to insert into a group with natural utterances, regardless if they are a Blind/Shade, Awning, Fan, drape etc but use the objects name vs having to utter Alexa…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transfer audio to another device

Move audio to another device, i.e. I’m done in the kitchen and want to continue listening in the dining room. “Alexa,follow me to the dining room.”

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Voice command for Alexa "remember" my skills already activated

Currently, the only way I can "remember" the skills I have already activated, is by finding the menu item “Skills” on the left and tap it to open a page of skills that you can enable on Alexa. ...

Which is extremely laborious.

My recommendation is to create a command "Alexa what are my skills enabled"

And Alexa lists each one, saying their activation name.

All the best.
    R. Murer

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base