Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Volume control with accuracy of 1%

The volume can also be specified as a percentage, which is great. However, only 5% steps seem to be possible. For quiet music while working, however, I would like to have about 3% volume, which is unfortunately only adjustable via the smartphone.
    Therefore, the possibility to adjust the volume with an accuracy of 1% would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow developer feedback for skills in International locales

Currently the only way for a developer to respond to a user comment about their Alexa Skill is via comments in the review section.
    Now the only people who can comment or otherwise respond to a review are those who have spent a certain amount of money (for the US it is $50) on that particular amazon site. Clearly a developer publishing in multiple languages in different international locales would not have spent enough money in most international locales other their own home, so they can't respond to any comments posted for their international versions. This is a glaring hole…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow custom skill to recommend and set routines instead of users if permitted

Alexa Routines are nice but it's still too tech-y to set up. If a custom skill has some actions suitable for using as routines, it would be great for a custom skill to recommend, ask permission from user, and set routines instead of users. This will reduce user's conflictions and increase skill usage.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. private skill routine

Please allow beta tester to be able to add private skills to Routine.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Music & Media Action - Ability to Select Speaker

In routines option for Music and Media action. I'd like the ability to control which speaker the action plays on. Instead of the only option being for the whole routine. For example having a routine play a spotify playlist on 1 speaker speaker while white noise skill on another speaker. All from one voice command. This would allow for more flexible routines based on bed-times and wake-ups.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calculate the approximate reading duration for an SSML response

Sometimes, I'd have to (more or less) "continue" an interrupted SSML response. I understand that it is not possible to find out if and where a response has been interrupted.

Therefore, it would come very handy if I could find out beforehand how long a response might take to be read. From this (plus timestamp of this response and the next intent's) I can calculate how far reading might have proceed.

So, my request is:
    - enter a text string plus device reading speed
    - calculate approximate expected reading duratioin from this

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add headless device option to simulator

RIght now, the simulator always sends a response for an APL device with a display. Since we have to also support devices without displays (headless devices), it would be good to also have an option for simulating the response of a headless device like the very common Echo/Echo Dot.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to make alexa always talk in whisper mode

Ability to force Alexa always talk in whisper mode, even if I speak normally.

The purpose is, when I am playing music on high volume, Alexa doesn't need to speak so loud to me.

Another alternative would be to have separate volume control for Alexa interations

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. APL Events Console (APL Authoring Tool)

It would be very useful, when using the APL Authoring Tool and in play mode, having a separate console that logs all the fired commands. Especially the SendEvent command could be very useful to get more details on (a list of all the listed arguments), especially when working with dynamic values that might change throughout interaction with the APL document.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable multiroom playback for Fire TV devices and Echo Show devices, combined with multiroom audio

Not sure if this should be Audio /Video player or Other

As a user I would like to enable the audio from my Fire TV device (stick, cube etc) the same as I can with multiroom music groups.

For live events such as sporting events, football, baseball, basketball, etc it would mean I can have the game on and... Run to the restroom, the kitchen, and throughout the house. With multiroom audio serving an echo device on my deck I can hear the game while I'm out on my deck grilling and see the TV through the window.

With tvs/fire…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a Long-form Text Slot Type for Alexa Conversations

I need to be able to allow the user to answer questions in their own words in Alexa Conversations. Not just in a canned slot. For example, I want to ask, "How are you?" And then do sentiment analysis on the response. Or, I want to ask, "what happened today?" And capture the answer. I can currently do this with AMAZON.SearchQuery but it's a hack. I need an AMAZON.LongFormText slot type.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. outdoor temperature alert

"Alexa alert me when the temperature drops below 50 degrees"

As the seasons change, my animals need to come in earlier/ later. I would like to be able to do that by setting a temp alert instead of a timer.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow access skills from another region/language

More than 1 million Bulgarian immigrants scattered across the globe are struggling to preserve their cultural identity/heritage and to pass it over to their children. There are Alexa skills (like "Bulgarian library" skill) which could help them teach BG-language to their children however currently Amazon does not allow access to this skill from anywhere except US,UK,CA,AU. Most of the world (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc) has no access to it. So, in this case splitting the globe into regions makes no sense whatsoever.

Would be greatly appreciated by thousands of people IF Amazon allows access to skills which are outside…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Safebox

We would like to get safebox as device type in your device list.. our device actually is under lock type but we would like to get it as separate type of device because the features of out IoT safebox (ARREGUI) are quite different than a lock. We have implemented via MQTT from our cloud the features Remote Opening (for emergency cases) and DeleteUser. For security reasons, for perform a succesful opening , someone has to be in front of the safebox for manually awake the safebox and turn the knob for completing the operation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Web API for Games Support for NOT Games

Currently, Web API for Games support requires that the skill be a Game.
    I would like to use the Web API functionality for visuals for NOT games. For example, voice controlled charts and maps. So, if I have a Skill showing the location of the nearest hardware store and the user says, Not that One, I want the map to move, and Web API is a great way to do that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I’d like the Echo Show to display Arlo Camera when motion triggers it. I don’t understand why there can be an audio alert and not a video?

I’d like the Echo Show to display Arlo Camera when motion triggers it. I don’t understand why there can be an audio alert and not a video?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Handling of multiple Spotify accounts

Currently voice controls only make use of the spotify account linked to the main user. even if multiple amazon accounts are used on the echos with separate spotify accounts linked to them - if a different Amazon account is active, „play spotify“ results in the use of the main users spotify account.

Please activate, that the used spotify account is based on the active amazon account.

Ideal would be of course if voice recognition would automatically select the right spotify account, without the need to say „change account“ upfront.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Launch the skill after the reminder.

I want the reminder API to be able to launch skills via Skill Connections, like the timer API.

For example
    1. The reminder rang.
    2. Alexa Skill has launched.
    3. Alexa said. Did you do it?
    4. User said. Did not do.
    5. Alexa said. Then when do you do it?
    6. User said. 3 days later. / 5 days later. / others. (Irregular)
    7. Alexa Skill has set a new reminder.

I want to create such skills.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have an action to set a timer

I'm constantly setting the same timer and would like a routine to make it simple.
    Eg I want to see a tea timer of 4 minutes
    I could just have a routine called make tea - which announces "setting a 4 minute tea timer" then it starts a 4 minute timer.
    The wait or delay doesn't accomplish the same as a timer keeps ringer until I stop it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base