Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add sender-id to smarthome directives

Would it be possible to transmit the name, room-name, or serial number of the respective echo device when sending a directive (e.g. turn-on) through the api to my AVS smarthome device.
    This would allow me to react differently depending in which room the voice command was issued.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Echo light ring to indicate timer progress/countdown

A timer would be improved if I could quickly see the progress without asking how much time is left.
    I suggest that you use the light ring to count down the timer: starting with the light ring fully lit when the timer starts, it could progressively dim, a bit like the hand of a clock.
    There could also be a light flash warning when, say, 1 min from the timer ending.
    It would be nice also to save and recall a timer that I use often.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to fix Alexa Skills to run one after another if they will both appear at same time

Today on 17.04.2021 at 10:15 AM, I experienced a situation where two skills appear at the same time. They are reading amazon order notifications and executing routine.

The routine was set by me which is running on scheduled time after a specific interval. The detailed information is given below:

Previously, I set a routine on weekly basis(Saturday at 10:15 AM). However, at that time(10:14 AM), there a notification arrived about my amazon order.

So, I requested Alexa to read my notification and Alexa read it for me. Fortunately, my request and the routine execution time were the same(10:15 AM), as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Alexa.ContactSensor and Alexa.MotionSensor available for en-gb users

The ContactSensor and MotionSensor types are available in many regions but not the en-gb locale. Given that the security panel controller is available in en-gb it would bring a large benefit to users to be able to utilise the contact & motion sensor functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. APL transition property

The AnimateItem command can be used to create animations for the opacity and transform properties. With the release of APL 1.6, many more properties have been unlocked for dynamic updates, such as the height and width of a component.However, the AnimateItem command does not support these properties, instead you have to use for example Easing Functions to implement animations for these properties. In my opinion, the Easing Functions are relatively complex in terms of their structure, and furthermore they can currently only be defined statically, which means that, as with the AnimateItem command, I have to define the initial and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow outDir and build command for Alexa hosted skill

When using Alexa hosted skill there's no ability to define the
    "outDir": "dist" instead a hardcoded index.js is always used. While this isn't a blocker it's not a great experience.

It would be nice to define a build command when the deploy happens for example in package.json under scripts like the following

npm run compile

which would then compile the TypeScript source code in the src directory and output it to the dist directory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Golang ASK SDK (Custom + Smart Home)

I have been developing Smart Home Skills in Golang and would like to move into a hybrid model (Custom + Smart Home).
    I realized that the SDKs for the various features in the Custom Alexa Skills are available in Java, Python, and Javascript.

Considering the skills are triggered through Lambda functions and Golang is a supported platform, could you let me know if a Go SDK might be on your roadmap? It will help to decide the course of further development.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. barometric pressure

Would love to be able to ask Alexa what the barometric pressure is outside. My dad has breathing problems and thinks his bad days are linked to the BP outside, but when you try to ask her, she just gives the outside temp and weather forecast.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video Call on Phone: On screen display timeout

When I use alexa app on my iphone and during a video call, if I have to move to another screen and come back to the Alexa video call, from that point of time, the screen times off and I have to touch the display to bring it on again. Can we ensure that during the video call, there is no time out and the display stays on until the video call is finished irrespective of if we moved away from the screen for a while or not?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a proactive event for general reminders

For example: "remeber to <action> <time>"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Hyperlink in Descriptions

I write the URL of "Share Routine" in the description field.
    And You can share "Routine" by clicking on the hyperlink.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Start a timer (with no time set, just starts counting up)

Typically, you ask Alexa to start a down count timer.
    Often it would be useful to just start an upcount timer.
    You could differentiate between "Start a timer" and the regular "Set a X min timer" by noticing that there was no time given. And the phrase must be "Start a timer"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Commands white/ black list

I would love to have a feature to block or ignore all commands which were not allowed before.

This would make it so much easier to only use it for what you need like „volume up/down“, „lights on“... and all other stuff is just gone.

No more strange interactions with Alexa when she understands something i haven‘t said at all!

How?

Give us a whitelist/blacklist function or multiple choice select/deselect option.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow skills developers to invoke developing skills from routines

Currently, only published skills can be invoked from routines. This creates difficulties in skills testing because it is impossible to test how a skill will behave being invoked from a routine. It would be easier if a routine will be able to invoke a skill in published and developing mode as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Respond to “thank you” the same as “stop”

When a timer or alarm goes off, I instinctively say “Alexa, thank you”. Alexa says “you’re welcome” then carries on with the alarm sound. Maybe it’s a British thing, but when I say thank you to something I feel it should stop there. “Alexa, stop” seems very impolite.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine

It will be better for the user, to add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine instead of creating separately.

For example:

A user creates a routine named "I'm home". The tasks under this routine will be executed when the user says to Alexa "Alexa, I'm home".

However, the user may also say

"Alexa, I'm back" or
    "Alexa, I return home" or
    "Alexa, I enter in sweet home" or
    "Alexa, I enter home" or
    "Alexa, I'm back to my room" or
    "Alexa, I just arrive" or
    "Alexa, I arrive home" or
    "Alexa, I reach…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow monetisation in India location.

Trying to create skill to sell physical products using alexa skills in India. Adding Amazon pay option would be a great addition to user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Voice output via echo’s speaker, music via headphone jack

My echo show is connected via headphone jack to a sound system that I have turn on and off manually. To hear alexa, I need to turn it on. But I dont want to have the sound system turned on all day. Please bring an option where I can tell alexa to answer via the echos speaker and play the music via headphone jack, that would be much appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make my own audio file for alarms

I’d like to be able to move an audio file into the lists of alarm sounds available. So I could wake up to a customized file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base