Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mutiple skill invocation name

Need to provide an alternative to invoke a skill with multiple names instead of single name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sunset offset greater than 60 minutes.

Allow the sunset trigger to be offset by more than 60 minutes, similar to other platforms which allow greater control. Today I have to use a 3rd party to complete a task at sunset minus 90 and can only use Alexa at sunset minus 60. I'd prefer to keep this completely within Alexa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a counter for tracking sobriety and dates like that.

Is it possible for you to create a counter for tracking sobriety dates or when you quit smoking?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow skill invocation during a call or allow triggering external events during a call

I have a relative who is disabled and needs a way to mute her tv, when a call comes in on Alexa. Would be helpful to allow for triggering external events upon call start/stop, or allow ability to execute skills during a call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Music Skills API for the Spanish(US) locale

Hi, it will be great to be able to create Music Skills for spanish speakers in the USA.

By the way, Music Skills API works great for english speakers in the USA!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Handing off to..." Introduction Line

The skill for our Credit Union recently had an introduction line added to Alexa's verbiage once the skill is invoked. Previously, when the skill was invoked Alexa would respond by saying 'Welcome to USE Credit Union'.

Now, once invoked, Alexa says "Handing off to USE Credit Union (skill name) by USE Credit Union (company name). Welcome to USE Credit Union (skill name)."

As you can see, the addition of the 'Handing off to..." introduction line makes for a very redundant and strange user experience. I'm hoping there will be the option to remove this line some time soon.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spelling, user pronounciation, annunciation input to Alexa

Hi,

(I hope this is in the correct section, otherwise please move it appropriately. Thanks)

I would value being able to spell words into Alexa.

Understandably, after losing a tooth, it was clear that Alexa had more difficulty understanding me.

I couldn't find a way to spell a word into Alexa, which would make my question get an answer.

Perhaps it already exists?
    I would appreciate knowing how to do this, but if not may I put this forward as a feature I'd value.

Thanks

Pete

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Activity Log on developer console.

Presently Alexa developer console does not support federated login. We have team of developers who works on the same skill. It is better to have an activity log which keeps track of what changes are done to the skill by which user. This gives us a way to track the changes made by various users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calendar Notifications - Support multiple echo devices

Right now, calendar notifications can only be sent to one echo device, but I want to send the notifications to several echo devices. Please implement a list of echo devices with a toggle per device to enable or disable Calendar notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spelling Answers to Learning

Every time you ask Alexa to spell something, she answers and adds it to a list. This list can be accesed on screened devices as set of flash cards. On devices with or without a display, you can ask "Alexa, quiz my spelling" and she can read out the words and ask you to spell them. This has loads of educational potential for kids and adults with learning disabilites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Amazon Shopping Notifications Only to Specific Devices

There are certain echo devices that I don't want Amazon Shopping Notifications sent to, but it seems to be all devices in the amazon household or nothing. For feature reference, Alexa calendar notifications currently supports enabling notifications per echo device in my account. As a stretch goal, I would like every notification type to be configurable per device (Shopping, Announcements, News, Reminders, etc)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support to stream audio from SSL on ports other than 443

Can support be added to the AudioPlayer interface to allow streaming over SSL on ports other than 443? Currently streaming is limited to ONLY port 443 (the standard SSL port), but there should be no reason that other ports cannot also be supported.

This limitation makes it so that services hosted from behind a firewall can no longer use that port (even when port forwarding in employed).

In my case, I am hosting a streaming media server from behind my firewall, however I would like to have a secure website which I also host from the same IP address. My…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Skills shouldn't return intents with empty slot / dynamic values

Sometimes the Alexa service will say that a user's utterance matched and intent but then provide an empty slot value and no dynamic entities.

If an intent has been matched then the Alexa service should return its best guess at what the user has said so the the developer can do processing on it with the additional context they hold.

If the utterance is determined to be too far away from the training data to be sent to the developer for privacy reasons then the intent shouldn't be matched.

Adjusting the fallback sensitivity is not a satisfactory solution to this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove skill connections permission message

When a skill wants to hand a user to another skill they are currently confronted with a pretty technical sounding piece of copy: "Skill A would like to use skill B to do that. May I send the request to skill B?"

This is clearly well intentioned - trying to make sure the user understands what is going on but has some issue nonetheless:

1) it provides a lot of additional friction
    2) it prevents developers building seamless experiences closer to a natural conversation
    3) it introduces Alexa as the "I" at a point that may not be appropriate in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back the ability to send SMS messages from Echo Frames

For two years I have been able to send SMS messages from my echo frames by saying "Alexa text 'contact Name'", the system would verify the contact and allow me to dictate the message which was sent as an SMS text. This no longer works. Now when I try I get the singularly unhelpfull offer to send a voice message that no one ever gets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa to play audio and listen at the same time

can Alexa listen and play audio at the same time?

This could be in a quiz format for example, Alexa asks a quiz question and then plays dramatic/ tense music until the user responds with an answer

For UX reasons, it would be good to avoid making the user use the wake word. I don't really want them to have to start each answer with "Alexa,.." or whatever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More notification schemas and SSML in notifications

If we could introduce more notification schemas to cater to the different kinds of notification messages each industry will require would be advantageous. Currently, we need to choose from the available schemas which suits best and it's not always possible to frame notification messages around the fixed schemas. Also introducing SSML in notifications would be truly beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adaptative sound level

Hello,
    Alexa speaks too loudly or not enough depending on the ambient noise. A volume which will adapt according to the ambient noise would be a great.
    Thanks,
    Philippe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Analytics metrics for notifications

Our skill uses the Proactive Events API to send periodic notifications to the user. It would be great if we had a metrics on the Analytics dashboard to evaluate the number of notifications sent to the user, the number of notifications received by the user and the number of notifications read by the user. This will in turn help developers evaluate the skill response and build better skills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. default settings for smart devices within a group

When turning on a group the lights and other devices within the group are the same when switched off. Would be useful to have a "defaults" area where we can set the defaults. At the moment I have a routine called "office chill" which makes the light blue (among other things), then I say "turn the office off", but then when I say turn office on its still blue. Would want it to be white. I have a bunch of custom routines like "office on" but would be nice to have default option, ideally for all device options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base