Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'd like to be able to tell Alexa to "don't stop" while reading wikipedia articles. It's very annoying to be listening to an article and keep getting prompted to continue. If I'm done listening, I can cancel, just like I can cancel any other skill that's in progress.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep  the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and  Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been  received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration.  You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature  request: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

2. I want to be able to say "Alexa, what's on NBC (or ABC, or CBS, etc.) tonight and be given the rundown of what's showing. I was able to do this until very recently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep  the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and  Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been  received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration.  You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature  request: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

3. My grandfather uses alexa for menial requests such as the date and time, weather forecasts, reading the bible etc... However he often makes requests like such: "Alexa kindly <operation>" which she unfortunately doesn't comprehend. Is it possible to add some degree of adverb functionality/recognition in?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have a stutter, and find it hard to say any of the wake words easy. Could an option be added for users to say “Hey Alexa” rather than just “Alexa”

Whenever I say Hey Alexa, it doesn’t seem to recognise it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would be good if i can get the output of echo show screen in a TV monitor, as echo show having small screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Routed  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

6. I would love to have the Jarvis voice from iron man. Is it possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Routed  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

7. Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

748 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  468 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. you need to put a beard feature for the list of skill so that people can find their skills when they create a bunch of them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I had recently the problem that my echo dot was playing awful music, but I could not stop playing the music since I had a temporally network issue. "Alexa, Stop" does require internet, that seems to be wrong!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG:
    When using LITERAL types the editor creates invalid json. If I add a slot of type LITERAL to an intent it automatically adds an invalid object to the types list:
    "types": [
    {
    "name": "LITERAL",
    "values": []
    }
    ]
    The model validator complains that the values list can not be empty for a type, but there are not values for a LITERAL type. If I remove the object completely it fixes the schema.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?