Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alexa enabled device to connect all the sources (display port, HMDI) will allow me to switch sources with my voice vs touch clumsy monitor.

My idea would enable Alexa to input multiple PC monitor sources and give the ability to switch between them. It is so annoying to switch using under monitor buttons and KVM switches are so 1990's tech with tons of cables everywhere.

One Alexa voice to control them all so to speak. I imagine this could be done via either hardware or software installed on the PC that is Alexa enabled. Either way could provide further expand-ability but that's beyond the scope of this idea currently.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unread Notifications reminder for devices with screen

Please update the firmware of devices with screen for put an icons or visual sign about an unread notification.

On devices without screen you can see the ring turning up yellow, how about devices with screen??. Nothing!. Why not keep a yellow line at the bottom of the screen, or maybe more visually and icon just side the clock.

It's easy, please update this at the firmware soon.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Alexa should be able to clear my history.

Alexa can clear your history by erasing everything you've asked her to do.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Additional APL Video event handler ideas

It would be useful if additional event handlers could be added to the APL video component to allow more control over the following situations:

onTimeout or onFailedLoad - Allows the template creator to have an event automatically fire in the event that the video source fails to load for a given period of time (something like 5 seconds, or potentially even a user-defined period).

onUnload - Allows template creator to fire an event when the video player is unloaded (such as when a new page is requested)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add 'Request Desktop Site (Version)' option to Echo's Web Browser

Currently, many of the websites that I visit on Echo redirects me to a mobile version of the website, which basically tells me to download the app (ex. https://open.spotify.com/). I would love the option for the silk to request 'Desktop Version' of the site, so it won't be redirected to the 'get the app' website.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to Hide Top Bar in Browser

The top bar in Echo's Silk browser does not always disappear when scrolling up. There are some website where that feature does not work (ex. https://play.pocketcasts.com/). Please, either fix the automatic scroll up bug or add a button to hide top bar in Echo's Silk Browser.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trigger\Call lambda from routine

Being able to call a lamda function from a routine would provide a high level of customization, and allow a person to trigger an action from an event. Currently you are forced to use only what is supported out of the box and cant build anything on top of that. Lamda calling would allow for that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recording voice messages for multi-use

When I go on deployment, I cannot use a “drop in” to talk to my kids for months at a time, so I’m hoping a development is underway to hold/store recordings of me saying goodnight/good morning to the kids and other prerecorded messages of me. Maybe incorporate it into a routine for them too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Langauge development

You should increase the languages in Alexa.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. time

Usage time limitations/time plans/temporarily deactivation of Echo devices via Alexa app to prevent children from using the device/consuming content excessively or during night etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow two way video for Echo show with WebRTC

Need two way video support using RTCSessionController to enable lot of skills, long with much needed Aira for Visually impaired. This is a much add feature and I hope low hanging for enabling accessibility using Aira.

https://aira.io

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove the conflict between Smart home device and Custom skill

Hi,

As I was creating a custom skill to control the TV through IR, after saying "Alexa, turn on the tv" it goes to the smart home skill section and says"No smart devices are found in your account" so As I was asking about this in forum they said this always will happen for custom skill you need invocation and all but if this feature is implemented it will be best.

You can have a checker or switcher which looks for smart home devices connection(In smart home skill) if none found it will search it in custom skill and after…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Two languages at the same time

Hello there,

it'd be excellent if Alexa could have two languages activated at the same time. For example, I'd love to have German and English activated and have access to the German and the US skill store at the same time.

Much obliged

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a command to restart the Echo device(s).

Every so often, Echo devices take longer to respond, or generally start performing sub-optimally. This is typically resolved by restarting the unit. It seems I have to do this about once a month or so. Obviously, performing a power cycle can be done physically by pulling the plug, but having a command to tell Alexa to restart the device would be much more desirable, especially if a user can create a routine to restart all devices, or schedule a reboot every so often.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Echo show customizations for room type. Kitchen, bedroom, etc. Also echo link app controlling audio. Not so easy playing music

Example Alexa show in the kitchen having menu for recipes. For the bedroom things that would replace a phone (port home phone to echo) or an alarm clock, or remote. Echo link not so easy to play music. It will attempt to play on all other echo devices before going to link.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow more adult profiles

Currently, profiles are limited to 2 adults, as the same system is used for prime membership sharing. Please implement another type of adult user without prime sharing. This would allow different users to have their own configuration, it should be linked to voice profile so that when my son asks for calendar details then he gets HIS calendar details, likewise my self and my wife.

Voice profiles are not meeting this need currently. Sure, it's possible for different users to have their own alexa on their own account, but this does not allow features such as announcements, remote commands, and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Alexa interaction flow besides :tell and :ask - :ask-once

• Suggestion

Having a new flow in Alexa interaction:
    Prompt -> listen -> exit

• Problem

As you know, there are currently two main Alexa interaction flows:

:tell - Prompt -> listen -> end session

and

:ask - Prompt -> listen -> reprompt -> listen -> end session

This is quite sufficient, but sometimes there could be a use for a shorter interaction, where user is asked for something once. Alexa would listen for the response and if user says nothing it closes the session. This would be mostly useful at the end of the game, when asking user for some feedback,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. adsf

adsf

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send Command to Remote Alexa Speaker Device

I receive many requests from users who would like to be able to launch a skill to a remote device. For example, a customer in their living room may want to launch Rain Sounds in their child's bedroom by saying something like:

Customer: "Alexa, send a command to the kids' bedroom"
    Alexa: "O.K. What command?"
    Customer: "Open Rain Sounds"
    [success chime]
    [LaunchRequest is sent to the Rain Sounds skill from the "kids' bedroom" device]

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slow down Alexa's speech speed - Make Alexa more accessible

I'd very much like my son (11 yrs) to be able to communicate w/Alexa.
    He's not an Eng as a mother tongue (native) speaker, as am I ;-)
    Regrettably, his command of the English lang is as a 3-4 yrs.
    I'd like that Alexa would:
    1) Speak A Lot (!) Slower?
    2) Reply A Lot (!) more accessible ("lower" English "level")?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base