Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revoke notification

Once a notification has been delivered to the user's Alexa device, there should be an option to revoke it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Smart Home Hobbyist developers

There is a large community of users of e.g. Node Red and such systems as Home Assistant who benefit dramatically for something between the simplistic Blueprints and the large scsle complexity of skill development. These people are an open source community, not interested in monetisation. Using an AWS server is expensive, and alternatives involve risky port opening, and a home server available to all.
    It would be great to have a category of private skill, for running on a home server, just for that individual's home and family, which could be shared on e.g. github and improved that way. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Alexa skill for HTTP custom commands

It would be useful to have a skill in which to define voice activation commands and the relative URLs to call.
    For example, if I say "Alexa, do this thing" a custom HTTP call is made (eg http://192.168.1.46/roller/0?go=Stop)
    This way there is the possibility of piloting any device that supports HTTP calls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mutiple skill invocation name

Need to provide an alternative to invoke a skill with multiple names instead of single name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove skill connections permission message

When a skill wants to hand a user to another skill they are currently confronted with a pretty technical sounding piece of copy: "Skill A would like to use skill B to do that. May I send the request to skill B?"

This is clearly well intentioned - trying to make sure the user understands what is going on but has some issue nonetheless:

1) it provides a lot of additional friction
    2) it prevents developers building seamless experiences closer to a natural conversation
    3) it introduces Alexa as the "I" at a point that may not be appropriate in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adaptative sound level

Hello,
    Alexa speaks too loudly or not enough depending on the ambient noise. A volume which will adapt according to the ambient noise would be a great.
    Thanks,
    Philippe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Zone support for thermostats

Have the ability to name each section of the house and set each zone to a separate temperature setpoint.

For example if I wanted to keep my bedroom cooler than the rest of the house I could create a zone and set a different temperature for it.

During device discovery the thermostat could say it has X number of zones available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Speak battery level of tablet/smartphone devices for the sight impaired

A very simple command such as "Alexa, battery" to report battery level. Would be very helpful to those who are sight-impaired and use tablets for audiobook play.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pet friendly, easing dog's fear of Alexa

My dog is terrified of Alexa when she speaks, would be great to have Alexa on command, announce...Good girl, (pet's name). Another option, I love you (pet's name). Hopefully, the pet would eventually feel at ease when hearing Alexa speak. My 83 year old mother will not call me on the echo for fear of traumatizing my dog. We originally purchased echo's for around her house to have the ability to call us in case of emergency. I know this sounds crazy, but there must be other pet owners who are experiencing this as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow in-session account linking

A user should be able to link their account mid-session and not be forced to exit the skill to get the benefits of a linked account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make my own audio file for alarms

I’d like to be able to move an audio file into the lists of alarm sounds available. So I could wake up to a customized file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add echo show display timeout options

The echo show screen automatically times out and turns off the display until it senses movement. This causes sound to stutter when listening to music. Adding display timeout options would fix this as well as allow the user to have more control over the display in general. Example, add screen timeout times such as timeout after 5 minutes, 10, 15, etc. Or option to choose never time out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the "Alexa for Your Day" a feature that can be turned off.

I'm extremely disappointed with the operating system of the new Echo Show 10. Unlike the other display features like weather or news there is no way to stop the "Alexa for Your Day" from displaying. I like seeing my pictures on all of my current Echo Shows, but with the new Echo Show 10 I see one of my pictures then I see the "Alexa for Your Day." Please make it a feature I'm able to turn off. It's very annoying to see the "Alexa for Your Day." in between my pictures.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. open a url in firefox

Since you allow for "Alexa open youtube" Im looking for a skill that will allow me to open a user settable url in firefox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Request to add custom alert support in Alexa proactive event

Example notification:
    There is a XXXX alert for your YYYY.
    This XXXX can be of YYYY can be of replaced by anything.
    Ex: There is a "low balance" alert for your "test account".

Thank you very much in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display yellow bar when package is delivered

I had an echo in the living room which instantly displayed a yellow ring when a package was delivered. My next glance at it told me I needed to get the package off my porch before the porch pirates got it. I upgraded to an echo show 8. It will display a message that I might see when I glance over there an hour or longer after the package is delivered. Like the echo I need a yellow bar on screen so no matter what trivial stuff the echo show is rotating through on the screen, I will instantly know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alexa Feature Request - Whole House Audio Zone Smart Home Device Type

A device type for a Smart Home Whole House Audio System Zone would be helpful. It could have features for zone on/off, volume up/down, mute/unmute, input/source selection, etc. This can be used with various manufacturer's whole house audio controllers/amplifiers such as HTD, Monoprice, Russound, Sonos, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. volume

A lower lowest volume on Echo Dot is needed. Currently the lowest volume setting achieved through the App controls is too loud. As dots are in bedrooms mainly, it needs to be lower to allow you to fall asleep.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjust audio volume

Have preset volume levels for drop-in, music playing, speaker groups and basic use. Having preset levels would be nice for drop in then a preset level for when I switch to music or speaker groups. All preset volume levels should be adjustable based on users preference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable Echo to control multiple groups

Allow Alexa Echo devices to connect to multiple groups.

My Situation:
    I am using a singular echo device named “Kitchen Echo” to control devices in both my kitchen and living room. One of the devices (located in living room) is a 2-light lamp fixture. In order to have both smart bulbs turn on in this lamp, I had to create a separate device group, using a separate Echo device.

This allows me to say... “Alexa, turn on Lamp 2” instead of telling Alexa to turn on both bulbs separately. I’d rather not use an Echo device located across my house…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base