Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Firestick Alexa app, speech via remote to text dispayed on TV screen for hearing impaired

On you Firestick remote, Say, "Alexa" then tell the Firestick Alexa, "Screen note", an on screen dialog box appears on the TV. then whatever you say into the Firestick remote appears in the dialog box. This would be an easy way to communicate with a deaf or hard of hearing person. With some time settable limits, 10 seconds, 45 minutes, or until dissmissed. It would also be a way to leave notes for others. I don't know if there is a way to make it display on OTA TV programing but that seems important.

Qmavam

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Decrease false triggers

have Alexa respond to “hey Alexa” (or hey Echo, or hey Amazon, or hey computer) like other AI assistants so Alexa won’t false-activate every time she hears her name or something like it in conversation or on the radio or on TV?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clarify the idea of groups and rooms

While in a minimalist approach to the Alexa app it may be fine, there is a big confusion that I have noticed across numerous friends and family members involving the idea that groups are basically how a user can group devices with an echo as a "room" idea. I think that either better guidance within the app should be included or a slightly modified system of organizing devices should be implemented. It seems that normal users do not realize that an alexa enabled device goes into a group with other devices to control them separately.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. EXCEEDED_MAX_REPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest device type inconsistencies

EXCEEDEDMAXREPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest does not behave on the Show appropriately - in fact it does not happen at all!

Makes SessionEndedRequest useless and means you can't code for a timeout to end the session and do cleanup then. The API should perform identically on all devices, or at the VERY LEAST the docs should articulate the differences

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow echo show screen to be controlled from Alexa app without voice command

Being able to change an echo show's screen brightness remotely via the Alexa app or routine. Having to ask the display to turn off at night is awkward and frustrating. Maybe implementing screen dimming or screen off on a routine or as part of the device control within the Alexa app

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trigger profile based on voice profile

If Alexa can tell who is speaking based on the voice profile, why cant it run routines for that user. Currently if my Alexa is on my profile my wife cant run her routines without having to ask Alexa to swtich profile

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Repeat on school nights

There should be an option to either pick multiple days of the week or pick school nights for repeating routines and reminders. Those are different on school nights (Sunday - Thursday) than Friday - Saturday. It's a pain getting everything turned off and on for school breaks much less have everything mysteriously vanish as happened recently.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create widget to access alexa lists

Would like to widget on home screen to access lists

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow skill developers access to the Flex Motion sensor

Currently you can not create a skill that can be triggered by activity detected by the motion sensor add-on the Amazon Flex supports. Please add this capability and then provide hooks in the AWS SDK to support it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ukrainian language voice

Ukrainian language voice support

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Widget to run routines

Have widgets to trigger custom or pre-made routines

Instead of saying "Alexa, turn on my lamp" and waking up my roommate, just tap a widget on my phone's home screen (or on Alexa's app home screen) to run this routine.

This to be a shortcut to open Alexa's app > menu > Routines > Run

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vacation mode

I would like to be able to set scheduled vacations in the Alexa app. Especially for routines and Guard mode. When I leave home there is no way to turn off my routines that I don’t want to run when I’m away.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Alexa available in Bangladesh

Please make Alexa available in Bangladesh even if it is in English. A lot of people are unable to use their Amazon devices because Alexa isn't available in Bangladesh.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Custom Text and Branded Button to Account Linking Successfully Linked Page

Alexa Account Linking should allow the developer to add some text, a button (color and text), and URL to the "Successfully Linked" page so user's can continue to a settings page after linking accounts.

See image at: https://twitter.com/marktucker/status/1204883082894925824

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow family members from other countries to join household.

Allow family members from other countries join my household to control my smart home and Alexa. My home is based in Canada amazon.ca and his profile is in USA amazon.com. No purchasing or other features that’s country based for pricing but just home control etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Start APL animation with response and make it non blocking for user interaction

Why the current behaviour (animation (AnimateItem) starts after the Alexa speech) should be changed:
    -As long as the animation is playing the user cannot directly interact with Alexa, only if the user use the activation word he can interact again with Alexa, this could be confusing.
    -If the animation is more like a bonus or a visualisation to the Alexa speech it should start directly with the response.
    Solutions:
    -Set the animation to start with the response and not after the Alexa speech
    -Give developers two options, "start with response" or "start after alexa speech"
    -Separate the animation from the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share to alexa show

There should be a way to share a website or recipe that I find on my phone with my Alexa show in the kitchen. It seems like you are locked to what Alexa finds. My family uses different dinner delivery services and still have to prop our phones up to follow a recipe. Or a recipe my wife finds online and shares with me. This should be able to be shared to the app then uploaded to the show.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 24 hour time on echo dot. The whole world uses this. Including many in the US. I,be seen many, many complaints about this on Amazon Forums

Please add the ability to use 24 hour time. Both in how the user expresses time AND how Alexa expresses time. The ability to change date format would be great.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reply of Intent confirmation

I am developing a skills and using intent confirmation, when I reply to confirmation then it takes only 'Yes' and 'No'.
    There are no any other option to use synonyms of 'Yes' and 'No'.
    I.e. For 'Yes' -> 'exactly', 'ok','yea', 'fine' etc.
    For 'No' -> 'Sorry', 'Not' etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base