Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "what song is playing?" information to a radio skill

skills like TuneIn or Spotify, when I command Alexa "what song is playing?", returns me "You're listening to [name] from [author, podcast]. How do I implement this in my radio skill?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Personalized songs/story with name

Love to hear few songs in personalized name, for example a very common use case is birthday songs where Alexa can personalize with name of person whose birthday.
    Can be simply implemented with name place holder for few songs where personalization is possible.
    Same concept can be applied for few story books where character name can be personalized to kids name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sleep Timer for Video (Prime Video Etc..)

Exactly the same that currently works for audio but that works for Video skills on Echo Shows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need an Echo Show with HDMI out.

This is the killer device that everyone is looking for. Echo Show is great, but the screen is too small. Sound is great from the Echo Show itself so you wouldn't need to use the TV sound, thus avoiding feedback issues etc. due to latency in the TV. Two way video calling is a lot different with a big screen, enabling family conversations and a more natural experience than you get when handholding a device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Time and temperature

Can you add a “time and temperature” feature to Flash Briefing and News scripts?
    Just a short 5 second or so item that can be added to flash briefing and news scripts that tells current local time and current local temperature Perhaps have an option that just tells the local time.. OR both time and temp. Email me, I’ll tell you more about what I have in mind.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for mjpeg streaming

Please, implement mjpeg streaming to support older ip-cameras without rstp capabilities.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Whisper mode all the time. I have MS and noise hurts me. Also if the bass can be turned down further as well mayne

I have MS and get unwanted neurological effects from noise. Bass drives my IBS crazy. High volume seems to rattle in my head.
    Quitr often Alexa is far too loud (even on low enough volume). I discovered whisper mode yesterday. It's great. But can you add a permanent whisper mode for those who have sensory overload? Alexa often scares me with how loud "she speaks".

The bass goes "low" but it still causes anxiety and IBS symptoms. Is there any way to lower it further?

I know there's no perfect solution for my neurological issues, and there's no speaker that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mute Microphone on Echo Show Without Stopping Video

Allow for the Echo Show to mute audio while on a video call without also stopping the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Volume adjustment to the voice of the user

In part, Alexa's voice is too loud for me, for example at night. It would be great if Alexa automatically adjusts the volume to the volume of my voice, just like people do with each other. (Certainly hard to determine if the user is talking quietly or just far away)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Volume control with accuracy of 1%

The volume can also be specified as a percentage, which is great. However, only 5% steps seem to be possible. For quiet music while working, however, I would like to have about 3% volume, which is unfortunately only adjustable via the smartphone.
    Therefore, the possibility to adjust the volume with an accuracy of 1% would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable multiroom playback for Fire TV devices and Echo Show devices, combined with multiroom audio

Not sure if this should be Audio /Video player or Other

As a user I would like to enable the audio from my Fire TV device (stick, cube etc) the same as I can with multiroom music groups.

For live events such as sporting events, football, baseball, basketball, etc it would mean I can have the game on and... Run to the restroom, the kitchen, and throughout the house. With multiroom audio serving an echo device on my deck I can hear the game while I'm out on my deck grilling and see the TV through the window.

With tvs/fire…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Do not require SSL for audio player streams

Everyone likes the padlock in their URL bar. But, most (if not all) security breaches come from database theft, not IP packet sniffing -- especially sniffing of audio streams. Requiring SSL for audio streams/files is an extra complication that brings no benefit to the user, but introduces additional burden to the developer. Eliminate this requirement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a playSpeed attribute for the Video component

In the APL Video component the play speed cannot currently be increased or decreased. Adding a speed attribute would be useful for some use cases: e.g. games with higher difficulty could increase the play speed for a video-presented task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for much longer audio responses in APL for Audio

The current limit is 4 minutes. Our app plays backing tracks for guitarists and this is way too short. Please increase to at least 20 mins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. alexa read kindle books speed control

It would be great to give Alexa the ability to read Kindle books at variable speeds. I usually listen to books and podcasts at 1.25x normal speed. I can't do this with the Alexa app controls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mirror echo show screen to tv

would love to see the Screensaver/ echo show congregation displayed on my large TV so I can easily see my reminders calendar event.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add A Video Timer

I would like to fall asleep to Forensic Files but don't want it to play all night long and currently, the 'Alexa, set a sleep timer for ***' doesn't work for that. There's no way to turn the videos off after a specific amount of time except to wake up and tell Alexa to turn it off. Since this comes from Amazon Prime Video, there should be no reason that this can't be incorporated. I can set a timer for pretty much anything else, But Video! I've seen lots of requests for this. I imagine there are a lot of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Want to play amazon music in background as I watch video feed from cloud cam

I want to be able to watch a video feed from an added camera device (Amazon cloud cam, blink cam, eufycam, etc) while listening to amazon music in the background. Currently I have to switch between the two and cannot monitor my child's camera while listening to music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let Video Player support WebRTC

Currently, WebRTC is only available for smart home skills. A custom skill could only use Video Player to play videos using protocols like HLS.
    It would be nice for Video Player to support WebRTC, which could greatly decrease the latency caused by HLS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to create and change sound profile

Ability to create and change sound profiles. So, the ability to save Bass-Midrange-Treble audio setting to a specific profile (ex. Podcast, Rock). And later, have the ability to change via voice (Alexa, set audio profile to Rock), Or (Alexa, change audio profile on Bedroom Echo to Podcast)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base