Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

How can we improve Alexa Skill development services and tools?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow selection of AWS regions in ASK CLI deployments

The ASK CLI automatically defaults to the US Virginia region, which is not optimal for many users outside the US.

Whilst this can be manually changed later, it seems like an obvious confirmation option to add (to honour the AWS profile defaults for example).

1 vote
    Sign in

Sign in with a provider below:

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to create devices with ASK SDK

Currently I wasn't able to find an option to create a smart home device in NodeJS ASK SDK. It only allows to create event handlers. For instance Insteon skill for Alexa allows to create devices that alexa can communicate directly with (i.e. you can ask alexa to turn on light switch derectly without saying: "tell *skillname* to turn on the lights").

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set a reminder via my skill

It would be nice to be able to set a reminder from my own skill.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Call same intent after say 30 seconds automatically

For example, I invoke the skill by saying alexa take a note and after 30 seconds alexa asks me for it then again after 1 min alexa aks me for a note. Basically use setInterval() (node.js) in a response. Make a response go forever after every 30 seconds.

2 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for multi languages on the same phrase.

Being a spanish speaker in US it's hard to ask Alexa to play your favorite spanish artist in Amazon Music. Things like: "Alexa, play Joaquin Sabina", are almost impossible today.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calendar based skill that can be triggered autonomously

Hello,

I have a simple python app running on a server that creates few daily reminders on a google calendar [based on some logic]. Alexa is then linked to this google calendar (say via the mobile app).

* I'd like if Alexa can play a sound (custom or not) whenever a reminder on the calendar is due (or execute a specific skill).

I can invoke Alexa (voice command etc.) to tell me what is on my calendar, but this is not exactly what I want. I just want Alexa to play an alarm/sound [skill here] each time there is a…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. alexa tone of voice for kids

Do Alexa has a tone of voice? like speaking in an excited way when talking to kids. because based from my experience as a human when I talked to kids I use tones to get their attention more and level the tone to their needs. I usually get their attention 80 percent of the time when I want them to listen to me.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AudioPlayer crossfade between 2 audio files / streams.

It would be useful to be able to crossfade between 2 audio tracks or streams.

If Track A was playing, then the track finished (or user says, 'Alexa, next') and Track B was enqueued, an option should be available in the response to fade between the 2 tracks.

If Stream A is playing, and a user says 'Alexa, next' (or any other audio control), an option should be in the response to fade between Stream A and B.

This would enable greater quality soundscapes and immersion. It would be an excellent benefit to innovative experiences in voice formats.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio/Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to reset ISP's for Beta Testers.

When developing ISP's into a skill, currently only the developer can reset the isp so that they can (fake) buy the product again. For beta testers there should be a way for them to also reset the isp so that they can rebuy the product for testing.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide capability to add pre-recorded/non-voice custom sounds and configure Alexa to use them as utterances/prompts/components within skill

Configure Alexa to recognize custom/programmable non-speech/non-voice sounds such as notes, doorbells, etc. and use them as components (utterances, etc) within custom skills.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alexa App updates keep disabling copy and paste

Copying from a long-running bug thread on the forums, as it's not clear whether this is a bug or something that is being debated as a design choice among the team developing the app:

At some point, the div elements that contain the text for a card in the Alexa companion apps and on alexa.amazon.com started inheriting (from a parent) the css property "user-select: none". This is a problem because it makes it so it that a user isn't able to highlight and copy/paste text that was delivered in the card.

This is applicable to all card types (Weather, FlashBriefing,…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make SSML test tool available outside of developer console

Right now, in the test tab for a given skill in the developer console, there's an option to provide some SSML text and hear how Alexa would convert that to speech. This utility uses no contextual information about the skill itself, and there's really no reason at all that it needs to be stuck behind a login gate, other than for the purpose of possibly thwarting abuse of said functionality.

As a developer, I would like the ability to provide this same functionality to my users on a public website I run or to my collaborators in a private tool…

2 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add temperature unit switch (C, F)

I have a smart thermostat skill. Thermostat can be switched to Celsius or Fahrenheit to cater for thermostat users in different countries. To test skill using skill test simulator I need simulator entirely to be switched to C or F for all requests and responses, just same as behavior of Echo Dot when switched to C or F.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate local testing in ask-cli

Its very annoying, that you can not test your skill without deploying it. Especially because you have to change the lambda endpoint when updating your skill because otherwise your live lambda function will be overwritten.

It would be great to be able to test locally like 'ask-simulate' without deploying.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Version Control for interaction model schema

A great feature would be to revision control the interaction model schema and also tool too compare it with previous versions and show history. We work as a team and another great integration would be some sort of github or stash integration .

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model/Intents/Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alexa Smart Home: actual support for devices which are traditionally controlled by up/down or open/close switches

If you want to add the ability to, for example, control blinds in your smart home skill, the only option you have is the Alexa.PercentageController Interface.
    This leaves you with the option to control your blinds by saying something like: "Alexa, set blinds to sixty". This feels very unnatural in our opinion. Wouldn't it be much more convenient to control such devices by saying: "Alexa, open/close blinds"? An optional "Alexa, stop" utterance could then interrupt the process.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. alarm

I think we should be able to access alarms in skills, if we want to play custom .mp3 or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. JOIN Slot Type

I constantly come across the need for JOIN Slot Type: a Type that includes other Type(s) and some new values.

In my case, I have few thousands of VALUE in two Slot Types that should be included in several other Types as well; so, keep repeating these in my model json file is really annoying.

I think one solution would be simply a feature to define a Slot Type as a subset of another Type rather than repeating Values...

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support the SSML <lang xml:lang="fr-FR"> like Amazon Polly

Amazon Polly supports the <lang xml:lang="fr-FR"> tag but it seems Alexa can't understand it.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Selectable number of episodes played by Flash Skills

The developer console defaults to playing the last 5 installments of a Flash Briefing, unless we set the number separately in our RSS feed. This number should be configurable within Alexa, without requiring changes at the RSS level. (And the default for Daily briefings should be one, right?)

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base