Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

How can we improve Alexa Skill development services and tools?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

1 vote
    Sign in

Sign in with a provider below:

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sample Utterances

Most of us create a Sample Utterances file
    to copy and past. now you have to type each one in. Also you get Timed out, and have to do it all over again. please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model/Intents/Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Intent confirmation doesn't allow $

I have the following Intent Confirmation:

Ok, got it. Let me confirm. You want to pick up a car on {startDate} at the {pickupLocation} and return it on {endDate} for a daily rate of ${rentalRate} , right?

The slot type for rentalRate is number. In order to say the decimal value of rentalRate as "thirty-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents", I need to use the $ before it. There is no SSML say-as to make a decimal number into a currency.

The UI gives me the following error when I try to add the dollar sign: "You have invalid characters"

This…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Build model upon saving endpoint

Change behaviour when saving endpoint.
    When saving a new endpoint, e.g. to a new lambda version a green pop-up appears. This most likely represents success for most users. But the text says, that the skill has to be build before the change becomes effective. This might easily be forgotten. For example, before I submit a skill for certification I always publish a new version of my lambda endpoint. If I forget to build the skill after adding that endpoint to the skill it might point to $LATEST. That means changes to the lambda would affect the skill in certification or…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the dev console to allow lambda ARNs with aliases

For some reason I cannot specify a Lambda endpoint which has an alias qualifier at the end. For example, I want to have two aliases: TEST and PROD that point to different versions of the lambda function.

When I am trying to save the endpoint, it shows a "manifest error" message.

It worked fine before. My other skills that were created using the old developer portal UI still have their endpoint

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Developer SDK for Automatic Scrolling and Highlighted Text (Display Interface)

On Echo Spot or Echo Show, when there are multiple cards or items in a list, for example, Alexa keeps on going while the card stays at number one. When the user tries to slide, Alexa stops speaking.

Developers should be able to make the cards automatically move and be highlighted just like they are in the AllRecipes skill.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for GIF and Video as background for Display Interface and Templates

Developers should be able to use GIFs and Videos for the background of their Display Interfaces and Templates including for Echo Spot and Echo Show.

2 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. alphanumeric slot type

Create an AMAZON.ALPHANUMERIC slot type (although with a better, shorter name!) This would extend the current AMAZON.NUMBER slot type and hopefully improve the recognition model. Discussed in https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/4821/how-would-you-design-slots-for-letter-and-number-c.html

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. List invocation name requirements

Invocation Name requirements should list that you cannot use connecting words and list those words when selecting an invocation name.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alexa in Italy

When will Amazon Alexa be available in Italy?

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix slot value depending on Utterances

Hi,
    is there a way to set devault slot values?
    I work with money value slots and in german there is the problem with "one".
    We count one (1), two (2), three (3)...
    in german eins, zwei, drei ...
    but we don't say "eins Euro" we say "einen Euro" or "ein Euro". Same for one cent or size value.

I know I can fix it with a secound intent like:
    1. Intent
    {euro} Euro
    2. Intent
    ein Euro
    einen Euro

If there a better way to do it? something like fix slot values depending on the utterances?

greatings
    Marc

2 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow eliciting slots from previous intent

Currently, if a user has matched an intent, if using a dialog model, you can elicit a specific slot.

There are times when you want to continue to elicit that slot, for example if you are playing a game that requires the user and Alexa to go back and forth with responses with the user filling the same elicited slot each time.

However if the user says Help, or let's say you have another intent for asking the score or any other question, that moves to another intent, you cannot elicit that previous intent's slot anymore. For any skill, a…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model/Intents/Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show raw response from https server

I would like to be able to test my skill and see the actual raw response from my https server

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Intent Confirmation Does Not Support SSML and Question Mark

There is a bug in the new Console. I cannot include both SSML and a question mark because validation says: "You can only have a '?' at the end of a prompt" but for SSML you need to have the closing </speak> tag.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automated reports for analytics

Request for a new option.
    I need a way to automatically export reports from the "Measure Skills" page. Could you get this feature in there?

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. streamline identity flow for Authentication and account linking

Keeping the voice first spirit user's should be allowed to link there Alexa with a skill using just voice. We for example just need an email and name to create account in our system. If Amazon provides an api to send this on fly when user says "yes go ahead link" then we can create an account on the fly and return an accessToken

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Perform Account un-linking on behalf of your customers

Being able to proactively un-link your users when your access scopes change.

If for some reason you need to add a scope, you will have to tell your users to disable the skill and reconnect to allow access with the new scope in order to have access to your new features.

There should be a way to unlink all customers and force relogin for all existing customers so that they can re-login with the updated scopes

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base