Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Doorbell Sound" - Change via API

Is it possible to allow changing of the doorbell chime sound via an API call, this way customers would not need to open the Alexa app.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Doorbell Press" - Enable via API

Is it possible to enable the "doorbell press" option through the discovery / addupdate report or some other way?

A lot of customers forget to do this, so I was hoping to automate this or give them the option to change this via our website

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Routine to stop a skill

Currently in alexa, I am able to add a routine that plays a sleepsounds music every night 10pm. But now the issue is I am not able to stop the skill after 10 minutes.

This feature should be added so that I can stop any routine after certain time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add 'Request Desktop Site (Version)' option to Echo's Web Browser

Currently, many of the websites that I visit on Echo redirects me to a mobile version of the website, which basically tells me to download the app (ex. https://open.spotify.com/). I would love the option for the silk to request 'Desktop Version' of the site, so it won't be redirected to the 'get the app' website.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Hide Top Bar in Browser

The top bar in Echo's Silk browser does not always disappear when scrolling up. There are some website where that feature does not work (ex. https://play.pocketcasts.com/). Please, either fix the automatic scroll up bug or add a button to hide top bar in Echo's Silk Browser.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trigger\Call lambda from routine

Being able to call a lamda function from a routine would provide a high level of customization, and allow a person to trigger an action from an event. Currently you are forced to use only what is supported out of the box and cant build anything on top of that. Lamda calling would allow for that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the routine add the ability to make a preset call on Skype

It is difficult for an elder to say the whole phrase "alexa calls [name] on Skype". The routine would simplify the command with a custom phrase.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to disable and enable routines from a routine

Be able to enable and disable routines from a voice trigger routine. For example “we’re going on holiday’ could disable routines that are not required when we are away and enable other routines that are, such as routines that make it look like we are home. Or ‘it’s summer’ could enable routines for summer that for example don’t switch on heating and switch off the winter routines that do.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Person name is not taking properly

I want to make an alexa skill which takes two person names and test the love percentage. But what I came to see that alexa is not accurate when it comes to the person name. Is there a way that I can give the person name using spelling For example : I want to give 'Tejasai' as a slot but alexa is taking it as 'Tejas', Instead I want to give slot (or input) as
    'T' 'E' 'J' ' A ' 'S' 'A' 'I'

(spelling out each individual character) and it has to take the input as ' TEJASAI'.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Exception Intent to Alexa Skill Kit to allow developers handle unrecognized utterances

Please add a feature to allow developers/lambda function to handle unrecognized utterances.

It is frustrating to finetune a Fallback intent to catch all the unpredictable words/utterances that a user might say to allow me to handle it using a Lambda function. If no intent is selected by Alexa, Alexa will just re-prompt once and then do nothing and say nothing after the first re-prompt.

My goal is to allow Alexa to re-prompt twice and for the third time, it can exit the skill when a user says something unrelated. Therefore, it is important to be able to catch all "wrong"…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Vacation mode

I would like to be able to set scheduled vacations in the Alexa app. Especially for routines and Guard mode. When I leave home there is no way to turn off my routines that I don’t want to run when I’m away.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Alexa available in Bangladesh

Please make Alexa available in Bangladesh even if it is in English. A lot of people are unable to use their Amazon devices because Alexa isn't available in Bangladesh.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audio Player analytics

When using the audio player, there's a few things missing that would be useful to know. For example, did the audio playback fail or was it successful? How long did someone spend listening? Did they listen all the way through or quit at the beginning?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable to access current "offset in ms" from audio player at any time.

Hi,

it would be nice to be able to read the current position of the audioplayer at every time. With this feature it would be possible to program an interactive audio drama, where the user could switch between characters or to enable switching between different versions of the same audio-file (For example an alternative version for people with hearing-loss).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sync video between devices

Video sync with multiple echo show and fire tv. I watch Hulu today show in bathroom getting ready, then go to kitchen would like same video on fire tv in kitchen, set up video groups like music groups

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Routine conditions for weather

Allow conditions for scheduled routines. Example: Turn on Christmas Lights at sunset but only if chance of rain is zero percent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Alexa to playback a custom recording

Imagine if a parent was on business travel, and a child was able to say, "Alexa, say goodnight to Dad" and hear their Dad's voice respond with some custom audio. It would be a great way to always hear a loved one's voice. This could be applied to any number of things if you could access that skill in Routines.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Earcon Tag

Create an earcon tag for high-quality short-form assets (earcons) such as sonic logos, UX/UI sounds, mnemonics, and jingles. This <earcon> tag should differ from others in that it should support a higher sample rate/bit rate with a restricted length.

The <audio> tag can support up to 240 seconds, whereas the average <earcon> is only 1-5 seconds long. With a sample rate of 24 kHz and a bit rate of 48 kbps for a full 240 seconds, the size of the compressed audio file would be 1.44 MB. Conversely, with a 5 second <earcon> tag, 1.44 MB could theoretically allow for…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Custom Text and Branded Button to Account Linking Successfully Linked Page

Alexa Account Linking should allow the developer to add some text, a button (color and text), and URL to the "Successfully Linked" page so user's can continue to a settings page after linking accounts.

See image at: https://twitter.com/marktucker/status/1204883082894925824

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base