Skip to content

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

29 results found

1. I would like to let you know one error in below page.

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/workshops/build-an-engaging-skill/attributes-manager/step1.html

The following codes are missing from the full code description section at the bottom of the page:

//Let's now check if there's a current score. If not, initialize it.
    if (!sessionAttributes.hasOwnProperty('score'))
    sessionAttributes.score = 0;

There should be after this line.

sessionAttributes.current_celeb = null;

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on Contact Us form here (https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us).

Thank you!

2. I have been developing more skills and it is being engaged a lot globally by many users. However I am facing a lots of charge for use of Bandwidth. It was beyond 100 USD which is offered by AWS every month. Now I stopped deploying/Improving skills for the past two years due to this reason. As of now Only Alexa skills deployed in India can earn only from top engaging skills from English (India) Locale. However, it is to be noted that Indian products can be sold globally and why not these skills can't earned globally? Even we don't have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to make an alexa skill which takes two person names and test the love percentage. But what I came to see that alexa is not accurate when it comes to the person name. Is there a way that I can give the person name using spelling For example : I want to give 'Tejasai' as a slot but alexa is taking it as 'Tejas', Instead I want to give slot (or input) as
    'T' 'E' 'J' ' A ' 'S' 'A' 'I'

(spelling out each individual character) and it has to take the input as ' TEJASAI'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The certification process is to long

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I understand you are experiencing issues with your skill’s metrics. We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here(https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us).

Thank you!

5. Deleted skills from the Alexa Skills dashboard should stay deleted. It is frustrating and confusing when those skills re-appear after deleting them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to train the Alexa Developer console (currently having issues where it is taking "two" as "nooo")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi everyone Skill set in Italian must receive voice input of single characters not whole words. Whenever I try to say I, the variable is valued as if it were said E or like the pronunciation in English. I think this is a nice bug to solve
    thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Non-core bug  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am able to create a Web application and manage it using AWS Lambda function but is it possible to open existing web application and manage them?

For instance, If Alexa says open any existing application(For instance :Login page of my application),It should open the application in a browser by itself. Based on details from Alexa voice input, it should enter the username and password automatically. Can some one please confirm if this is possible and if yes kindly guide me on the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Non-core bug  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Hello,

I understand you have a question about managing web applications through AWS Lambda. We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here (developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us).

Thank you!

9. Add the ability to download the code in one easy zip file, or provide some basic version control, so this https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/202617/alexa-hosted-skills-undo-commands.html doesn't happen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Non-core bug  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,
    there is a missing color attribute at AlexaHeader and AlexaFooter.
    I switched the theme from dark to light and the font color of AlexaHeader and AlexaFooter haven't changed. The color is still white.
    Did i miss something or isn't that working correct?
    Please add color support or reverse color at theme switch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Non-core bug  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Hello,

We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here (developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us).

Thank you!

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My question is related with India store of Alexa . In India river name, city name, mountain name could be pronounced differently per region in India and Alexa would recognize it differently. For example, ganga could be gangaa, gangga, ganges and many more. I tried entity resolution approach, however practically it’s not feasible to identify all possible combinations of spellings in advance to add as synonym in custom value. How can it be achieved ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here (https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us).

Thank you!

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just today I noticed a bug in the Alexa Simulator. I test my skill, it works for the first time, however, it doesn't work (launches, but fails in intent calling) the second time unless I upload the same lambda function code again and save. Anyone else having the same problem? And any idea about the fix?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here(https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us).

Thank you!

15. Hello, the new interface for Alexa skill is not as good as before, because
    1. The session expired too soon, when user was just starting to fill the Utterance, it took time as user need to fill one by one ( before we can just fill it without pressing adding one. (When session expire, every utterances that I just keyed in went nothing!!! If Amazon wants to keep this UI, please adding the longer session expiression time!
    2. Amazon has to choose if you really want to have developer interface or user interface especially this is called developer tool. However,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. bug.
    for my skill which is published for US, UK, and CA, the Analytics view lists the option for U.S. twice, and no option for C.A. One of the two U.S. options returns no data. The other works as expected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sample Utterances text box on mobile is bugged.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Hello,

I understand you are experiencing issues with your skill’s metrics. We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (https://amazon.developer.forums.answerhub.com/spaces/23/index.html) or Contact Us form here (https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us).

Thank you!
  18. Hi,

Your dropdown for selecting months in the Earnings tab is not displaying all months depending on the number of rows in the table below it. I, for instance, can only select up to June.

Cheers,
    Lennert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The documentation the the customer contact API says to use the following end points "/v2/accounts/~current/settings/Profile.name". A follow up note says: "~current" represents the userId of the current user (account that invoked your skill).

I read that and assume I need to replace "~current" with the userID... which isn't the case (after 2 days of off/on testing).

Additional detail here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/179334/how-do-you-request-user-contact-information.html?childToView=180317#answer-180317

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When testing a Skill I recived this messsage "Claro, pero primero debes pedirle a uno de tus padres que abra la app Alexa de su teléfono y active las Skills infantiles." Since I am in spain there is no alexa app available on the marketplace, and the link to manage it on amazon website seem to work only in amazon.com
    Any ideas how should I debug my skill in spain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?