Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mittor show to tv

Mittor show to a tv

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem with the test simulator

Hi, is there a known problem when testing? I never get a response back, just the little grey speech bubble in the left-side panel that has the three little blue circles indicating some ongoing action. the panels on the right are empty. I type in the text field, or I use the mike, no difference. Yes, this is one of my skills, and yes, it says "Test is enabled for this skill" in the top-left part of the screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. test5

test5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. French Language

French language not available in Language Settings

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sharing Alexa stats dashboard w/ other users

Is there a way to share access to the Alexa stats dashboard with other users?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Request for a sprinkler interface.

Some useful directive could be:
    - Start/stop sprinkler optionally specifying the zone and duration.
    - Delay watering for x days (for example when it rains)
    - Switch between different watering programs. (For example for Summer/winter, etc.)
    - Support questions such as “when is the next watering time?”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problem with beta tester

alexa launch intent not working using "Alexa open <Skill name>"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. rename skill

need to be able to rename the skill

need next navigation after creating each part of the interaction model: save and then use left nav list isn't as intuitive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! For clarification, are you looking for a way to do automated renaming of skills going forward, or do you need assistance with renaming a specific skill that you’re working on?

We also like your idea for the next navigation on the individual parts of the interaction model. Would it be possible to submit just that separate part into UserVoice as a separate suggestion?

Thanks!

9. Adding beta tester to test tab

How to add beta testers to this skill?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New ASK Developer Console Test Function does not work

Whilst testing my skill on the new simulator the skill consistently does not work as expected. I went back to the old simulator which was stable and returned the correct response.

I know this new console is due to go live early March so would appreciate anything you can do to fix the testing functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Hi John,

I understand you’re seeing some issues where the new skill simulator is not working as expected. In order to get this routed to the correct team, can you elaborate a bit further on what expected results you’re looking for and what you’re seeing on your end?

Thank you!

11. "Launch" tab harbors an inexplicable deep-seated hatred for my invocation name

In the new developer console's "Launch" tab, the UI validation seems to think that my first sample utterance isn't acceptable. It's a direct copy-and-paste of the utterance I had previously for 4 other locales, as the only change i'm making is to make my skill available for en-CA by copying en-US.

I've grabbed a screenshot of the validation error: https://imgur.com/qvC5F6f

My invocation is exactly what is displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Decouple the model build process from Skill certification

I am able to dynamically update a model at app runtime with Google via Dialogflow API calls. This allows me to add custom slot type values at app runtime which is incredibly powerful. This isn't possible with Alexa because to make any change to the model you have to go through the cert process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Speed model build time

Google Dialogflow builds in seconds, Alexa skills take minutes to build. I am able to dynamically update a model at app runtime with Google, this isn't possible with Alexa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base