Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  18 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow access skills from another region/language

More than 1 million Bulgarian immigrants scattered across the globe are struggling to preserve their cultural identity/heritage and to pass it over to their children. There are Alexa skills (like "Bulgarian library" skill) which could help them teach BG-language to their children however currently Amazon does not allow access to this skill from anywhere except US,UK,CA,AU. Most of the world (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc) has no access to it. So, in this case splitting the globe into regions makes no sense whatsoever.

Would be greatly appreciated by thousands of people IF Amazon allows access to skills which are outside…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. phone to alexa

it would be interesting to have the possibility to activate a skill by pressing a button from an app or by pressing a link on a website.

Here is an example scenario.

The skil "Magnitudine Assoluta" (amzn1.ask.skill.27a6febc-be8c-46ad-94a8-3211d12d87ad) satisfies the user's requests by searching on the website www.magnitudine-assoluta.it the topics desired by the user.

But if the user is comfortably lying on the sofa with the phone in his hand and is browsing the site, he could find an article, understand that he is interested and press a link "Listen with Alexa", which somehow activates an intent of the skill on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pause reminders until tomorrow

“Alexa Pause reminders until tomorrow”
    If you have a reminder to take pills that keeps reminding you until you take them, then you can say Alexa Pause the reminder until tomorrow. That would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple start times in a routine

Having a single routine for example turn light on, but then have the ability in that routine to set multiple on and off times.

So instead of having 3 or for routines to turn a light on, you have 1 routine with multiple times

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Hyperlink in Descriptions

I write the URL of "Share Routine" in the description field.
    And You can share "Routine" by clicking on the hyperlink.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mandarin support

It's very important it can support Mandarin, even it's not launched in China. There's a very large population of Chinese people around the globe, and they have the needs to play Chinese music (so Alexa need to understand the Chinese song names), communicate in Chinese through announcement, also old people who can't speak English would be able to use it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a counter for tracking sobriety and dates like that.

Is it possible for you to create a counter for tracking sobriety dates or when you quit smoking?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AMAZON.TrashCollectionAlert.Activated with custom garbage types

It would be very helpful if we could define our own garbage types (with translation)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Alexa app users to reorder/rearrange items in their lists

Not being able to order items in a shopping list makes it a painful experience to use the list while out shopping.

You continually have to scroll up and down your list to check whether the aisle you're in at the supermarket is one that contains something on your list.

Or sometimes you have a large shopping list, but only need to grab a few things - but without being able to move these higher priority items to the top of the list there's not way to indicate this.

Giving users the ability to reorder their list items would improve…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Revoke notification

Once a notification has been delivered to the user's Alexa device, there should be an option to revoke it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manually set preference for specific phrases

When I say "alexa turn up the volume" I want it to ALWAYS turn up the TV volume. Instead, sometimes it turns up the TV volume and sometimes it turns up the volume on my echo, seemingly randomly. Let me set the preference for phrases manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Speak battery level of tablet/smartphone devices for the sight impaired

A very simple command such as "Alexa, battery" to report battery level. Would be very helpful to those who are sight-impaired and use tablets for audiobook play.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple smart home control to support family that is bad with technology

My father is approaching 80 and lives far from me. We have set up some smart devices to help him be more comfortable, such as routines. Unfortunately, he isn't very tech savvy so it it tough to change routines or help when he runs into a problem. It would be very helpful if he could give me permission and I could access his smart home network to fix things remotely (like changing routines). I wouldn't need access to his Amazon account, but rather would want to access his "Amazon Alexa" app for his home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for Smart Home Hobbyist developers

There is a large community of users of e.g. Node Red and such systems as Home Assistant who benefit dramatically for something between the simplistic Blueprints and the large scsle complexity of skill development. These people are an open source community, not interested in monetisation. Using an AWS server is expensive, and alternatives involve risky port opening, and a home server available to all.
    It would be great to have a category of private skill, for running on a home server, just for that individual's home and family, which could be shared on e.g. github and improved that way. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add support to stream audio from SSL on ports other than 443

Can support be added to the AudioPlayer interface to allow streaming over SSL on ports other than 443? Currently streaming is limited to ONLY port 443 (the standard SSL port), but there should be no reason that other ports cannot also be supported.

This limitation makes it so that services hosted from behind a firewall can no longer use that port (even when port forwarding in employed).

In my case, I am hosting a streaming media server from behind my firewall, however I would like to have a secure website which I also host from the same IP address. My…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Control RGB lighting based on thermostat/room temperature

Be able to control the colour of rgb lighting dependent on thermostat temperature or room temperature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Link echo device notification to login on a household account

Each login that belongs to a Household Account should be able to only have communications, such as alerts of delivery come to the device registered to a particular login.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Alexa skill for HTTP custom commands

It would be useful to have a skill in which to define voice activation commands and the relative URLs to call.
    For example, if I say "Alexa, do this thing" a custom HTTP call is made (eg http://192.168.1.46/roller/0?go=Stop)
    This way there is the possibility of piloting any device that supports HTTP calls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Birthday reminders in a routine

I wonder if it would be possible to program a routine that would announce calendar events like birthdays or anniversaries as part of a wake-up program and ask the "recipient" if they want to call the person later that day. And if the "recipient" says yes, then Alexa will both say, "OK I will remind you to call [birthday person] later today" and then make the reminder. But if the person says no or remains silent the routine can progress normally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base