Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Vietnamese language

Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

132 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  24 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

148 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  57 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Dutch Language

Please add Dutch language support for Alexa and make it available in The Netherlands.

You can contact me if there is a beta program or if I can help with voice recognition.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  7 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add 1 - 59 Second delay timer in routines

At the moment the minimum delay timer is 1 minute it would be really helpful to have 1 - 59 Second delay timer in routines too

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to change 'Developer name or company name'

I'd like the ability to change 'Developer name or company name' under my Amazon Developer Company Profile. In the Amazon Developer portal today, this isn't possible. I know that I can write a support ticket to do this, but a permanent solution where developers can make these updates themselves would be better.

92 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  11 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As a skill developer I want to switch between different apl versions on my own device

As a skill developer, I have no way to reproduce a problem of an older APL version on my own device. I want to be able to choose which APL Runtime my device runs with to fix problems or to ensure better backward compatibility.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need more proactive notification event scheme types.

We need more proactive notification event scheme types. The current set is very limited. We want to inform a user of utility company disruption (eg a gas leak or water leak) in their postcode area.

Why not have a generic event that just takes a message string??

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Written commands in routines

Add ability to add a written command to a routine that would act as if the user spoke a voice command.

E.g.
    Routine scheduled at 7:00 AM:
    - turn on Light
    - tell you something new
    (New): - perform “Alexa, what is the weather in Boston?”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, open Headspace”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, connect bluetooth”

This would enable skills in routines while leveraging the existing abilities of the Echo, just by allowing written commands to be interpreted as voice commands on a schedule. This should be fairly simple to implement with what it is already is capable…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. alexa.amazon.com media controls for Amazon device

When using Alexa device to play, for example Spotify, the media controls (pause/play/next/volume) appear on the alexa.amazon.com web site. This happens with a small number of Skills (e.g. Spotify, Amazon Music and TuneIn).
    How about opening this up to all media-playing skills?

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Configuration for the REDIRECT_URI to NOT be passed as part of the URL parameters from Alexa Skill linking

Have a configuration for the REDIRECT_URI to NOT be passed as part of the URL parameters from Alexa Skill linking. Since we know the possible URIs to redirect to, we would keep these URIs in our app configuration to use when sending back instead of getting the URI as a parameter attribute.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Retrieve the PowerState info through the voice

Currently, on Smart Home Skills it is not possible to retrieve the PowerState info through the voice; the only information I noticed that can be retrieved seems to be the status for smart locks and the temperature/setpoint for thermostats...
    The power state probably represents one of the most used interfaces for smart devices, and its status retrieval would be very useful for the user: in my opinion it's very limiting to interact by using the voice with a device without knowing if it is powered on or off.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Phonic Recognition

This feature request comes off the back of https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/200304/phonic-recognition.html

The most recognised and adopted method of teaching kids and grownups to learn english is by using phonics.

Could Alexa also recognise phonics as well as words? This would allow a whole new type of interactive skill that could teach children to read by getting them to practice phonics.

Reference from the UK government for teaching kids to read with sounds:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/190599/Letters_and_Sounds_-_DFES-00281-2007.pdf

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Trigger other routines in a routine

I would like to be able to chain routines. One beneficial use of this is to create a "base" routine which performs some actions, and which would be the first step in other routines.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to copy a routine

I have some routines which I would like to use again, but with small changes. So, I should be able to copy/clone an existing routine, to make the process easier.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customize wake word

Allow user to customize wake word of their own choosing or at least expand choices greatly.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable custom slot validation for multi-turn dialogs when using manual delegation to provide a default.

The use case is described in the docs here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/delegate-dialog-to-alexa.html#default-value-example

The exception being that I'm using a custom slot with validation (entity resolution). If I send a response back with Dialog.Delegate and include the entity resolution in that response, it's ignored by the Alexa service.

A more complete description of the issue with example code can be found here: https://github.com/alexa/alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python/issues/85

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Document at least, and please work at least slowly on IDN

For SmartHome-Skills & German language, there has IMHO been no progress within the last 6 months. Undocumented non-support for certain languages e.g. for scheduling with ThermostatController is a No-Go. My preferred shortlist for german language support expansion: 1) Scheduling, 2) Sensors (Liters, Watt, kWh, mm etc.) to query all kind of numbers.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow skill to anticipate/disallow specific intents during conversation

I would like my skill to be able to listen for specific responses, i.e. make Alexa bias towards utterances of one or multiple intents that I specify in the skill's response, for the next user input.

For example, let's say my skill has a CityIntent which has utterances:

- I live in {city}
    - It is {city}
    - {city}

And my skill has another MovieIntent which has utterances:

- I like {movieType}
    - I prefer {movieType}
    - {movieType}

And at certain times my skill may also expect {yes/no} answer from user.

Since {city} and {movieType} have different value, Alexa usually…

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Simulator should allow simulation of multimodal skills on voice-only devices.

The simulator only offers display-based devices to simulate, meaning that multimodal skills that behave differently for display vs non-display devices can't be tested. The "Device Display" menu should have an option for "No display".

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base