Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update Alexa Skill state from external, non-voice sources, especially w.r.t. Echo Show

My smarthome product reacts to Alexa commands. But sometimes I want the device to tell Alexa about its state. Let's say my product has a volume slider... I want to tell Alexa when that slider is used and have my skill update the volume indicator on screen (echo show).

You can imagine this might also apply to stock tickers or weather updates or any outside information that might change between utterances.

If I recall correctly, this kind of thing is available in "smart home" skills, but that archetype was too restrictive for my purposes. My skill is just a normal…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make better guesses when AMAZON.musician and AMAZON.musicalRecording are in the same intent

Right now AMAZON.musician and AMAZON.musicalRecording are chosen independently when the context of the two together could be used to make better guesses.

Yesterday, my skill heard "Wonderful Night" by "Eric Clapton" and caused an error. There's no reason Alexa shouldn't be able to assume that I meant "Wonderful TOnight", a song by Eric Clapton.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ”Hey Alexa”

I have a stutter, and find it hard to say any of the wake words easy. Could an option be added for users to say “Hey Alexa” rather than just “Alexa”

Whenever I say Hey Alexa, it doesn’t seem to recognise it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to add routines to alexa programmatically.

I am currently trying to add a workaround to send voice commands to my TV set top box via their api. I need to add an alexa routing for each channel which means lots of routines being added. Some form of upload for my alexa account in which I can add routines with YAML or JSON or something like that would be ideal.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add 1 - 59 Second delay timer in routines

At the moment the minimum delay timer is 1 minute it would be really helpful to have 1 - 59 Second delay timer in routines too

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  10 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. interactive movie

I have a genius idea!!!
    I think they need to come out with a scary movie that is interactive with Alexa. So during the movie Alexa starts making sounds or playing music or turning lights on and off.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable change logs for Alexa ASK console and CLI

Access Logs and Change history are needed to effectively monitor the changes done by various users in ASK developer console and ASK CLI. In the absence of the access logs and change history, large organizations with multiple ASK users have no way to track changes to Alexa skill in production. If the administrator of the Alexa account has the ability to view change logs, it will give the ability to effectively monitor user changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enhancements to ASK developer console and CLI/SMAPI User Roles

The current permissions for various roles in ASK developer console and CLI/SMAPI are very broad. Large organizations need more control over roles to effectively manage Enterprise level skills. This feature request is to give organizations the ability to configure granular level access based on the roles as shown below.

Description Administrator Marketer Developer Analyst
    Create Skill Yes No No No
    Delete Skill Yes No No No
    Creating a new
    Intent Yes No Yes No
    Deleting Intents Yes No Yes No
    Modify Existing
    intents Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Updating
    distribution detailsYes Yes Yes No
    Skill Submission/Publishing/Hide/
    Remove the skill Yes No…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable "Alexa for Apps" from Echo devices

"Alexa for Apps" is fantastic; but the vast majority of users don't own compatible mobile devices. They own some variant of the Amazon Echo in most cases.

Please enable "Alexa for Apps" from all of the Amazon Echo models too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to change 'Developer name or company name'

I'd like the ability to change 'Developer name or company name' under my Amazon Developer Company Profile. In the Amazon Developer portal today, this isn't possible. I know that I can write a support ticket to do this, but a permanent solution where developers can make these updates themselves would be better.

159 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  24 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We need more proactive notification event scheme types.

We need more proactive notification event scheme types. The current set is very limited. We want to inform a user of utility company disruption (eg a gas leak or water leak) in their postcode area.

Why not have a generic event that just takes a message string??

66 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  9 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Configure relative mix volumes for multi-room music

Problem:

When two or more echos are joined into a multi-room music setting the volume affects all devices. But I prefer to set the bedroom device to be 2, the kitchen to be 5, and the one connected to the stereo via the cable to be 10. When music is playing on this multi-room group and the volume is changed, all devices receive the same volume, e.g. volume 5, which disrupts the relative devices volume levels I prefer. The bedroom is way too loud, the stereo too quiet, and overall is frustrating.

Proposed solution:

Create a relative mix volume associated…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let Video Player support WebRTC

Currently, WebRTC is only available for smart home skills. A custom skill could only use Video Player to play videos using protocols like HLS.
    It would be nice for Video Player to support WebRTC, which could greatly decrease the latency caused by HLS.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Decrease false triggers

have Alexa respond to “hey Alexa” (or hey Echo, or hey Amazon, or hey computer) like other AI assistants so Alexa won’t false-activate every time she hears her name or something like it in conversation or on the radio or on TV?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send ceritifcation status emails to the Developers on an account

Currently, only the company email can receive an email regarding the status of a skill submission.

From Alexa team: "Certification feedback and/or status is only sent to your account's company email address."

But as a developer working at a third party company, it would be nice to have visibility on the submission results of a skill, since we are the ones submitting. Can we have a setting so that developers also receive status emails? Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add labels to alarms

Allow alarms to have a label.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have an easy way to retrieve user comments and grading of the skill for each available country

Have an easier way to retrieve all user comments and grading for each store / country where the skill is available to. As of today I need to check each store individually to gather all the feedback for each county and each of my skills and it is very time consuming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Repeat on school nights

There should be an option to either pick multiple days of the week or pick school nights for repeating routines and reminders. Those are different on school nights (Sunday - Thursday) than Friday - Saturday. It's a pain getting everything turned off and on for school breaks much less have everything mysteriously vanish as happened recently.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Konkani & Tulu language support

Konkani language is spoken in only specific regions of India. The challenges with these languages are these languages do not have written communication. These are one of the most ancient languages. Digitization of the such a language will preserve these languages in virtual world. Please reach out to me if you need further clarification. I am greatly passionate about this and willing to contribute my time as well. Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base