Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monthly schedule

Allow routines to operate in longer schedules and not just days of week. For example, do something every month (e.g. discharge emergency lights to make their batteries live longer)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Golang ASK SDK (Custom + Smart Home)

I have been developing Smart Home Skills in Golang and would like to move into a hybrid model (Custom + Smart Home).
    I realized that the SDKs for the various features in the Custom Alexa Skills are available in Java, Python, and Javascript.

Considering the skills are triggered through Lambda functions and Golang is a supported platform, could you let me know if a Go SDK might be on your roadmap? It will help to decide the course of further development.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. barometric pressure

Would love to be able to ask Alexa what the barometric pressure is outside. My dad has breathing problems and thinks his bad days are linked to the BP outside, but when you try to ask her, she just gives the outside temp and weather forecast.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video Call on Phone: On screen display timeout

When I use alexa app on my iphone and during a video call, if I have to move to another screen and come back to the Alexa video call, from that point of time, the screen times off and I have to touch the display to bring it on again. Can we ensure that during the video call, there is no time out and the display stays on until the video call is finished irrespective of if we moved away from the screen for a while or not?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show installed skill icons on echo show home screen like a tablet or phone does

Lots of wasted space. Help out skill developers by providing a visual reminder of what skills they've used in the past.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the volume of all devices

Change the volume of all devices, so you can change the volume of all devices at the same time not only a single device. For example if you wrote a routine called “night time” you could set all devices to a lower preset volume so as not to be so loud. Alternatively in the morning you could say “morning and all devices volume could be increased to a preset volume. And so on

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add headless device option to simulator

RIght now, the simulator always sends a response for an APL device with a display. Since we have to also support devices without displays (headless devices), it would be good to also have an option for simulating the response of a headless device like the very common Echo/Echo Dot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Start a timer (with no time set, just starts counting up)

Typically, you ask Alexa to start a down count timer.
    Often it would be useful to just start an upcount timer.
    You could differentiate between "Start a timer" and the regular "Set a X min timer" by noticing that there was no time given. And the phrase must be "Start a timer"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. serial number & Password

As an option to existing contacts lists etc, Alexa (especially Echo Show) be set up for an "access password"
    This is separate to user password. Any user with both serial number and access password can vieo call to device (i.e. echo show). This would mean that families can exchange Serial Numbers and Access Passwords and instantly videocall the devices which have exchanged serial numbers and passwords. User can change Password at any time tto kill all existing permissions witth Access Password.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Commands white/ black list

I would love to have a feature to block or ignore all commands which were not allowed before.

This would make it so much easier to only use it for what you need like „volume up/down“, „lights on“... and all other stuff is just gone.

No more strange interactions with Alexa when she understands something i haven‘t said at all!

How?

Give us a whitelist/blacklist function or multiple choice select/deselect option.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Web API for Games Support for NOT Games

Currently, Web API for Games support requires that the skill be a Game.
    I would like to use the Web API functionality for visuals for NOT games. For example, voice controlled charts and maps. So, if I have a Skill showing the location of the nearest hardware store and the user says, Not that One, I want the map to move, and Web API is a great way to do that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Handling of multiple Spotify accounts

Currently voice controls only make use of the spotify account linked to the main user. even if multiple amazon accounts are used on the echos with separate spotify accounts linked to them - if a different Amazon account is active, „play spotify“ results in the use of the main users spotify account.

Please activate, that the used spotify account is based on the active amazon account.

Ideal would be of course if voice recognition would automatically select the right spotify account, without the need to say „change account“ upfront.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow monetisation in India location.

Trying to create skill to sell physical products using alexa skills in India. Adding Amazon pay option would be a great addition to user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rest API that can send an alexa announcement

Rest API that can send an alexa announcement based on the event like lights turn on or webcam detection. This can be called from lambda. Definitely a key feature that alexa is alerting everyone or n the room that other room or area has a movement. Great feature and will add value.

let me know if this is already exist in some way or simpler way

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow a skill to be triggered by outside temperature.

I wish to have an activity (state of my pool pump) to be changed based on current air temperature outside. (as in "ON" when below freezing)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. temperature alarm

The ability for Alexa to use outside temperature as an alarm trigger. "Alexa notify me if the outside temperature is under 72 degrees." A better implementation for Alexa's with a skill like Weather Bug would be "Alexa notify me if the outdoor temperature is [over/under] the indoor temperature." and the perfect implementation would be a standing command to notify me whenever the indoor & outdoor temps transition past each other.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Alexa Conversations support for English (CA)

Please add support for English (CA) locale for Alexa Conversations.
    I just developed a custom skill using Alexa Conversations here in Canada and I can't even download it onto devices here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use dynamic entities with slot elicitation in order to refine choice

I'd like to set a dynamic entity with specific answers, and then prompt for the slot with that type. This isn't possible because of this error:"No other directives are allowed to be specified with a Dialog directive. The following Directives were returned: [Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities]"

The use case is refining the customer's choice where lots of the choices have similar values. The dynamic entity is being used to distinguish between them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base