Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allows text align on list templates

Allow for text to be top aligned in list templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voice & Tone without interaction model

Should be able to test "Voice & Tone" without having interaction model properly built.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. card

I would like to format the card so that the picture of the item can occupy the big area in the card. I really appreciate if the alexa service lets us allow use style language like css3 to layout the contents on the home card.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One button to get skill summary since the day of publishing.

There should be a button to get the summary of skill since the first day of publishing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tool to Generating Requests

For testing backends, it would be nice to create a utility that can generate Alexa requests. I envision it having the form:

{slot:literal}

for instance,
    open the {room:kitchen}{device:light}

and based on the language model, the tool would generate the appropriate JSON request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ask-cli: ask init doesn't work with Opera browser

Right now, the account linking portion (using --no-browser) does not work in the Opera browser.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support canceling a "build model" action that's in progress

Add a cancel button for the "Build Model" action

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Developer console: display all option

The ADC now loads only in chunks of ~20 skills. I have 300 skills, and each has two versions. I need to scroll and scroll to see the entire list, which important when I need to see the parent/child relationship between the prod + dev versions.

Can you offer a display-all direct link?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG REPORT: No SSML sound on Safari (MacOS)

BUG REPORT: I can not seem to get the SSML examples to produce sound on Safari (MacOS). While on the "Test" function, I hear all the Alexa responses but if I go to "Voice & Tone" and press play, there's no sound at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enhance the dashboard

Please provide the stat about public comments, rating, post and county wise enabling data in map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for Old Console Style Intents and Utterances

Allow for the creation and pasting of intent schema and sample utterance in the style of the old console. Provide a box to write sample utterances and intent schema into in the old style.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. multilingual UI

Hi,
    while alexa skill development ,i found that create skill in multilingual quite complicated.
    so make it simple UI if possiable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: Disabled buttons in New Console are still Clickable

Click to View a skill that has a status of "Live." Buttons such as Save Model, Build Model, Save Interfaces, Save Endpoints appear disabled, but when you click on one, they still trigger an event.

Responses include:

Save Failed
    Provided eTag does not match with the resource's current eTag. Please apply your changes on the latest version of the resource. Error code: InvalidEtag - Tuesday, Apr 3, 2018, 3:48 PM

Interaction Model Saved Successfully
    The interaction model has been saved without errors. The Model must be successfully built for changes to take effect. - Tuesday, Apr 3, 2018, 3:49 PM

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. API call for Altering Custom Slot Type Values at Runtime

I am new to Alexa development. I realised that some of my custom type values can alter at runtime. As opposed to doing more NLP processing in the backend, perhaps there should be an API call to allow custom slot type values to be altered on the fly?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View JSON event in testing console

In testing where can I view the request and intent being sent? In the previous console sending text would also show the JSON that was sent to alexa. I need this request for debugging.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One Flash Briefing skill should be available in all marketplace

Recently we have published a Flash Briefing skill for our company but it is only available on 1 marketplace which is associated to my ID. I think there should be a feature that allow Flash Briefing skill to publish in all market places this will make management of content easy for the admin as the content will be same for all the marketplace.

Also if the content is different for each market place then either user can create separate skill for each market or may be you can add a feature in skill creation step when developer can give separate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Endpoints per intent

It would be VERY helpful if each intent within a skill can have its own endpoint.
    If you have a company that wants several intents under the one skill, but each intent is really quite seperate functionality, you want to be able to call a different endpoint for each intent so that you can have some sanity over your code organisation.
    Either an web hook per intent, or a lambda per intent.
    Currently you have to but a stack of unrelated code (different intents) into the same lambda.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pass original date spoken in request

In Dialogflow, you can get the original text spoken for an entity/slot. So for a date, the user can say "this week" and Dialogflow passes the date and the string "this week". This is useful when you are showing a message such as "Sorry, no parcel will be collected this week". Can you update the request to pass the original text in Resolution - Authorities - Values

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sample Utterances

Most of us create a Sample Utterances file
    to copy and past. now you have to type each one in. Also you get Timed out, and have to do it all over again. please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Interface Descriptions

In order for Echo Show to play videos the Skill needs both the Video Interface and the Display Interface enabled.

It is not explained in the documentation that the Display Interface needs to be enabled for a skill to play a video.

This issue caused a large amount of wasted development time. Please consider changing the Interface descriptions and/or documentation to reflect this.

Thank you,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base