Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add headless device option to simulator

RIght now, the simulator always sends a response for an APL device with a display. Since we have to also support devices without displays (headless devices), it would be good to also have an option for simulating the response of a headless device like the very common Echo/Echo Dot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support APLA documents & directives for reprompts

The new APLA Documents are great for providing rich audio responses at runtime to users.

However, we are still stuck using the reprompt object in responses, and this can only contain PlainText or SSML.

For a user who has just experienced an immersive experience but then hears a low-quality reprompt (especially when the audio element is used), this could seem disjoint.

It would be great if we could use APLA documents in multimodal reprompts too :)

Cheers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time and temperature

Can you add a “time and temperature” feature to Flash Briefing and News scripts?
    Just a short 5 second or so item that can be added to flash briefing and news scripts that tells current local time and current local temperature Perhaps have an option that just tells the local time.. OR both time and temp. Email me, I’ll tell you more about what I have in mind.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Request to add custom alert support in Alexa proactive event

Example notification:
    There is a XXXX alert for your YYYY.
    This XXXX can be of YYYY can be of replaced by anything.
    Ex: There is a "low balance" alert for your "test account".

Thank you very much in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display yellow bar when package is delivered

I had an echo in the living room which instantly displayed a yellow ring when a package was delivered. My next glance at it told me I needed to get the package off my porch before the porch pirates got it. I upgraded to an echo show 8. It will display a message that I might see when I glance over there an hour or longer after the package is delivered. Like the echo I need a yellow bar on screen so no matter what trivial stuff the echo show is rotating through on the screen, I will instantly know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 24h clock setting instead of am/pm

This is a must have setting v a like to have. When setting appointments in calendar it sets time to wrong period if working with European clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Web API for Games Support for NOT Games

Currently, Web API for Games support requires that the skill be a Game.
    I would like to use the Web API functionality for visuals for NOT games. For example, voice controlled charts and maps. So, if I have a Skill showing the location of the nearest hardware store and the user says, Not that One, I want the map to move, and Web API is a great way to do that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rest API that can send an alexa announcement

Rest API that can send an alexa announcement based on the event like lights turn on or webcam detection. This can be called from lambda. Definitely a key feature that alexa is alerting everyone or n the room that other room or area has a movement. Great feature and will add value.

let me know if this is already exist in some way or simpler way

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Handling of multiple Spotify accounts

Currently voice controls only make use of the spotify account linked to the main user. even if multiple amazon accounts are used on the echos with separate spotify accounts linked to them - if a different Amazon account is active, „play spotify“ results in the use of the main users spotify account.

Please activate, that the used spotify account is based on the active amazon account.

Ideal would be of course if voice recognition would automatically select the right spotify account, without the need to say „change account“ upfront.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include single letters for multiple-choice questions in AMAZON.SelectItem

Use-case example:

Alexa: "Here is a multiple-choice question for you. {question} Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D."

User: "A"

Alexa:"Answer A {answertext} is correct. Good job!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Temperature Routine Trigger

It would be great if you could trigger a routine based on outdoor temperature since Alexa is already able to fetch local outdoor weather information.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alternate routine day choices

Currently, if you want to set a routine on Alexa, it can only be Everyday, Weekdays, Weekends, or one particular day. If I want to set a routine for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I would have to set up 3 different routines. Could you please add the option to choose alternate days, or even any choice of days(Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri) instead of only being able to choose one day and return to the beginning to add more routines? Thank you in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "Connect" Command to Routines

Add functionality to connect echo to bluetooth devices. Voice command "Connect" needs to be available for routine execution. Please consider Germany with translated command "Verbinde"

Currently the Echo is not automatically reconnecting on every Bluetooth device. The voice command is solving this but does not provide the user experience I expect. If I turn off external speaker for energy saving reasons at night, I cannot automatically play on the external device next morning as this is not connected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for much longer audio responses in APL for Audio

The current limit is 4 minutes. Our app plays backing tracks for guitarists and this is way too short. Please increase to at least 20 mins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. mirror echo show screen to tv

would love to see the Screensaver/ echo show congregation displayed on my large TV so I can easily see my reminders calendar event.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Routine Trigger > Alarm > When Alarm is set & Reference the alarm's time

This would be amazing and work so well with many people's routines from all I hear from the community, youtube, family and friends.

Lately "when alarm is dismissed" was added as a routine's trigger. Please consider adding "when alarm is set" and combine it with referencing the alarm time.

E.g. Trigger: "When alarm is set" > Action: "Turn on light" 30 minutes before alarm rings.

This can not be achieved with "schedule" since alarms can be set at different times.

Its pretty much 2 feature requests, I know, but it would increase any alarm based routine by aaa lot :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pass PIN to backend LockController interface

I have somo lock systems that need to pass a PIN to backend, can this feature be added to LockController interface?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stream music from local NAS or DLNA as a default streaming option

Allow you to set a local device on your network (eg a NAS or a DLNA server) as a default music streaming device for Alexa. So when you ask it to "Alexa, play Green Day" it will play it from your local music library. This will be well-received by the great many Alexa users who have large CD libraries and would prefer to use those instead of a subscription service like Apple Music.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use the echo show 8 camera as a motion detection device for the ring alarm system

Use the echo show eight camera as a motion detection device which would integrate into the Ring Alarm system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow household memberes to use all the smart home devices

It would be very useful, if my boyfriend and I (our amazon accounts are linked as one household) could manage our smart home devices (lamps, room groups, heating system) both in our apps. Now whe have to decide in which account we set up a device. For example: My boyfriend has set up a smart lamp in his account. I can't control this lamp in my app. And I can also only control this lamp with voice control, when the speaker is in his account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base