Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stream music from local NAS or DLNA as a default streaming option

Allow you to set a local device on your network (eg a NAS or a DLNA server) as a default music streaming device for Alexa. So when you ask it to "Alexa, play Green Day" it will play it from your local music library. This will be well-received by the great many Alexa users who have large CD libraries and would prefer to use those instead of a subscription service like Apple Music.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Echo Show can help long term medical patients & elderly keep in touch if....

My wife suffered a severe traumatic brain injury in a fall. She also had a stroke affecting her left side. She is also a senior. To say she has trouble holding and using her iPhone is an understatement. My solution was to mount the Echo Show on a rolling stand. That solved just one problem.

If it were possible to securely and fully control her Echo Show remotely, I believe there is a great business opportunity here, especially, during COVID-19, where connecting people who need help with technology is a growing market. I haven't seen my wife in person in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Energy consumption & production devices support

Native support for devices that are able to return energy consumption and production. In addition to being able to display the information within Alexa, this will allow for certain automations based of energy usage. Eg. Turn off porch light if energy consumed within the past 12hrs = X. Turn on washing machine when energy production = X. etc...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable (only) next recurring alarm without multi-part interaction.

A recent update is the ability to silence a recurring alarm, but the interaction is tedious. I should be able to say “cancel next 10PM alarm”. Simple! Instead I have to say “cancel 10PM alarm”, wait for her to say “do you want to cancel this alarm forever?” and reply “no!” The keyword “next” should sufficiently describe my intention. Please add this functionality.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Flash Briefing listeners to report feed errors without leaving 1-star reviews

Hi,
    I really think Flash Briefing listeners should have the ability/option to report a feed error/issue. Currently, there is no way to do that.

When I had a feed error on my Flash Briefing, I only found out via 1-star reviews left on my briefing. Since the reviews don't show up until a day later, I didn't know until well after the fact that there was a feed issue for some listeners.

My Flash Briefing went from a perfect 5.0 rating to a 3.2 rating because 4 straight listeners left 1-star reviews. All they wanted to do was share that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. timer smarthome

Capability to Set timer and Get timer on Non cooking appliances should be added.

Like to set timer on Laundry appliances or dish appliances and get time remaining on those appliances.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ask Alexa what's its MAC address and What its IP address are so I don't have to look in the APP

It would be great if I could just ask the echo for what it's MAC or IP address were without going into the APP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Korean as a lanuage.

My siblings and I all use Amazon products. We are a multicultural and bilingual family with Korean as our second lanuage. Our challenges with your products are solely based on our mother's inabilty to use your products because her 1st lanuage is Korean. It would be extremely awesome if Korean and other languages on your devices
    Also, the ability to toggle back and forth between the two languages. Since most multi cultural families who speak more than one lanuage tend to go back in forth between languages.

I love your products, but unfortunately without these features my entire family is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow creation of Home Content panes

On an Echo Show it's possible to add reactive skills that add capabilities in response to spoken instructions, but it would be neat to be able to develop (either as a packagable skill and/or user defined blueprint) additional panes for the Home Content carousel ... for instance I'd like to display a 2 day agenda that merges everything on my work and personal calendar, or displays the most recent aircraft spotted from my FR24 tracker...

Panes could point to an external webpage which delivers a transparent background content, with cache/timeout settings so it doesn't poll too often...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alexa, turn on blue shade or alexa, change brightness %

For devices with a screen such as the show and the fire tablet(with show mode). Should be able to activate blue shade or adjust the brightness amount(similar to being able to adjust volume levels) for areas where you might have a screened device in a darkened room and don’t want it at max brightness. I use a fire tablet as my bedside alexa device and have to manually adjust the screen brightness at bedtime so it’s not blinding in the dark.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guard to detect Dog barking

I love the fact that the Guard feature will alert me to breaking glass or a smoke detector going off. But it would be even better if it could also let me know if my dog starts barking so that I know to check in to see what is going on.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support of garage door devices in routines

Many users of our smart garage controller device requested the ability to use garage door commands in Alexa routines to enable scenarios like:

• Ensure that all garage doors are closed at sunset

• Control garage doors by pressing Echo button

• Turn on and off smart lights when doors open or close

• Open/close doors based on your location

• Create voice aliases for various garage door commands and grouped actions

According to Alexa developer support (CASE 7219455151) this capability is not currently supported.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. APL on Phone App

The ability to have a visual displays (APL screens) from the alexa app on a phone. So when you start the Alexa app and open your skill, your phone will show the visual aspects just like a Echo Show would.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. dropin SDK

Get an access to a DropIn SDK from our skill

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Access to raw speach-to-text input

I am creating a skill that needs to work in a mix mode environment: One that takes advantage of Alexa's natural language engine (slots/intents) and one that allows me to handle raw user input as text. Could it be possible to integrate "Amazon Transcribe" with Alexa to achieve this? I have implemented a work around using dynamic entities but the processing time makes the transaction too slow and impractical as an app.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Schedule skill performance reports

While viewing your skills metrics/analytics there should be a one click button after viewing the data to schedule that report for daily /weekly stats or summary to auto run. Which would then emAil you the scheduled report each morning to your aws associated email.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide Net Enablements Data

It would be great to understand the total number of people who currently have the skill enabled. Right now we are only given the number of people who enabled the skill each week but there is no information on the number of people who have disabled the skill.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have reviewers receive notification if their review receives a comment

Currently, users can leave reviews for a skill. Someone, such as the developer, can respond in a comment. But the person who left a review is not notified about the comment. Those who leave reviews should also be alerted when people (such as the creator of the skill) responds to the comment.

I had all 5-star reviews for my skill, which is a flash briefing. Then there was a feed issue for a few days, and some users left 1-star reviews, citing the feed issue. They said they would return/update when it got fixed.

I commented to these people in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Queuing Feature

Add queuing feature for music apps.

say i am playing music on spotify,
    i want to hear another song(s) but want it to resume what it was already playing, after the "song/album/playlist" that was on que has ended.

for example:
    -shuffling ariana grande on spotify-

"hey alexa, que "dive" by victoria monet."
    or
    "hey alexa, que "ctrl" album by sza"

after the song(s) that were on que ended, it would resume shuffling ariana grande.

i know this feature is on spotify but making it an alexa command would be cool :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. APL functions to retrieve properties of elements

APL functions to retrieve properties of elements would be very helpful.

For example:

Document.getScrollTop();

Element.getOffsetTop('id')
    Element.getOffsetLeft('id')
    Element.getWidth('id')
    Element.getHeight('id')

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base