Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a "General" schema in Proactive Events API.

The new Proctive Events api has a limited number of specific schemas which greatly limits how customized the notification message can be.

Can we get a "general" type of schema that allows a more flexible message? This would make notifications much more useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow monetisation in India location.

Trying to create skill to sell physical products using alexa skills in India. Adding Amazon pay option would be a great addition to user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Insert a skill at the begin of a routine

I can only use a skill at the end of a routine? Why? I want to start with a skill inside my routine, but I get everytime a message, that this skill must be at the end of a routine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Alexa Conversations support for English (CA)

Please add support for English (CA) locale for Alexa Conversations.
    I just developed a custom skill using Alexa Conversations here in Canada and I can't even download it onto devices here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. link specific calendar event with reminder feature

At present after linking my apple calendar with the Alexa app, it just reads events if I ask Alexa to do.

For example, Alexa, read my today's calendar or my next events.

I don't get any kind of reminder from my calendar's events.
    for example, sound notifications 30 mins before an event.

To get a sound notification, I need to create reminders separately for that event.

For this, what I am requesting is to enable an option within the calendar feature which will help to link specific calendar events with a reminder feature so that I don't need to do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add echo show display timeout options

The echo show screen automatically times out and turns off the display until it senses movement. This causes sound to stutter when listening to music. Adding display timeout options would fix this as well as allow the user to have more control over the display in general. Example, add screen timeout times such as timeout after 5 minutes, 10, 15, etc. Or option to choose never time out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Combine two european languages together

Actually we can only combine English to another languages like French, German, Spanisch or Italian.
    In Europe lives lot of persons coming from different countries.
    So it would be very interesting to combine other languages as only english.
    In my family we speak French and German, so it will be an huge feature to combine two (or three) european languages together like
    French/German
    French/Spanish
    French/Italian
    German/French
    German/Spanish
    Germin/Italian
    etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Standard Built-in Intent: PurchaseIntent

ISP requires a "purchase"-intent to be available in the interaction model, currently every developer implements his own "purchase"-intent with his own utterances. This is not user friendly, as a user cannot rely on being able to use learned utterances from "skill A" in "skill B". So my idea is a new standard built-in "PurchaseIntent".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Echo to control multiple groups

Allow Alexa Echo devices to connect to multiple groups.

My Situation:
    I am using a singular echo device named “Kitchen Echo” to control devices in both my kitchen and living room. One of the devices (located in living room) is a 2-light lamp fixture. In order to have both smart bulbs turn on in this lamp, I had to create a separate device group, using a separate Echo device.

This allows me to say... “Alexa, turn on Lamp 2” instead of telling Alexa to turn on both bulbs separately. I’d rather not use an Echo device located across my house…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Courtesy responses

Greetings, When Alexa responds to a voice request, my wife and I routinely say "Thank You Alexa". Alexa never acknowledges the thank you let alone say "Your Welcome", Could a toggle be incorporated to allow her to do so if one wishes? Just a typical polite Canadian couple.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide barge-in flag on request

As a developer, I would like a field on an incoming intent request payload that tells me whether that request was the result of a barge-in or not.

Rationale:
    Today, there is no way to know whether an incoming intent in a live session was the result of the user completely listening to the previous response, or the result of the user doing a barge-in by invoking their wake word. There are several use cases where this information would be useful, but the two most important are:

1. If you were giving instructions to your user at the end of your…
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. list as a stand alone icon

Figure a way for the shopping list to be set "outside" the Alexa app, to stand alone versus having to go through multiple screens on the phone while you're in the store "just" to get to your shopping list!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correct / Allow for any smart device as a trigger

Your routines will not allow for any of my light switches or plugs to be used as a trigger, hence switch goes on anounce something as action. This restriction makes no sence and cannot seem to be able to find any smart switches or plugs that will show in the routines device triggers screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. open a url in firefox

Since you allow for "Alexa open youtube" Im looking for a skill that will allow me to open a user settable url in firefox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Uservoice space of genre of Chutney Music

Currently if the voice command of Alexa - Play Chutney Music is said - it reverts to the wrong genre of soca music. I have added my online radio station and used the invocation of Chutney Music but the skill must be added in order for this work. I was adviced to go this method to get the Uservoice Space for the creation of the genre of Chutney Music. I am willing to add the content via ftp as I am involved in a lot of the releases of the music worldwide or if it can be direct to my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sleep Timer for Video (Prime Video Etc..)

Exactly the same that currently works for audio but that works for Video skills on Echo Shows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alexa’s whisper for routines

Many Alexa users experience the issue of wanting Alexa to whisper on a routine, especially for use of an alarm at night or in the morning. The issue is that many of us wake up even hours before the next person in the house has to wake up, so we can’t use Alexa as the alarm because she has a habit of screaming out her words on routines when you want her to just whisper. It would be great to see the addition of “Alexa whisper” under “device settings” when creating a routine, so that anything Alexa says during the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calculate the approximate reading duration for an SSML response

Sometimes, I'd have to (more or less) "continue" an interrupted SSML response. I understand that it is not possible to find out if and where a response has been interrupted.

Therefore, it would come very handy if I could find out beforehand how long a response might take to be read. From this (plus timestamp of this response and the next intent's) I can calculate how far reading might have proceed.

So, my request is:
    - enter a text string plus device reading speed
    - calculate approximate expected reading duratioin from this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use dynamic entities with slot elicitation in order to refine choice

I'd like to set a dynamic entity with specific answers, and then prompt for the slot with that type. This isn't possible because of this error:"No other directives are allowed to be specified with a Dialog directive. The following Directives were returned: [Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities]"

The use case is refining the customer's choice where lots of the choices have similar values. The dynamic entity is being used to distinguish between them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base