Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not close skill unless I give command

Currently, extending the the session timeout duration is not a supported feature of Alexa Skills Kit.

Yet, I hope that a skill is closed only when I give certain command, so that I don't need to activate it again. (I only activate one skill at a time)

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open the direction of voice heard to other zigbee devices

I want the direction of voice heard by echo pass to my robot (through ZigBee, or Internet), so that the robot could make its move to that direction.
    This feature is CRITICAL for home robot control. In case the robot has a map of the room, and could navigate by itself, also the position of Echo in room is known, once a command is made, the robot could move to that direction by itself.
    Why such important feature is not supported yet?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proactive Events notify with light/sound without ask to Alexa...

It would be useful for Proactive Events to automatically notify new notifications (with audio or badge in the display series: echo spot / show) without having to ask Alexa: are there new notifications ?.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add again custom notifications.

I'd would love it if it is possible to add again custom notifications for services like the popular skill "Notifyme". I Want to create a skill like "Notifyme" for germany but it isnt possible with the new proactive schemas. So i would love it if it is possible to add a schema for complete custom messages. I would also have the idea that you can identify skills that use this feature if this should be the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adjust Screen Brightness through Voice Command

As someone who uses my echo show as a television it frustrates me greatly that I can’t for instance say “Alexa, set screen brightness to 1”

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. EXCEEDED_MAX_REPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest device type inconsistencies

EXCEEDEDMAXREPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest does not behave on the Show appropriately - in fact it does not happen at all!

Makes SessionEndedRequest useless and means you can't code for a timeout to end the session and do cleanup then. The API should perform identically on all devices, or at the VERY LEAST the docs should articulate the differences

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support multi-value slots for AMAZON.NUMBER

If I create a multi-value slot using AMAZON.NUMBER, I don't get a conjunction of separate values. E.g. if my utterance includes "1, 2, and 3" instead of getting the conjoined value "1 2 3", I get the number 123. Multi-value slots should work if the slot type is AMAZON.NUMBER.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Alarm feature in custom Alexa skill

Please allow us to create custom alarm skill so that we can create really cool features with that.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have routines that vary depending on the device

I have IRC devices in two rooms, controlling a TV, Audio Device, Cable box. They both have the same model cable box.

I would like to be able to trigger different routine logic path depending on which echo device receives the command.

IE: "Alexa Start NBC" would trigger the remote code or scene for the bedroom IRC when the bedroom echo receives the command, or the living room IRC which the livingroom echo receives the command.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Understand basic english adverbs

My grandfather uses alexa for menial requests such as the date and time, weather forecasts, reading the bible etc... However he often makes requests like such: "Alexa kindly <operation>" which she unfortunately doesn't comprehend. Is it possible to add some degree of adverb functionality/recognition in?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Garage Door opener on es-ES Locale

It seems garage door opener are only supported on Locale en-US.
    When trying to certify our skill we get the following message from the certifcation team:
    One of the language variants of your Smart Home skill includes
    functionality that is not yet available for Alexa in that language. Please remove any unsupported functionality from the skill before resubmitting.

Unsupported Functionality: Garage Doors
    Language(s) Impacted: Spanish (Spain)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow creating triggers based on thermostat current temperature

That, and combining triggers would make automating the home a breeze:
    If (temp > 75) and (weather_temp < 73): turn on window fan.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide means for testing headless responses in Dev Console

Currently one can only simulate a device with a display in the dev console. It would be nice if Dev Console provided a means to test a headless response, given that those make up the most significant share of user requests.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feature Requests, Bugs, and Feedbacks Built-In Intents

Why not letting the user directly submit feature requests, leave feedbacks and report bugs?
    We know that the most important thing that allows a developer to build a high-quality product is the feedback from the end-user.
    Receiving them during the beta-testing phase or submitted through email from the user may not be enough and its not simple, fast and fun.
    For every custom skill, i would like to use Built-In Intents, example:

AMAZON.FeatureRequestIntent:

• User: "Alexa, tell {skill_name} that i would like to leave a feedback"

• Alexa: "Please tell me more"

• User: "I would really appreciate if i could {action...}"

• Alexa:…
    3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Turn off microphone during specific hours, and create command which would turn off mics on all of my Echos

I would like the ability for some of my echos to turn off microphones during certain hours - I do not wish for amazon to listen to me. Or perhaps make an option for saying "privacy mode" and all echos mics are turned off. I have a number of echos and I am thinking of getting more to improve Alexa's reception and improve the sound in the room. However, occasionally I need privacy and I have to go around turning off echos' mics. So that is stopping me from getting more of them.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Be able to disable and enable routines from a routine

Be able to enable and disable routines from a voice trigger routine. For example “we’re going on holiday’ could disable routines that are not required when we are away and enable other routines that are, such as routines that make it look like we are home. Or ‘it’s summer’ could enable routines for summer that for example don’t switch on heating and switch off the winter routines that do.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SecurityPanelController Italian Support

Please add Italian language support to this api! So people can use my skill to arm and disarm their alarm system.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add option to request user input and parse to other steps

When creating a routine, have an option to add a step where Alexa seeks user input (voice) so that additional information or steps can be configured. Would work well with integration of logic gates in routine builder as well, and ability to parse user input to future steps.

Ex. ‘Goodnight’ routine that turns off living room lights/tv and asks about turning on bedroom tv.

User: Alexa, I’m heading to bed.

Alexa: Do you want me to turn on the bedroom TV for you?

User: Yes

Routine runs standard commands to turn off living room lights and tv, as well as…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base