Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable multiroom playback for Fire TV devices and Echo Show devices, combined with multiroom audio

Not sure if this should be Audio /Video player or Other

As a user I would like to enable the audio from my Fire TV device (stick, cube etc) the same as I can with multiroom music groups.

For live events such as sporting events, football, baseball, basketball, etc it would mean I can have the game on and... Run to the restroom, the kitchen, and throughout the house. With multiroom audio serving an echo device on my deck I can hear the game while I'm out on my deck grilling and see the TV through the window.

With tvs/fire…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support garage door opener in German

Alexa lacks support for garage door openers in German. We have customers requesting this feature. Our skills supports it, but German users cannot use it because Alexa support is absent.

Response from certification team:
    One of the language variants of your Smart Home skill includes functionality that is not yet available for Alexa in that language. Please remove any unsupported functionality from the skill before resubmitting.

Unsupported Functionality: security garage door
    Language(s) Impacted: DE

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Long-form Text Slot Type for Alexa Conversations

I need to be able to allow the user to answer questions in their own words in Alexa Conversations. Not just in a canned slot. For example, I want to ask, "How are you?" And then do sentiment analysis on the response. Or, I want to ask, "what happened today?" And capture the answer. I can currently do this with AMAZON.SearchQuery but it's a hack. I need an AMAZON.LongFormText slot type.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Safebox

We would like to get safebox as device type in your device list.. our device actually is under lock type but we would like to get it as separate type of device because the features of out IoT safebox (ARREGUI) are quite different than a lock. We have implemented via MQTT from our cloud the features Remote Opening (for emergency cases) and DeleteUser. For security reasons, for perform a succesful opening , someone has to be in front of the safebox for manually awake the safebox and turn the knob for completing the operation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Web API for Games Support for NOT Games

Currently, Web API for Games support requires that the skill be a Game.
    I would like to use the Web API functionality for visuals for NOT games. For example, voice controlled charts and maps. So, if I have a Skill showing the location of the nearest hardware store and the user says, Not that One, I want the map to move, and Web API is a great way to do that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I’d like the Echo Show to display Arlo Camera when motion triggers it. I don’t understand why there can be an audio alert and not a video?

I’d like the Echo Show to display Arlo Camera when motion triggers it. I don’t understand why there can be an audio alert and not a video?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. School Bells

Many teachers are teaching from home. I wish we could tell Alexa our bell schedule and she would ring the bell at the beginning and end of periods. It is badly needed in the pandemic. School children would use it to keep on schedule as well.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Threshold Notifications

"Threshold" notification capability
    Scrape any web source for information (temperature, price of a commodity, etc). Notify when item reaches target value. e.g. Notify me when Silver reaches $40 Cad., when temperature in my area reaches 15 C, etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support APLA documents & directives for reprompts

The new APLA Documents are great for providing rich audio responses at runtime to users.

However, we are still stuck using the reprompt object in responses, and this can only contain PlainText or SSML.

For a user who has just experienced an immersive experience but then hears a low-quality reprompt (especially when the audio element is used), this could seem disjoint.

It would be great if we could use APLA documents in multimodal reprompts too :)

Cheers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create widget to access alexa lists

Would like to widget on home screen to access lists

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an action to set a timer

I'm constantly setting the same timer and would like a routine to make it simple.
    Eg I want to see a tea timer of 4 minutes
    I could just have a routine called make tea - which announces "setting a 4 minute tea timer" then it starts a 4 minute timer.
    The wait or delay doesn't accomplish the same as a timer keeps ringer until I stop it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow a "General" schema in Proactive Events API.

The new Proctive Events api has a limited number of specific schemas which greatly limits how customized the notification message can be.

Can we get a "general" type of schema that allows a more flexible message? This would make notifications much more useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. suspend or block a routine

I have garage door on open when my device comes home. When I go for walk around neighborhood I don't want the garage door to open when I walk home.

Have a routine called "going for walk" the routine waits for a few seconds then locks the doors and a few other things

Would like the ability that will suspend the door opening for a set period of time when I active a "going for walk" routine

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Routines schedule have hourly monthly every minute options

Currently in routines there are repeated schedule options that can only be only configured by daily basis.

There is no options by bi-weekly, monthly, yearly or at certain date, hourly, every 5/10/N minutes.

I want to configure a alexa routine to wish a birthday for my family at certain date every year by turning all my RGB lights on and play some birthday music.

Basically need more schedule options for different intervals by year, monthly date and time. Like a cron job.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic custom action skill invoking

I have created a bot for myself where it does multiple tasks depending upon the routines conditions.

Now I want to dynamically invoke another skill from my current skill, this would have helped a lot.

Eg. I have a routine thats runs every morning at 7 AM. I want myself to configure which skill to run during this time. It should be changeable enough from the app side. So that every-time when my skill runs, I can check my reminders or trigger a skill on alexa from my backend whatever is configured.

Basically i just want to invoke another skill…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Monthly schedule

Allow routines to operate in longer schedules and not just days of week. For example, do something every month (e.g. discharge emergency lights to make their batteries live longer)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pick specific days for routines

I'd like to be able to pick specific days to run routines, not only ONE day of the week, weekdays or weekends.
    Currently if I want to run a routine on -say- Tuesday and Thursday I have to create the routine twice and select Tuesday and Thursday routine days separately.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pause reminders

I would like an ability to pause reminders.
    If I set up a weekly, or even daily reminder, perhaps I will go on vacation or will need to stop hearing that reminder for awhile. I have to delete the reminder, then remake it later. It would nice to be able to say "alexa, pause this reminder until May 4th" or at least have the option to set that up in the Alexa app.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A list of safe words that can not be used as utterances

Give us a list of words we can't use for utterances.
    Why can't we use Enter as an utterance!?!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Uploading from a GitHub repo in the alexa developer console is tedious

You would think it would be far easier to grab a project from GitHub in the alexa developer console like one button that opens to enter the git url.

Currently these are the steps

1. Open alexa developer console

2. Name the skill

3. There is Create Skill Button top right.

Then again there are other options

1. Choose a model with seven boxes

2. Choose a method with three boxes

3. Ignore all those choices

4. Press [ Create Skill ]

Next page

Choose a template and 10 more boxes to ignore if you want to import from GitHub

On this page are two boxes top…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base