Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Amazon.searchQuery with Alexa's result-based suggestions so that the user can respond based on the results

I need help with Alexa implementation.

That is, I want Amazon.searchQuery to return results from Alexa so that the user can respond based on the results.

The conversation should continue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine

It will be better for the user, to add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine instead of creating separately.

For example:

A user creates a routine named "I'm home". The tasks under this routine will be executed when the user says to Alexa "Alexa, I'm home".

However, the user may also say

"Alexa, I'm back" or
    "Alexa, I return home" or
    "Alexa, I enter in sweet home" or
    "Alexa, I enter home" or
    "Alexa, I'm back to my room" or
    "Alexa, I just arrive" or
    "Alexa, I arrive home" or
    "Alexa, I reach…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. private skill routine

Please allow beta tester to be able to add private skills to Routine.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support 12 hour time format for SSML 'time' interpretations

Right now, if you have an AMAZON.Time slot, for example, and you have read back that slot value in a confirmation, even if you use a say-as interpret-as "time", the readout will be in military / 24 hour time rather than 12 hour time which is what most people would use conversationally.

For example, if I say "One thirty PM" in a slot, the playback in the confirmation will be "Thirteen Thirty".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alexa being able to stop timers/alarms rather than audio on Sonos or External Media Playback

Alexa, stop the timer (without stopping music/TV audio).

When I am listening to the TV via a Sonos AMP I find that if someone else in the home says "Alexa, Stop" to an Alarm or Timer that the sound on my Sonos device stops rather than the timer or alarm they are trying to dismiss. Alexa should set Timers and Alarms to be the most prominent for stop commands to avoid this conflict.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to put in breaklines in ISP JSON file for long descriptions

Be able to put in breaklines in ISP JSON file for long descriptions. It works when you edit the skill.json file when you write content in the Description box on your skill so the same should be applied for description boxes of an ISP product.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In skill purchase for smart home skills

With the recent changes to promotional credits for smart home skills my skill is no longer able to be funded purely from Alexa promotional credits. As my smart home skill is tied to an open source project, I have no other funding sources so I need the ability to offer a subscription to my smart home skill.

My thought was to offer a basic level of service for free, to allow users to trial the service, but then offer a subscription for a higher level of service.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Task Analytics in Skill Metrics

See more detailed information about custom tasks in the skill metrics interface. At moment I can only see the engagement of all tasks, but it would be awesome to filter it by the task identifier and campaign parameter (a2z_ref).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

672 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  384 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pet friendly, easing dog's fear of Alexa

My dog is terrified of Alexa when she speaks, would be great to have Alexa on command, announce...Good girl, (pet's name). Another option, I love you (pet's name). Hopefully, the pet would eventually feel at ease when hearing Alexa speak. My 83 year old mother will not call me on the echo for fear of traumatizing my dog. We originally purchased echo's for around her house to have the ability to call us in case of emergency. I know this sounds crazy, but there must be other pet owners who are experiencing this as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add additional MediaTypes to AMAZON.MediaContent.Available Proactive Events Schema

To support notification of new blog posts, request to add "POST" to MediaTypes in the payload parameter content.contentType of the AMAZON.MediaContent.Available of the Proactive Events Schema
    Would also suggest adding additional MediaTypes of "LECTURE" and "SERMON" at the same time (as these are target markets for me).
    Best,
    -Chip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make built in APL components to be more flexible

My use case requires image lists in APL but with some custom styling to match branding. It would be great if I could override some of the styles in an AlexaImageList component to get the benefit of all the existing responsive behaviour and at the same time, apply required colors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 30 second audio / video preview of skill

To help users decide whether a skill should be used it would be great to have a 30 second audio clip with a promo / preview of a skill.

Similar to how the app store has videos or images of apps the user can listen before committing to enabling or invoking the skill.

These clips would surface in three places:

1. On the skills directory page in the Alexa App
    2. On the skills directory page in the amazon website
    3. As an option to listen to when Alexa recommends a skill

The audio clip would be uploaded / submitted during the submission…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add "Delete my devices" command and button

When debugging new skills and testing the discovery sometimes it's required a devices cleanup but there is no "delete all my devices" button or vocal command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. alexa for kids app

The fire tablet does not allow use of the Alexa kids App to use for phone calls because of the parental controls. I was not able to sync the Alexa kids app to my childs profile. So it has been frustrating to take advantage of this tool. Please consider changing this feature to allow use from a childs profile. W

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ThermostatController custom modes

Allow customization of thermostat controller modes (descriptions and utterances).

An optional ModeController added to a device having display category = "THERMOSTAT".does not show the combo selector in the Alexa app for the given device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. outdoor temperature alert

"Alexa alert me when the temperature drops below 50 degrees"

As the seasons change, my animals need to come in earlier/ later. I would like to be able to do that by setting a temp alert instead of a timer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Respond to “thank you” the same as “stop”

When a timer or alarm goes off, I instinctively say “Alexa, thank you”. Alexa says “you’re welcome” then carries on with the alarm sound. Maybe it’s a British thing, but when I say thank you to something I feel it should stop there. “Alexa, stop” seems very impolite.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Collaboration for Skill traslation

Allow users to collaborate on the translation of Skills. As happens on many opensource platforms, I can collaborate with the translation of other users' skills. This would allow the expansion and dissemination of Skills that are currently not available in many languages. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make my own audio file for alarms

I’d like to be able to move an audio file into the lists of alarm sounds available. So I could wake up to a customized file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base