Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I know this has been noted ad nauseam, but I would like to request that there is a way to turn Alexa's announcement that it is connected to my computer each time it wakes up. I bought a new system, and instead of having a multitude of wires attached to it for speakers, I found that I could use my device as a Bluetooth speaker. I have my Echo set up will full volume, and I adjust levels with my computer. As a result, I get full blast "Alexa is connected to user's Mac Pro." It's quite irritating.

I was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. assign swear jars to family members and ask Alexa to add coins/dollars

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto duck is a popular feature in audio mixing software like Audacity; it allows a track (A) to play at a desired volume while there is silence on another track (B). Whenever track B is NOT silent, track A automatically reduces its volume, allowing track B to be heard clearly, and both tracks to continue uninterrupted. A automatically returns to its default volume when B is silent once again, and so on for the duration of the track(s).

Example:

Track A: background music
    Track B: voiceover (VO) track - spoken phrases separated by variable-length periods of silence.
    This use case…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When seeing your analytics for skill, put in a way to see if customers are using it on a screen or not. To see if there's more engagement with your skill if they see graphics or not (from the APL)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the recent changes to promotional credits for smart home skills my skill is no longer able to be funded purely from Alexa promotional credits. As my smart home skill is tied to an open source project, I have no other funding sources so I need the ability to offer a subscription to my smart home skill.

My thought was to offer a basic level of service for free, to allow users to trial the service, but then offer a subscription for a higher level of service.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a relative who is disabled and needs a way to mute her tv, when a call comes in on Alexa. Would be helpful to allow for triggering external events upon call start/stop, or allow ability to execute skills during a call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, it will be great to be able to create Music Skills for spanish speakers in the USA.

By the way, Music Skills API works great for english speakers in the USA!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi,

(I hope this is in the correct section, otherwise please move it appropriately. Thanks)

I would value being able to spell words into Alexa.

Understandably, after losing a tooth, it was clear that Alexa had more difficulty understanding me.

I couldn't find a way to spell a word into Alexa, which would make my question get an answer.

Perhaps it already exists?
    I would appreciate knowing how to do this, but if not may I put this forward as a feature I'd value.

Thanks

Pete

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To support notification of new blog posts, request to add "POST" to MediaTypes in the payload parameter content.contentType of the AMAZON.MediaContent.Available of the Proactive Events Schema
    Would also suggest adding additional MediaTypes of "LECTURE" and "SERMON" at the same time (as these are target markets for me).
    Best,
    -Chip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need a built-in slot that accepts special characters such as .,/@#%&$*()!"':;<>? , as Alexa couldn't read them as characters but reads them as words like (dot, at, comma, etc.)
    Please Help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ContactSensor and MotionSensor types are available in many regions but not the en-gb locale. Given that the security panel controller is available in en-gb it would bring a large benefit to users to be able to utilise the contact & motion sensor functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow customization of thermostat controller modes (descriptions and utterances).

An optional ModeController added to a device having display category = "THERMOSTAT".does not show the combo selector in the Alexa app for the given device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Presently Alexa developer console does not support federated login. We have team of developers who works on the same skill. It is better to have an activity log which keeps track of what changes are done to the skill by which user. This gives us a way to track the changes made by various users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now, calendar notifications can only be sent to one echo device, but I want to send the notifications to several echo devices. Please implement a list of echo devices with a toggle per device to enable or disable Calendar notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes the Alexa service will say that a user's utterance matched and intent but then provide an empty slot value and no dynamic entities.

If an intent has been matched then the Alexa service should return its best guess at what the user has said so the the developer can do processing on it with the additional context they hold.

If the utterance is determined to be too far away from the training data to be sent to the developer for privacy reasons then the intent shouldn't be matched.

Adjusting the fallback sensitivity is not a satisfactory solution to this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a skill wants to hand a user to another skill they are currently confronted with a pretty technical sounding piece of copy: "Skill A would like to use skill B to do that. May I send the request to skill B?"

This is clearly well intentioned - trying to make sure the user understands what is going on but has some issue nonetheless:

1) it provides a lot of additional friction
    2) it prevents developers building seamless experiences closer to a natural conversation
    3) it introduces Alexa as the "I" at a point that may not be appropriate in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It will be better for the user, to add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine instead of creating separately.

For example:

A user creates a routine named "I'm home". The tasks under this routine will be executed when the user says to Alexa "Alexa, I'm home".

However, the user may also say

"Alexa, I'm back" or
    "Alexa, I return home" or
    "Alexa, I enter in sweet home" or
    "Alexa, I enter home" or
    "Alexa, I'm back to my room" or
    "Alexa, I just arrive" or
    "Alexa, I arrive home" or
    "Alexa, I reach…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. can Alexa listen and play audio at the same time?

This could be in a quiz format for example, Alexa asks a quiz question and then plays dramatic/ tense music until the user responds with an answer

For UX reasons, it would be good to avoid making the user use the wake word. I don't really want them to have to start each answer with "Alexa,.." or whatever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My use case requires image lists in APL but with some custom styling to match branding. It would be great if I could override some of the styles in an AlexaImageList component to get the benefit of all the existing responsive behaviour and at the same time, apply required colors

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Because it is case sensitive, the automated NLU tester almost always fails when testing values which may be contained in an Alexa built-in slot.

It also appears random as to whether the values in the slot are uppercase, lowercase, or even mixed between two words.

Example: For the slot AMAZON.GB_CITY, it matches the slot values, but shows a fail because sometimes they are lowercase.

Of course, if I submit all lowercase, then it fails on the ones which are uppercase.

It would be very easy to make the nlu tester ignore case sensitivity, which would make it more useful.

E:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?