Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Echo Show can help long term medical patients & elderly keep in touch if....

My wife suffered a severe traumatic brain injury in a fall. She also had a stroke affecting her left side. She is also a senior. To say she has trouble holding and using her iPhone is an understatement. My solution was to mount the Echo Show on a rolling stand. That solved just one problem.

If it were possible to securely and fully control her Echo Show remotely, I believe there is a great business opportunity here, especially, during COVID-19, where connecting people who need help with technology is a growing market. I haven't seen my wife in person in…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Location services in the UK

Can we have location triggers and similar services made available in the UK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable (only) next recurring alarm without multi-part interaction.

A recent update is the ability to silence a recurring alarm, but the interaction is tedious. I should be able to say “cancel next 10PM alarm”. Simple! Instead I have to say “cancel 10PM alarm”, wait for her to say “do you want to cancel this alarm forever?” and reply “no!” The keyword “next” should sufficiently describe my intention. Please add this functionality.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. timer smarthome

Capability to Set timer and Get timer on Non cooking appliances should be added.

Like to set timer on Laundry appliances or dish appliances and get time remaining on those appliances.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alexa, turn on blue shade or alexa, change brightness %

For devices with a screen such as the show and the fire tablet(with show mode). Should be able to activate blue shade or adjust the brightness amount(similar to being able to adjust volume levels) for areas where you might have a screened device in a darkened room and don’t want it at max brightness. I use a fire tablet as my bedside alexa device and have to manually adjust the screen brightness at bedtime so it’s not blinding in the dark.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Treat delegate directives from launch requests the same as from intent requests

I originally posted this as an 'issue' for the ASK Java SDK but was advised that this "seems to be a feature request for change of behavior in dialog management for alexa requests and is not related to the SDK itself". I guess that's right. Nonetheless an edited version of my 'issue' gives you the context.

Expected Behavior

When addDelegateDirective(updatedIntent) from a LaunchRequest, if Auto Delegation is disabled for the skill? for LaunchRequests? for the updatedIntent? (however it should be done), then behave as for the same situation when the delegating request is an IntentRequest: giving in-code control over the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open Web page in routines

A routine that invokes showing a Web page on a visual device screen would be useful for lots of different applications.
    Smart home integration for ip cameras is my intended use of this feature.
    As most ip cameras are difficult or impossible to show on echo show type devices. This new feature would enable the screen to show the Web site containing the camera stream from a trigger via node red or other mqtt and smart home devices. Without any voice commands needed to be issued to the device directly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scrollable track info in audio player

When the track info is shown and the title name is very long, alexa cuts this at the end with "..."

Better would be, when this text which is too long will be scrolled left and then again back right and vice versa. So it can be read completely.

In my opinion this is common behaviour.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Firestick Alexa app, speech via remote to text dispayed on TV screen for hearing impaired

On you Firestick remote, Say, "Alexa" then tell the Firestick Alexa, "Screen note", an on screen dialog box appears on the TV. then whatever you say into the Firestick remote appears in the dialog box. This would be an easy way to communicate with a deaf or hard of hearing person. With some time settable limits, 10 seconds, 45 minutes, or until dissmissed. It would also be a way to leave notes for others. I don't know if there is a way to make it display on OTA TV programing but that seems important.

Qmavam

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Enable In-skill Purchase Feature For Indian Alexa Skill Developers

Hello,
    Please activate the In-skill purchase feature for Indian Alexa Developers as well. I believe that will be a great help for many entrepreneurs or freelance voice bot developers from India.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow multiple Alexa devices (If called different names) to relay commands to the alternatively named Alexa

I have multiple Alexa's one is attached to hi fi simply called Alexa. The other is on my work bench called Computer. Would be nice to still be able to say 'Alexa' play xyz while at my workbench and have the device named Computer relay the command to the one attached to the hi fi without needing any other workaround commands like 'everywhere'

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Timer Support Up To 24 Hours

When it first launched, the timers api had support for timers up to 24 hours. For some reason Amazon decided to reduce it to 2 hours. I would like it to be extended to 24 hours again so that I can create recipes that take longer than 2 hours to make.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let users reply while Alexa is speaking (without wake word)

Reasons:

1. Because it's so natural for people to do! And Alexa is a product for people.

2. Users quite often start to speak while Alexa is still speaking or just finished speaking and haven't yet turned on its mic.
      There is a blue light, but sometimes users speak to Alexa when it's outside of their view site. Alexa is designed to be for eye-busy experience, and eyes might be busy while interaction.

3. Alexa is actually listening to users all the time while it's speaking - but now it only detects a wake word. So why don't allow a full intent there?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clarify the idea of groups and rooms

While in a minimalist approach to the Alexa app it may be fine, there is a big confusion that I have noticed across numerous friends and family members involving the idea that groups are basically how a user can group devices with an echo as a "room" idea. I think that either better guidance within the app should be included or a slightly modified system of organizing devices should be implemented. It seems that normal users do not realize that an alexa enabled device goes into a group with other devices to control them separately.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NLU Annotation set tool user improvements

Couple of things that could make it easier from a user perspective if you don't mind the feedback

You can only see 10 utterances per page, would be great to be able to see 50 / 100 per page

Would be good to filter on the columns, e.g. filter, all the expected intents with "xyz"

Would be good to duplicate an notation set to then use again with edits

Would be good to be able to download an annotation set as a CSV, so you can edit and then upload again

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add A Video Timer

I would like to fall asleep to Forensic Files but don't want it to play all night long and currently, the 'Alexa, set a sleep timer for ***' doesn't work for that. There's no way to turn the videos off after a specific amount of time except to wake up and tell Alexa to turn it off. Since this comes from Amazon Prime Video, there should be no reason that this can't be incorporated. I can set a timer for pretty much anything else, But Video! I've seen lots of requests for this. I imagine there are a lot of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alexa Custom Notification using Proactive Event API for connected car

A generic Notification proactive schema can look like below

Event Name - AMAZON.CustomAlert.Available

message example - vehicle <content.name> <customalert.message> at <customalert.time>
    example

event: {

name: AMAZON.CustomAlert.Available,

payload: {

customAlert: {

time: 2028-11-20T21:00:00Z,
    }
    content: {name: vehicle name}}

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sending custom Notification using Proactive Events API

we are working on connected car skill. we want to send custom notifications to user for example when there is harsh driving, geofence breach etc. the format of the notification might be

<any string > at <datetime>

where any string - mandatory (size of string should not be greater then suitable for alexa)

for example
    <car1 entered geofence> at <21-8-2020 12:00 PM>
    <harsh driving detected by car1> at <21-8-2020 12:00 PM>

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide ability to check in-skill subscription status from external application

Our service has multiple frontends. For this example, let's assume we have an Alexa Skill and Web interface.

CASE 1: User subscribes via Web and uses the Web. OK
    CASE 2: User subscribes via skill and uses the skill. OK
    CASE 3: User subscribes via the Web and users the skill. OK (The skill can check the payment API of the web application for sub status.)

FAIL CASE: User subscribes via Alexa skill and uses the web app. There is no way for the web application to verify the Alexa skill subscription status.

Please add this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base