Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is a large community of users of e.g. Node Red and such systems as Home Assistant who benefit dramatically for something between the simplistic Blueprints and the large scsle complexity of skill development. These people are an open source community, not interested in monetisation. Using an AWS server is expensive, and alternatives involve risky port opening, and a home server available to all.
    It would be great to have a category of private skill, for running on a home server, just for that individual's home and family, which could be shared on e.g. github and improved that way. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently you can have one customised action at the end of a routine. It would be great if we could have more than one and have them anywhere in the routine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is more Alexa core capability, but I would like to see the ability to assign specific skills or routines to specific Alexa devices. For example, if I put an Alexa in my garage, limit the capabilities to playing music and outside lights, so if someone is outside my garage and they yell a command to disable my alarm, it wouldn’t respond.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If we could introduce more notification schemas to cater to the different kinds of notification messages each industry will require would be advantageous. Currently, we need to choose from the available schemas which suits best and it's not always possible to frame notification messages around the fixed schemas. Also introducing SSML in notifications would be truly beneficial.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are very limited sorting possibilities for devices. Even if you go into a device category like echos, there is no sorting by applied which makes it difficult to find devices (we have e.g. 4 Studio, 6 dots and 6 Echos of various generations and 4 shows)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, I would like to request support for brazilian portuguese in the modeController API. I'm currently integrating alexa to my smart home product, and I have a garage door opener, and it'd be great if alexa had a support in pt-br for this kind of device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I write the URL of "Share Routine" in the description field.
    And You can share "Routine" by clicking on the hyperlink.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the sunset trigger to be offset by more than 60 minutes, similar to other platforms which allow greater control. Today I have to use a 3rd party to complete a task at sunset minus 90 and can only use Alexa at sunset minus 60. I'd prefer to keep this completely within Alexa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is it possible for you to create a counter for tracking sobriety dates or when you quit smoking?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Once a notification has been delivered to the user's Alexa device, there should be an option to revoke it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The skill for our Credit Union recently had an introduction line added to Alexa's verbiage once the skill is invoked. Previously, when the skill was invoked Alexa would respond by saying 'Welcome to USE Credit Union'.

Now, once invoked, Alexa says "Handing off to USE Credit Union (skill name) by USE Credit Union (company name). Welcome to USE Credit Union (skill name)."

As you can see, the addition of the 'Handing off to..." introduction line makes for a very redundant and strange user experience. I'm hoping there will be the option to remove this line some time soon.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A very simple command such as "Alexa, battery" to report battery level. Would be very helpful to those who are sight-impaired and use tablets for audiobook play.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can support be added to the AudioPlayer interface to allow streaming over SSL on ports other than 443? Currently streaming is limited to ONLY port 443 (the standard SSL port), but there should be no reason that other ports cannot also be supported.

This limitation makes it so that services hosted from behind a firewall can no longer use that port (even when port forwarding in employed).

In my case, I am hosting a streaming media server from behind my firewall, however I would like to have a secure website which I also host from the same IP address. My…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Each login that belongs to a Household Account should be able to only have communications, such as alerts of delivery come to the device registered to a particular login.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be useful to have a skill in which to define voice activation commands and the relative URLs to call.
    For example, if I say "Alexa, do this thing" a custom HTTP call is made (eg http://192.168.1.46/roller/0?go=Stop)
    This way there is the possibility of piloting any device that supports HTTP calls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible to program "volume controls" into a routine; for example ramp up the music in a wake up routine. I'm using a routine to help my aged mother-in-law get going in the morning while I am at the gym, so that I don't have to start from scratch when I get home. But her complaint is that it is too abrupt. It could also be useful ramping down at the end of the evening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Our skill uses the Proactive Events API to send periodic notifications to the user. It would be great if we had a metrics on the Analytics dashboard to evaluate the number of notifications sent to the user, the number of notifications received by the user and the number of notifications read by the user. This will in turn help developers evaluate the skill response and build better skills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When turning on a group the lights and other devices within the group are the same when switched off. Would be useful to have a "defaults" area where we can set the defaults. At the moment I have a routine called "office chill" which makes the light blue (among other things), then I say "turn the office off", but then when I say turn office on its still blue. Would want it to be white. I have a bunch of custom routines like "office on" but would be nice to have default option, ideally for all device options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you set an alarm and set it to play the radio, it would be good if you could get that alarm to turn on a device such as a light at the same time.

I currently have an alarm set, but then have to have a route created for the same time as the alarm to turn on the bedroom light. It would be great if this can be done in an alarm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a baby monitor motorola camera which unfortunatelly can only cast to my mobile, as workaround to avoid having my phone at hand everywhere, I leave the phone charging and stream my phone screen to one TV via chromecast. I would like to be able to stream my phone screen to alexa as it would be a better screen for this purpose (and others of course)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?