Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mirror echo show screen to tv

would love to see the Screensaver/ echo show congregation displayed on my large TV so I can easily see my reminders calendar event.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use dynamic entities with slot elicitation in order to refine choice

I'd like to set a dynamic entity with specific answers, and then prompt for the slot with that type. This isn't possible because of this error:"No other directives are allowed to be specified with a Dialog directive. The following Directives were returned: [Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities]"

The use case is refining the customer's choice where lots of the choices have similar values. The dynamic entity is being used to distinguish between them.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pass PIN to backend LockController interface

I have somo lock systems that need to pass a PIN to backend, can this feature be added to LockController interface?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use the echo show 8 camera as a motion detection device for the ring alarm system

Use the echo show eight camera as a motion detection device which would integrate into the Ring Alarm system.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Temperature Routine Trigger

It would be great if you could trigger a routine based on outdoor temperature since Alexa is already able to fetch local outdoor weather information.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stereo Support for APL for Audio

APL-A touts higher sample rates and uncompressed audio, but that only pertains to the input format. Any high quality audio file gets mixed down to an output format of mono 48 kbps, meaning that it is actually ultimately worse than the potentially stereo format possibly with the audio tag.

Please consider adding stereo support for Mixer & Sequencer events, if not actually increasing the end output quality.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. temperature alarm

The ability for Alexa to use outside temperature as an alarm trigger. "Alexa notify me if the outside temperature is under 72 degrees." A better implementation for Alexa's with a skill like Weather Bug would be "Alexa notify me if the outdoor temperature is [over/under] the indoor temperature." and the perfect implementation would be a standing command to notify me whenever the indoor & outdoor temps transition past each other.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a skill to be triggered by outside temperature.

I wish to have an activity (state of my pool pump) to be changed based on current air temperature outside. (as in "ON" when below freezing)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For seniors allow Alexa to respond without requiring the use of “Alexa” first

For seniors needing help , they may be confused or can’t remember how to activate Alexa for help. Allow Alexa to respond to an emergency without the wake word Alexa.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alexa Feature Request - Whole House Audio Zone Smart Home Device Type

A device type for a Smart Home Whole House Audio System Zone would be helpful. It could have features for zone on/off, volume up/down, mute/unmute, input/source selection, etc. This can be used with various manufacturer's whole house audio controllers/amplifiers such as HTD, Monoprice, Russound, Sonos, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. deploy skill to a new profile

Currently it's not possible to use the profile to deploy an Alexa skill to a second AWS account. The aim of this feature to enable this capability in ask-cli to use ask deploy --profile command to deploy the skill to a new account.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Music Fade in

I would love if you could let the music fade in (while using Spotify). Because if I have a routine in the morning the sudden start of the music lets me shock for a second. That feature would be AWESOME!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Insert a skill at the begin of a routine

I can only use a skill at the end of a routine? Why? I want to start with a skill inside my routine, but I get everytime a message, that this skill must be at the end of a routine.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. volume

A lower lowest volume on Echo Dot is needed. Currently the lowest volume setting achieved through the App controls is too loud. As dots are in bedrooms mainly, it needs to be lower to allow you to fall asleep.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Overdrive audiobooks

A skill that will allow alexa to connect directly to the overdrive library and play audiobooks or read kindle books that are checked out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Local Control Zigbee Thermostat

Fully support Zigbee thermostat through local control (Hub).

There are two aspects to supporting a zigbee device:
    1) There is the ability for the zigbee service to discover and join the device to zigbee network.
    2) Then there is the ability for SmartHome to send commands to the device.

We can see that #1 works.

At the moment, the SmartHome ability does not yet support the thermostat cluster which allows it to set temperature setpoints (#2). It does support the report attributes which allows it to read the set point.

It would be beneficial if thermostats (heating, cooling, HVAC and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjust audio volume

Have preset volume levels for drop-in, music playing, speaker groups and basic use. Having preset levels would be nice for drop in then a preset level for when I switch to music or speaker groups. All preset volume levels should be adjustable based on users preference

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for mjpeg streaming

Please, implement mjpeg streaming to support older ip-cameras without rstp capabilities.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option to allow routine to immediately continue after any action

When you add a Music routine without specifying a length, you effectively halt the routine, no actions after that will run. I don't know if there are other actions that do this. If there were an checkbox or something in each action to "Allow routine to immediately continue" after the current action starts, this would fix the issue. Thanks, have a great day.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request for improvement of "LAUNCH_TASK" of Timer API. launch it like "Quick Link for Your Custom Task" instead of "Direct skill connections

I would like to launch my skill (or other skill) again after the timer rings.
    Same for Reminder API.
    It is not a "Direct skill connections".
    It is a function that simply launch the specified skill.
    "Quick Link for Your Custom Task" can launch a skill without the provider skill of "Direct skill connections".
    (Or maybe you're using common provider skills.)
    I think having such a simple feature would improve the quality of the skill.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base