Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not remove device from routine

Do not remove a device from a routine if it fails to access the device. If I have a lamp turned off and run a routine that tries to turn it on or off, Alexa deletes the device from the routine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a proactive event for general reminders

For example: "remeber to <action> <time>"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. String input as basic setting in alexa skill

As a developer I would like to have the possibility to ask users for some string input to personalize a skill dependent on the string input.
    String input can be e.g. a link to some feed (iCal, RSS, Atom whatever) or any other user input which is not related to any account somewhere.

By this, generic skills could be built to wrap any content.

In my special case, I would use it to enter a domain name which then corresponds to an communication / information app which doesn't need account creation and authentification (which helps a lot when dealing with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automated DJ

Allow users to enable “DJ Mode” that while streaming music adds cross fades to songs and occasionally has Alexa announce songs with factoids about the music or artist. I miss traditional radio but like listening to more than the same 40 songs. What I miss are the DJs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alerts for HOH users

I am hard of hearing and would like to allow a speaker group to audibly ring loudly when my phone rings as well as turn off or on a smart light. On a side note, an Alexa doorbell should be a thing. Use the “button” technology to create a smaller, water resistant, model that can be affixed in a door bell location and allow users to create routines for it just like the current “button.” This would allow users not only to create a custom chime that plays on all their devices but also allow for automated turning on of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bluetooth to speaker groups

I currently have a turntable hooked up to my sound system via Bluetooth to one of my Echo devices. I would like to be able to play the audio from my turntable on a speaker group, currently it plays just on the one Echo. This feature would also allow a user to play audio from a connected phone, tv, tablet, or computer on multiple Echos at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow in-session account linking

A user should be able to link their account mid-session and not be forced to exit the skill to get the benefits of a linked account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to show a card on a confirmation

I would like to be able to show a card when the user is confirming an intent. It would be more explicit and, well, confirmatory, to be able to put text on the screen as in addition to the voice prompt, even it it was simply showing the text that matches the prompt that'd be something, but ideally a customizable card...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support 12 hour time format for SSML 'time' interpretations

Right now, if you have an AMAZON.Time slot, for example, and you have read back that slot value in a confirmation, even if you use a say-as interpret-as "time", the readout will be in military / 24 hour time rather than 12 hour time which is what most people would use conversationally.

For example, if I say "One thirty PM" in a slot, the playback in the confirmation will be "Thirteen Thirty".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom fields in calendar

I’d like to be able to add an Owner field to Alexa input calendar events so I can identify which family member is the owner of an appointment. That way, anybody can enter their events in the family calendar from Alexa and we identify to whom the event is for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow skills developers to invoke developing skills from routines

Currently, only published skills can be invoked from routines. This creates difficulties in skills testing because it is impossible to test how a skill will behave being invoked from a routine. It would be easier if a routine will be able to invoke a skill in published and developing mode as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Transfer audio to another device

Move audio to another device, i.e. I’m done in the kitchen and want to continue listening in the dining room. “Alexa,follow me to the dining room.”

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Proactive Notification for Public Safety messages

Especially in CA, PSPS has become very important.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Actionable based notifications

Alexa - I’ve noticed it’s 10 o’clock and the house alarm is not set, would you like me to set it for you?
    User - Yes (sets alarm)
    User - No (does nothing)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice output via echo’s speaker, music via headphone jack

My echo show is connected via headphone jack to a sound system that I have turn on and off manually. To hear alexa, I need to turn it on. But I dont want to have the sound system turned on all day. Please bring an option where I can tell alexa to answer via the echos speaker and play the music via headphone jack, that would be much appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Read ALL the language settings of the mobile!

I have in my mobile set the following languages in THIS order:
    - Hungarian
    - German
    - English

The Alexa App however does not check this! Just the default system language Hungarian. So. Because this language is not supported, English will be set for the app. Why? It should take the first applicable, and this is German (living in Austria). Please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring multi-room support to Ecobee 5 Smart Thermostat.

Ecobee thermostats include echo (alexa) functionality for many of the feature set including the ability to play music. However it cannot be added to a speaker group in the Alexa app. Ecobee development, has posted this is due to limitations from Amazon.

Please work with Ecobee to add this functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. An advanced web editor for routines

My idea has two parts:
    1. Add a web editor for routines also on alexa.amazon.* that works like android/iOS app editor
    2. Add also an "advanced mode" where you can directly write code and, maybe, add more complex logic, variables ecc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Number of digits in slot

Add a validation for number of digits in Number Slot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base