Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to program "volume controls" into a routine; for example ramp up the music in a wake up routine.

Make it possible to program "volume controls" into a routine; for example ramp up the music in a wake up routine. I'm using a routine to help my aged mother-in-law get going in the morning while I am at the gym, so that I don't have to start from scratch when I get home. But her complaint is that it is too abrupt. It could also be useful ramping down at the end of the evening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the "Alexa for Your Day" a feature that can be turned off.

I'm extremely disappointed with the operating system of the new Echo Show 10. Unlike the other display features like weather or news there is no way to stop the "Alexa for Your Day" from displaying. I like seeing my pictures on all of my current Echo Shows, but with the new Echo Show 10 I see one of my pictures then I see the "Alexa for Your Day." Please make it a feature I'm able to turn off. It's very annoying to see the "Alexa for Your Day." in between my pictures.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "what song is playing?" information to a radio skill

skills like TuneIn or Spotify, when I command Alexa "what song is playing?", returns me "You're listening to [name] from [author, podcast]. How do I implement this in my radio skill?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adaptative sound level

Hello,
    Alexa speaks too loudly or not enough depending on the ambient noise. A volume which will adapt according to the ambient noise would be a great.
    Thanks,
    Philippe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Analytics metrics for notifications

Our skill uses the Proactive Events API to send periodic notifications to the user. It would be great if we had a metrics on the Analytics dashboard to evaluate the number of notifications sent to the user, the number of notifications received by the user and the number of notifications read by the user. This will in turn help developers evaluate the skill response and build better skills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alexa alarm turn device such as a light on when alarm goes off

When you set an alarm and set it to play the radio, it would be good if you could get that alarm to turn on a device such as a light at the same time.

I currently have an alarm set, but then have to have a route created for the same time as the alarm to turn on the bedroom light. It would be great if this can be done in an alarm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow more than one customised action in a routine

Currently you can have one customised action at the end of a routine. It would be great if we could have more than one and have them anywhere in the routine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Limit available skills on Specific Alexa device

This is more Alexa core capability, but I would like to see the ability to assign specific skills or routines to specific Alexa devices. For example, if I put an Alexa in my garage, limit the capabilities to playing music and outside lights, so if someone is outside my garage and they yell a command to disable my alarm, it wouldn’t respond.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mirror mobile screen echo show

I have a baby monitor motorola camera which unfortunatelly can only cast to my mobile, as workaround to avoid having my phone at hand everywhere, I leave the phone charging and stream my phone screen to one TV via chromecast. I would like to be able to stream my phone screen to alexa as it would be a better screen for this purpose (and others of course)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bluetooth connection announcement

I know this has been noted ad nauseam, but I would like to request that there is a way to turn Alexa's announcement that it is connected to my computer each time it wakes up. I bought a new system, and instead of having a multitude of wires attached to it for speakers, I found that I could use my device as a Bluetooth speaker. I have my Echo set up will full volume, and I adjust levels with my computer. As a result, I get full blast "Alexa is connected to user's Mac Pro." It's quite irritating.

I was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can you add a swear jar? the command could be "add coin to swear jar"

assign swear jars to family members and ask Alexa to add coins/dollars

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mutiple skill invocation name

Need to provide an alternative to invoke a skill with multiple names instead of single name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto duck support in APLA Mixer

Auto duck is a popular feature in audio mixing software like Audacity; it allows a track (A) to play at a desired volume while there is silence on another track (B). Whenever track B is NOT silent, track A automatically reduces its volume, allowing track B to be heard clearly, and both tracks to continue uninterrupted. A automatically returns to its default volume when B is silent once again, and so on for the duration of the track(s).

Example:

Track A: background music
    Track B: voiceover (VO) track - spoken phrases separated by variable-length periods of silence.
    This use case…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sunset offset greater than 60 minutes.

Allow the sunset trigger to be offset by more than 60 minutes, similar to other platforms which allow greater control. Today I have to use a 3rd party to complete a task at sunset minus 90 and can only use Alexa at sunset minus 60. I'd prefer to keep this completely within Alexa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have analytic scores show which Alexa device customers are using

When seeing your analytics for skill, put in a way to see if customers are using it on a screen or not. To see if there's more engagement with your skill if they see graphics or not (from the APL)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow skill invocation during a call or allow triggering external events during a call

I have a relative who is disabled and needs a way to mute her tv, when a call comes in on Alexa. Would be helpful to allow for triggering external events upon call start/stop, or allow ability to execute skills during a call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Music Skills API for the Spanish(US) locale

Hi, it will be great to be able to create Music Skills for spanish speakers in the USA.

By the way, Music Skills API works great for english speakers in the USA!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Handing off to..." Introduction Line

The skill for our Credit Union recently had an introduction line added to Alexa's verbiage once the skill is invoked. Previously, when the skill was invoked Alexa would respond by saying 'Welcome to USE Credit Union'.

Now, once invoked, Alexa says "Handing off to USE Credit Union (skill name) by USE Credit Union (company name). Welcome to USE Credit Union (skill name)."

As you can see, the addition of the 'Handing off to..." introduction line makes for a very redundant and strange user experience. I'm hoping there will be the option to remove this line some time soon.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spelling, user pronounciation, annunciation input to Alexa

Hi,

(I hope this is in the correct section, otherwise please move it appropriately. Thanks)

I would value being able to spell words into Alexa.

Understandably, after losing a tooth, it was clear that Alexa had more difficulty understanding me.

I couldn't find a way to spell a word into Alexa, which would make my question get an answer.

Perhaps it already exists?
    I would appreciate knowing how to do this, but if not may I put this forward as a feature I'd value.

Thanks

Pete

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. a built-in slot for special characters

Need a built-in slot that accepts special characters such as .,/@#%&$*()!"':;<>? , as Alexa couldn't read them as characters but reads them as words like (dot, at, comma, etc.)
    Please Help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base