Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow access skills from another region/language

More than 1 million Bulgarian immigrants scattered across the globe are struggling to preserve their cultural identity/heritage and to pass it over to their children. There are Alexa skills (like "Bulgarian library" skill) which could help them teach BG-language to their children however currently Amazon does not allow access to this skill from anywhere except US,UK,CA,AU. Most of the world (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc) has no access to it. So, in this case splitting the globe into regions makes no sense whatsoever.

Would be greatly appreciated by thousands of people IF Amazon allows access to skills which are outside…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  10 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto duck support in APLA Mixer

Auto duck is a popular feature in audio mixing software like Audacity; it allows a track (A) to play at a desired volume while there is silence on another track (B). Whenever track B is NOT silent, track A automatically reduces its volume, allowing track B to be heard clearly, and both tracks to continue uninterrupted. A automatically returns to its default volume when B is silent once again, and so on for the duration of the track(s).

Example:

Track A: background music
    Track B: voiceover (VO) track - spoken phrases separated by variable-length periods of silence.
    This use case…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  24 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Vietnamese language

Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  34 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow development skills to be used in routines.

Allow development skills to be used in routines. If we develop a skill, and haven't published it yet, but it is enable and active on our devices then we should be able to use it within a routine (obviously on our own devices).

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  26 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 30 second audio / video preview of skill

To help users decide whether a skill should be used it would be great to have a 30 second audio clip with a promo / preview of a skill.

Similar to how the app store has videos or images of apps the user can listen before committing to enabling or invoking the skill.

These clips would surface in three places:

1. On the skills directory page in the Alexa App

2. On the skills directory page in the amazon website

3. As an option to listen to when Alexa recommends a skill

The audio clip would be uploaded / submitted during the submission…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

542 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  320 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. private skill routine

Please allow beta tester to be able to add private skills to Routine.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for Any Device placed into a Group with Echo Device

There are multiple Asks from other Users over a number years, yet Amazon isn’t acting or reacting.

Alexa Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for any device placed in a group + Echo device, to control using natural utterance as long as it is in a group using the object name. (same as lights/switches).

Alexa supports Lights, Switches, Thermostats - today. However myself and many others would like to Control the devices we choose to insert into a group with natural utterances, regardless if they are a Blind/Shade, Awning, Fan, drape etc but use the objects name vs having to utter Alexa…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications for Custom skill

I have implemented a custom skill for Smoke&CO detector and now I am trying to add/implement notifications for Alexa Echo device when ever detector raises an alarm. I don't find any feasibility to do this either Proactive events/ notifications api. If this is not possible I recommend this feature to be added

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Other e-mails for skill certification.

Allow developers to add multiple email addresses in the Dev consul under the certification tab to receive feedback pertaining to the skill. In addition place the feedback in the certification tab instead of just having a general message that is of no value to the developer.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  7 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Launch the skill after the reminder.

I want the reminder API to be able to launch skills via Skill Connections, like the timer API.

For example
    1. The reminder rang.
    2. Alexa Skill has launched.
    3. Alexa said. Did you do it?
    4. User said. Did not do.
    5. Alexa said. Then when do you do it?
    6. User said. 3 days later. / 5 days later. / others. (Irregular)
    7. Alexa Skill has set a new reminder.

I want to create such skills.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need an Echo Show with HDMI out.

This is the killer device that everyone is looking for. Echo Show is great, but the screen is too small. Sound is great from the Echo Show itself so you wouldn't need to use the TV sound, thus avoiding feedback issues etc. due to latency in the TV. Two way video calling is a lot different with a big screen, enabling family conversations and a more natural experience than you get when handholding a device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transfer audio to another device

Move audio to another device, i.e. I’m done in the kitchen and want to continue listening in the dining room. “Alexa,follow me to the dining room.”

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show installed skill icons on echo show home screen like a tablet or phone does

Lots of wasted space. Help out skill developers by providing a visual reminder of what skills they've used in the past.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. serial number & Password

As an option to existing contacts lists etc, Alexa (especially Echo Show) be set up for an "access password"
    This is separate to user password. Any user with both serial number and access password can vieo call to device (i.e. echo show). This would mean that families can exchange Serial Numbers and Access Passwords and instantly videocall the devices which have exchanged serial numbers and passwords. User can change Password at any time tto kill all existing permissions witth Access Password.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. outdoor temperature alert

"Alexa alert me when the temperature drops below 50 degrees"

As the seasons change, my animals need to come in earlier/ later. I would like to be able to do that by setting a temp alert instead of a timer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy/save text from cards and answers in Alexa app

You should be able to copy text from cards or Alexa responses in the Alexa app, or be able to save out cards and answers to a file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Dutch Language

Please add Dutch language support for Alexa and make it available in The Netherlands.

You can contact me if there is a beta program or if I can help with voice recognition.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  30 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base