Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. phone to alexa

it would be interesting to have the possibility to activate a skill by pressing a button from an app or by pressing a link on a website.

Here is an example scenario.

The skil "Magnitudine Assoluta" (amzn1.ask.skill.27a6febc-be8c-46ad-94a8-3211d12d87ad) satisfies the user's requests by searching on the website www.magnitudine-assoluta.it the topics desired by the user.

But if the user is comfortably lying on the sofa with the phone in his hand and is browsing the site, he could find an article, understand that he is interested and press a link "Listen with Alexa", which somehow activates an intent of the skill on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alexa to play audio and listen at the same time

can Alexa listen and play audio at the same time?

This could be in a quiz format for example, Alexa asks a quiz question and then plays dramatic/ tense music until the user responds with an answer

For UX reasons, it would be good to avoid making the user use the wake word. I don't really want them to have to start each answer with "Alexa,.." or whatever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make built in APL components to be more flexible

My use case requires image lists in APL but with some custom styling to match branding. It would be great if I could override some of the styles in an AlexaImageList component to get the benefit of all the existing responsive behaviour and at the same time, apply required colors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow outDir and build command for Alexa hosted skill

When using Alexa hosted skill there's no ability to define the
    "outDir": "dist" instead a hardcoded index.js is always used. While this isn't a blocker it's not a great experience.

It would be nice to define a build command when the deploy happens for example in package.json under scripts like the following

npm run compile

which would then compile the TypeScript source code in the src directory and output it to the dist directory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Golang ASK SDK (Custom + Smart Home)

I have been developing Smart Home Skills in Golang and would like to move into a hybrid model (Custom + Smart Home).
    I realized that the SDKs for the various features in the Custom Alexa Skills are available in Java, Python, and Javascript.

Considering the skills are triggered through Lambda functions and Golang is a supported platform, could you let me know if a Go SDK might be on your roadmap? It will help to decide the course of further development.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Alexa Conversations support for English (CA)

Please add support for English (CA) locale for Alexa Conversations.
    I just developed a custom skill using Alexa Conversations here in Canada and I can't even download it onto devices here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. deploy skill to a new profile

Currently it's not possible to use the profile to deploy an Alexa skill to a second AWS account. The aim of this feature to enable this capability in ask-cli to use ask deploy --profile command to deploy the skill to a new account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. timer smarthome

Capability to Set timer and Get timer on Non cooking appliances should be added.

Like to set timer on Laundry appliances or dish appliances and get time remaining on those appliances.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Access to raw speach-to-text input

I am creating a skill that needs to work in a mix mode environment: One that takes advantage of Alexa's natural language engine (slots/intents) and one that allows me to handle raw user input as text. Could it be possible to integrate "Amazon Transcribe" with Alexa to achieve this? I have implemented a work around using dynamic entities but the processing time makes the transaction too slow and impractical as an app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. APL Transform Rotate Y and X on 2D objects

I would like to see more CSS transforms for animation commands such as transform: rotateY() or rotateX on 2D objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Access to User Response Audio Clip

I need access to the user response audio clip in order to map intonations, pitch, speed, etc. Please prioritize enriching the ASK SDK with a method to retrieve the audio response clip and ability to save the audio clip to a json, mp3, or wav file for processing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow visual skill developers to hold the screen open without resorting to APL "delay" commands

The only way to hold a skill open (as far as I can tell) is to use long-running APL "delay" commands. I've also heard of people playing a silent audio file to prevent closure. This is not great. Can we have a feature to explicitly hold the session open until the user closes it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Alarm feature in custom Alexa skill

Please allow us to create custom alarm skill so that we can create really cool features with that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add currency slot type

add currency slot type

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a skill developer I want to switch between different apl versions on my own device

As a skill developer, I have no way to reproduce a problem of an older APL version on my own device. I want to be able to choose which APL Runtime my device runs with to fix problems or to ensure better backward compatibility.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Script or API for skill analytics

After creating multiple skills, it's really painful to check analytics dashboard one by one for metrics. Analytics API or script can save our life

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SpeakItem element that is being read

Provide ability to know the SpeakItem element that is currently being read (and being notified about it). Why? To keep the state, and when the user activate the skill again, it can start reading from the last SpeakItem element.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. outbound calling

Please add the feature whereby a particular utterance would invoke Alexa to make an outbound call to a hard-coded phone number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. APL: Add the ordinalText parameter to AlexaTextListItem

AlexaTextListItem's layout includes AlexaOrdinal. The latter has the parameter ordinalText. It would be nice to add to AlexaTextListItem the same parameter and pass it to the internal AlexaOrdinal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base