Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Standard Built-in Intent: PurchaseIntent

ISP requires a "purchase"-intent to be available in the interaction model, currently every developer implements his own "purchase"-intent with his own utterances. This is not user friendly, as a user cannot rely on being able to use learned utterances from "skill A" in "skill B". So my idea is a new standard built-in "PurchaseIntent".

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjust Screen Brightness through Voice Command

As someone who uses my echo show as a television it frustrates me greatly that I can’t for instance say “Alexa, set screen brightness to 1”

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support multi-value slots for AMAZON.NUMBER

If I create a multi-value slot using AMAZON.NUMBER, I don't get a conjunction of separate values. E.g. if my utterance includes "1, 2, and 3" instead of getting the conjoined value "1 2 3", I get the number 123. Multi-value slots should work if the slot type is AMAZON.NUMBER.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Feature Requests, Bugs, and Feedbacks Built-In Intents

Why not letting the user directly submit feature requests, leave feedbacks and report bugs?
    We know that the most important thing that allows a developer to build a high-quality product is the feedback from the end-user.
    Receiving them during the beta-testing phase or submitted through email from the user may not be enough and its not simple, fast and fun.
    For every custom skill, i would like to use Built-In Intents, example:

AMAZON.FeatureRequestIntent:

• User: "Alexa, tell {skill_name} that i would like to leave a feedback"

• Alexa: "Please tell me more"

• User: "I would really appreciate if i could {action...}"

• Alexa:…
    3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a Dictionary Built-in Slot Type

Add a Dictionary Built-in Slot Type. This would allow a slot to be filled with any word in the dictionary. The Alexa Lists allow this. For example, I can say Alexa, add _____ to my shopping list. I would like to allow my skill to ask for any word and then process it in the backend. In order to simulate this, I need to use up the allowed characters in my slot definition. If it was built-in, it would probably allow more words, would be faster and would not use any of my allowed characters.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make better guesses when AMAZON.musician and AMAZON.musicalRecording are in the same intent

Right now AMAZON.musician and AMAZON.musicalRecording are chosen independently when the context of the two together could be used to make better guesses.

Yesterday, my skill heard "Wonderful Night" by "Eric Clapton" and caused an error. There's no reason Alexa shouldn't be able to assume that I meant "Wonderful TOnight", a song by Eric Clapton.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Concatenate Alexa commands using reserved key/words like 'AND THEN'

Immagine you need to shut down the bedroom light AND THEN turn on the TV AND THEN rise up the volume ETC...

Right now you have to say:
    Alexa... shut down the bedroom light... wait... OK....
    Alexa... turn on the TV ... wait... OK....
    Alexa... rise up the volume on the TV ... wait... OK...

It would be wonderful to be able to concatenate Alexa actions, using some custom words like: COMMAND0 ['AND THEN' COMMAND1] ...['AND THEN' COMMAND_N]

The word should be unique and it's higly suggested to be considered a RESERVED key which developer might not use…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a way programmatically perform the "backButton" action, e.g. from AMAZON.PreviousIntent

Currently, the skill developer must handle the AMAZON.PreviousIntent, but I expect that in most cases, all that is wanted is to verbally invoke the existing backButton behavior.
    Developer can keep track of the path and slot data that led the user to each page/context, and then reverse back through that list, but it would sure be a lot cleaner and easier if there was a way to just call the handler connected to the back button in the top left corner of the screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stopping Alexa from concatenating numbers for a particular slot

When a user says, "six five two eight one", Alexa provides the value as 65281. This is great for calculators and phone numbers.

I'm writing a skill that reads passages from the King James Bible. It would be natural for the users of my skill to ask for "John three sixteen". Unfortunately for me, that comes to my intent code as "John 316". I could interpret that one case, but there are others that would be indeterminate.

I'd like a way to turn off the number concatenation for one slot of an intent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable reference based url catalog update

As for now, in order to update a catalog with new slot values, we have to create a new version of that catalog and then update the skill model, changing the version of the catalog of the slot it is referred to.

It would be great if we can update the catalog maintaining the same version so that we don't have to change the skill model.

There is already an api to update catalog version but it will only update the name or the description of the catalog and not the content.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increase catalog size limit

Using Reference based ur catalog for populating slots is cool but there is a 4MB limitation of the catalog size.

Considering that most of this 4MB are json overhead, I think that the limit can be increased.

In addition, we can define up to 50k values for slots in interaction model but sometimes 4MB are not enough even for 50k values

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make CanFulfillIntentRequest available in other regions.

I can see that CanFulfillIntentRequest been available in the USA for over a year, but what about other regions like the UK? This would REALLY improve discoverability and make it more accessible for people with disabilities and special needs without having to enable the skill first.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mediaMetadata

Some interfaces of smart home skill like "ALEXA.MediaMetadata" has support only from en-US locale so it is quite difficult for developers to use these interfaces from other locales as well. Is there any method to make use of these interfaces?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve dynamic entities

Improve dynamic entities increasing the 100 value limit and the 30 minutes caching

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Making a CatchAll slot

At the moment there isn't the possibility to use a CatchAll slot.

We can use SearchQuery but only if there isn't any custom slot in the utterance.

It would be great if there is the possibility to use a slot that can catch everything

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow "until 7 PM" for AMAZON.DURATION slot

Let the AMAZON.DURATION slot process indirect durations from offsets of the current time.

For example, it is currently 2 PM and I elicit an AMAZON.DURATION slot from a user with a prompt like "How long would you like to stay?"

Most users will respond with a duration like "4 hours" or "30 minutes", but we've done some testing and some users would respond with an offset like "until 7 PM".

Could Alexa provide a match for AMAZON.DURATION slot with a value of "PT5H" in this scenario, because 7 PM is 5 hours from now (2PM)?

If you use an AMAZON.TIME…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow longer responses for AMAZON.SearchQuery

Our skill uses SearchQuery in order to accept a "free-form" and unstructured response from the user. However, the SearchQuery intent is still restricted to the 8 second response limit. This can be confusing for users, as the user has no way of knowing that the 8 second limit exists or how long they have been talking for. To make things worse, Alexa will actually let you talk for longer than 8 seconds but will reject the response if it was longer than the limit. If no reprompt is set, the skill is terminated and the user is left with no…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fallback

I would like to know the utterances that triggered Fallback intent so that I can improve my skill over time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deactivate intents directive depending on context

Depending on the state of the user discussion, It could be useful to be able to deactivate on the fly some intents, by sending an appropriate directive, to restrict the intents matching possibilities and make the intent selection more efficient.

For instance, if I have a skill with the following intents:
    - ListPossibleGames
    - StartAGame
    - ProvideGameAnswer
    If my game have two states: ChooseGame and Playing.
    It could be useful, to deactivate the ProvideGameAnswer intent when being in ChooseGame state, and to disable the two others when being in Playing state. This way, Alexa will never retrieve by accident an…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slot for IPV4 address

IP address slot

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base