Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow access skills from another region/language

More than 1 million Bulgarian immigrants scattered across the globe are struggling to preserve their cultural identity/heritage and to pass it over to their children. There are Alexa skills (like "Bulgarian library" skill) which could help them teach BG-language to their children however currently Amazon does not allow access to this skill from anywhere except US,UK,CA,AU. Most of the world (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc) has no access to it. So, in this case splitting the globe into regions makes no sense whatsoever.

Would be greatly appreciated by thousands of people IF Amazon allows access to skills which are outside…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  15 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Hyperlink in Descriptions

I write the URL of "Share Routine" in the description field.
    And You can share "Routine" by clicking on the hyperlink.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the "Alexa for Your Day" a feature that can be turned off.

I'm extremely disappointed with the operating system of the new Echo Show 10. Unlike the other display features like weather or news there is no way to stop the "Alexa for Your Day" from displaying. I like seeing my pictures on all of my current Echo Shows, but with the new Echo Show 10 I see one of my pictures then I see the "Alexa for Your Day." Please make it a feature I'm able to turn off. It's very annoying to see the "Alexa for Your Day." in between my pictures.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Alexa app users to reorder/rearrange items in their lists

Not being able to order items in a shopping list makes it a painful experience to use the list while out shopping.

You continually have to scroll up and down your list to check whether the aisle you're in at the supermarket is one that contains something on your list.

Or sometimes you have a large shopping list, but only need to grab a few things - but without being able to move these higher priority items to the top of the list there's not way to indicate this.

Giving users the ability to reorder their list items would improve…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto duck support in APLA Mixer

Auto duck is a popular feature in audio mixing software like Audacity; it allows a track (A) to play at a desired volume while there is silence on another track (B). Whenever track B is NOT silent, track A automatically reduces its volume, allowing track B to be heard clearly, and both tracks to continue uninterrupted. A automatically returns to its default volume when B is silent once again, and so on for the duration of the track(s).

Example:

Track A: background music
    Track B: voiceover (VO) track - spoken phrases separated by variable-length periods of silence.
    This use case…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Alexa.ContactSensor and Alexa.MotionSensor available for en-gb users

The ContactSensor and MotionSensor types are available in many regions but not the en-gb locale. Given that the security panel controller is available in en-gb it would bring a large benefit to users to be able to utilise the contact & motion sensor functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  24 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow development skills to be used in routines.

Allow development skills to be used in routines. If we develop a skill, and haven't published it yet, but it is enable and active on our devices then we should be able to use it within a routine (obviously on our own devices).

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  26 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Personalized songs/story with name

Love to hear few songs in personalized name, for example a very common use case is birthday songs where Alexa can personalize with name of person whose birthday.
    Can be simply implemented with name place holder for few songs where personalization is possible.
    Same concept can be applied for few story books where character name can be personalized to kids name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. webAPI start skill connections by tapping

I have a skill that uses skill connections to transfer users to other skills.

This skill uses webAPI for its visuals and I'd like the user to be able to commence the skill connection via touch.

This is possible via APL but not currently via webAPI. It would be good if this was supported for webAPI skills too as APL doesn't support the level of animation or continuous background music provided in our webapp.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. WebAPI audio volume should match native Alexa voice #hygienefix

Currently the volume of Alexa's voice when provided through webAPI transformers is quieter than the native Alexa voice which skills that use webAPI harder for customers to understand.

You can partially solve this by increasing the gain of the TTS file you receive but it clips and sounds low quality compared to Alexa's native voice.

Fixing this would improve the usability and quality of webAPI skills (as users will be able to hear them better and the audio will sound better) and will prevent the user needing to stop the skill in order to change the volume.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Amazon.searchQuery with Alexa's result-based suggestions so that the user can respond based on the results

I need help with Alexa implementation.

That is, I want Amazon.searchQuery to return results from Alexa so that the user can respond based on the results.

The conversation should continue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine

It will be better for the user, to add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine instead of creating separately.

For example:

A user creates a routine named "I'm home". The tasks under this routine will be executed when the user says to Alexa "Alexa, I'm home".

However, the user may also say

"Alexa, I'm back" or
    "Alexa, I return home" or
    "Alexa, I enter in sweet home" or
    "Alexa, I enter home" or
    "Alexa, I'm back to my room" or
    "Alexa, I just arrive" or
    "Alexa, I arrive home" or
    "Alexa, I reach…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. private skill routine

Please allow beta tester to be able to add private skills to Routine.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Vietnamese language

Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  34 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support 12 hour time format for SSML 'time' interpretations

Right now, if you have an AMAZON.Time slot, for example, and you have read back that slot value in a confirmation, even if you use a say-as interpret-as "time", the readout will be in military / 24 hour time rather than 12 hour time which is what most people would use conversationally.

For example, if I say "One thirty PM" in a slot, the playback in the confirmation will be "Thirteen Thirty".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alexa being able to stop timers/alarms rather than audio on Sonos or External Media Playback

Alexa, stop the timer (without stopping music/TV audio).

When I am listening to the TV via a Sonos AMP I find that if someone else in the home says "Alexa, Stop" to an Alarm or Timer that the sound on my Sonos device stops rather than the timer or alarm they are trying to dismiss. Alexa should set Timers and Alarms to be the most prominent for stop commands to avoid this conflict.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Speak battery level of tablet/smartphone devices for the sight impaired

A very simple command such as "Alexa, battery" to report battery level. Would be very helpful to those who are sight-impaired and use tablets for audiobook play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to put in breaklines in ISP JSON file for long descriptions

Be able to put in breaklines in ISP JSON file for long descriptions. It works when you edit the skill.json file when you write content in the Description box on your skill so the same should be applied for description boxes of an ISP product.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base