Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow access skills from another region/language

More than 1 million Bulgarian immigrants scattered across the globe are struggling to preserve their cultural identity/heritage and to pass it over to their children. There are Alexa skills (like "Bulgarian library" skill) which could help them teach BG-language to their children however currently Amazon does not allow access to this skill from anywhere except US,UK,CA,AU. Most of the world (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc) has no access to it. So, in this case splitting the globe into regions makes no sense whatsoever.

Would be greatly appreciated by thousands of people IF Amazon allows access to skills which are outside…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Hyperlink in Descriptions

I write the URL of "Share Routine" in the description field.
    And You can share "Routine" by clicking on the hyperlink.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  13 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the "Alexa for Your Day" a feature that can be turned off.

I'm extremely disappointed with the operating system of the new Echo Show 10. Unlike the other display features like weather or news there is no way to stop the "Alexa for Your Day" from displaying. I like seeing my pictures on all of my current Echo Shows, but with the new Echo Show 10 I see one of my pictures then I see the "Alexa for Your Day." Please make it a feature I'm able to turn off. It's very annoying to see the "Alexa for Your Day." in between my pictures.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto duck support in APLA Mixer

Auto duck is a popular feature in audio mixing software like Audacity; it allows a track (A) to play at a desired volume while there is silence on another track (B). Whenever track B is NOT silent, track A automatically reduces its volume, allowing track B to be heard clearly, and both tracks to continue uninterrupted. A automatically returns to its default volume when B is silent once again, and so on for the duration of the track(s).

Example:

Track A: background music
    Track B: voiceover (VO) track - spoken phrases separated by variable-length periods of silence.
    This use case…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support combination of trimToParent and FadeOut in APLA

In current APL for Audio 0.9 we can use duration="trimToParent" in a mixer to let a background track stop as soon as some parallel track with speech is finished.
    This results in an abrupt break of sound before the next prompt.
    Often it is desireable to let background music or sounds fade out softly for a smoother listening experience.
    The FadeOut-Filter currently doesn't work as needed in conjunction with "trimToParent".
    So please support it in a future version of APLA.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Alexa.ContactSensor and Alexa.MotionSensor available for en-gb users

The ContactSensor and MotionSensor types are available in many regions but not the en-gb locale. Given that the security panel controller is available in en-gb it would bring a large benefit to users to be able to utilise the contact & motion sensor functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  24 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine

It will be better for the user, to add more than one statement as alternative voice command in the same Alexa Routine instead of creating separately.

For example:

A user creates a routine named "I'm home". The tasks under this routine will be executed when the user says to Alexa "Alexa, I'm home".

However, the user may also say

"Alexa, I'm back" or
    "Alexa, I return home" or
    "Alexa, I enter in sweet home" or
    "Alexa, I enter home" or
    "Alexa, I'm back to my room" or
    "Alexa, I just arrive" or
    "Alexa, I arrive home" or
    "Alexa, I reach…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. private skill routine

Please allow beta tester to be able to add private skills to Routine.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow development skills to be used in routines.

Allow development skills to be used in routines. If we develop a skill, and haven't published it yet, but it is enable and active on our devices then we should be able to use it within a routine (obviously on our own devices).

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  26 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Vietnamese language

Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  34 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 30 second audio / video preview of skill

To help users decide whether a skill should be used it would be great to have a 30 second audio clip with a promo / preview of a skill.

Similar to how the app store has videos or images of apps the user can listen before committing to enabling or invoking the skill.

These clips would surface in three places:

1. On the skills directory page in the Alexa App

2. On the skills directory page in the amazon website

3. As an option to listen to when Alexa recommends a skill

The audio clip would be uploaded / submitted during the submission…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

550 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  327 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. outdoor temperature alert

"Alexa alert me when the temperature drops below 50 degrees"

As the seasons change, my animals need to come in earlier/ later. I would like to be able to do that by setting a temp alert instead of a timer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for Any Device placed into a Group with Echo Device

There are multiple Asks from other Users over a number years, yet Amazon isn’t acting or reacting.

Alexa Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for any device placed in a group + Echo device, to control using natural utterance as long as it is in a group using the object name. (same as lights/switches).

Alexa supports Lights, Switches, Thermostats - today. However myself and many others would like to Control the devices we choose to insert into a group with natural utterances, regardless if they are a Blind/Shade, Awning, Fan, drape etc but use the objects name vs having to utter Alexa…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow skills developers to invoke developing skills from routines

Currently, only published skills can be invoked from routines. This creates difficulties in skills testing because it is impossible to test how a skill will behave being invoked from a routine. It would be easier if a routine will be able to invoke a skill in published and developing mode as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Respond to “thank you” the same as “stop”

When a timer or alarm goes off, I instinctively say “Alexa, thank you”. Alexa says “you’re welcome” then carries on with the alarm sound. Maybe it’s a British thing, but when I say thank you to something I feel it should stop there. “Alexa, stop” seems very impolite.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make my own audio file for alarms

I’d like to be able to move an audio file into the lists of alarm sounds available. So I could wake up to a customized file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Read ALL the language settings of the mobile!

I have in my mobile set the following languages in THIS order:
    - Hungarian
    - German
    - English

The Alexa App however does not check this! Just the default system language Hungarian. So. Because this language is not supported, English will be set for the app. Why? It should take the first applicable, and this is German (living in Austria). Please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base