Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

How can we improve Alexa Skill development services and tools?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add user's original text (the ASR result) to Request Body

Add user's original text (the ASR result) to Request Body.
    I'm developing a game skill,which has many questions with several option.I need user's orginal text to match the option .

2 votes
    Sign in

Sign in with a provider below:

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better audio quality in audio tag

Audio quality in audio tags is abysmal. Audio is already limited to 90 sec in total and max 5 tags in ssml. That is fine, but the biggest issue is that It is really hard to produce good sounding audio with these restrictions (mp3/16khz/48kbps). It would be great if these restrictions would be increased, to as much as possible. This would help to build more engaging skills with great audio inserts.

5 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to disable recording of specific user utterance?

Is there any way we can disable recording of specific user utterance by Alexa. As part of a security requirement, the user might utter a security PIN(not to be confused with Alexa PIN) which needs to be validated in the lambda. But this security PIN(or this specific utterance) should not get recorded by Alexa. Is this feature available in Alexa ?

4 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. API for Alexa Voice Profiles

The Alexa Voice Profiles feature released recently is a great and awesome feature to have. Can you please have API for Alexa Voice Profiles so that we can use it in our Skills to perform a certain action based on the voice of the user and also customize response per user.

3 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow new skill session after audio stream has completed

Currently if a user streams audio via the skill there is no friendly way to get back to the skill without the user saying an invocation command.

I'd propose a way to allow a skill to open a new session, allowing speechOutput after the PlaybackNearlyFinished or PlaybackFinished events occur in the AudioPlayer interface.

There are a couple use-cases for this:

1) A podcast skill where it would be beneficially to ask the user if they'd like to listen to the next episode.
    2) Give some information about the next episode before it begins to play
    3) Provide a purchase opportunity…

3 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable Display interface on Fire TV devices other than the Cube

Enable Display interface on Fire TV devices

Currently: Fire TV Cube supports the Display interface. Other Fire TV devices do not currently support the Display interface. It would be nice if they did since it would be a larger market.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to disable skill timeout while developing

Provide an option to disable skill timeout while developing Alexa apps. This would allow code to be debugged from end to end without receiving "The requested skill took too long to respond". It is not currently possible to step through code and review the output in the simulator without sending multiple requests.

It would be incredibly valuable to allow the timeout to be optional while a skill is being developed.

4 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Skill Earnings month selection dropdown is broken

On the skill earnings tab of the Alexa developer console, there is a dropdown to select the month and year for which you'd like to view earnings. The default is to the current month, and the dropdown is ordered sequentially.

Unfortunately, the dropdown's height seems to be locked to the height of the div behind it, so if the div behind it is small, several months towards the end of the year get cut off from the drop down, and there is no scroll bar (or middle-button scroll) on the dropdown, making it impossible to select the elements at the…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access the web browser in my Echo Show skill?

I would like to start a bookmarked video or web application by voice in my skill.

2 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a German speechcon for "Menno".

Please add the German "Menno" to the German speechcons. I really need that! :-)

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request: Allow ISP Entitlement below 99 cents

I have a new skill which is getting great traffic. It has an ISP Entitlement option offering additional content. I am seeing MANY customers opening the purchase intent, but when they hear the price, they are saying "No" to actually purchase.

I think this is because there is a mentality that amazon skills are free and they don't want to pay anything. I decided to lower price down to 49 center (which I guess would be 30 cents for Prime Members). I expected this would net me 19 cents on each purcahse.

My logic was that I would rather have…

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow to add custom channels in Video Skills

At the moment there is a hardcoded list of channels in the video skill. It should be possible to add new channels to the list.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support DRM Streams in VideoAppLaunchDirective

Video Streams with DRM will lead to an error on Echo Show

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Privilege Last Used Skill in Follow Up Mode (when relevant)

In follow up mode, Alexa continues to listen for a while after the skill closed (session is ended) and detects if there's a relevant follow up request for the user. This is designed to relieve the user from having to say, "Alexa....."

It's logical to assume that if the user makes a request in follow-up mode that can be handled by the previous skill (e.g., they ask for another stock price fact after having just used 'my great stock price skill', they would expect that skill to return the response.

This is not how it works now. Even the the…

4 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a "Flash Briefing error" webhook for developers

It would be great to be notified if there any of our Live Flash Briefing skills experience an error on the users' Echo device.

We provide a custom error message that gets read to the customer, but the developer doesn't get notified when an error occurs. If a webhook was provided, developers could collect stats and setup alerts so we're aware of errors.

At the moment, the only indication something is wrong is by viewing the analytics for EACH flash briefing. Since there is no analytics API for flash briefing skills at this time this also is a manual process.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alexa Gadgets Toolkit - use a Gadget to trigger a response

All the capabilities in this Alexa Gadget Toolkit announcement are focused around triggering gadget behaviors based on Alexa-initiated events. What about the other way around? Please make it possible to have a Gadget trigger a response from Alexa.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove the limitation for maximum 5 audio elements in SSML response

Please remove this limitation. I have so many cool ideas that has been limited by this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. unlink account from ask sdk

It would be great, If we have any functionality available to unlink account from ask sdk. If there is any security lapse, we should be able to unlink the user account from the skill using ask sdk.

This feature can be used implement security requirements like the one described in the below topic

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/171861/unlinking-an-account-after-3-incorrect-attempts.html

3 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add multi-language compatibility in the same speechOutput phrase

When developing a skill in non-english language (e.g. Spanish), many times our skill needs to speak back to the user with a name or an english native word that doesn't have a local translation or that you want the skill to pronounce correctly in English.

Case 1: Names

"Hola, el nombre del autor es Miles Peter Andrews"

I'd really love if my skill would not butcher the name of that author like it does right now when trying to say that in Spanish mode.

Case 2: Teaching English Skills

"Hoy vamos a aprender voz pasiva. Repite conmigo: The lunch was…

8 votes
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make calling and messaging API available

Allow combination of addRenderTemplateDirective and Other DialogDirectives. RIght now you cannot combine a addRenderTemplateDirective snf any other dialog directives but it would be great if you could.

1 vote
    Sign in

• amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base