Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Vietnamese language

Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

153 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  30 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

170 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  16 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

491 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  288 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow development skills to be used in routines.

Allow development skills to be used in routines. If we develop a skill, and haven't published it yet, but it is enable and active on our devices then we should be able to use it within a routine (obviously on our own devices).

60 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  16 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Other e-mails for skill certification.

Allow developers to add multiple email addresses in the Dev consul under the certification tab to receive feedback pertaining to the skill. In addition place the feedback in the certification tab instead of just having a general message that is of no value to the developer.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  7 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Standard Built-in Intent: PurchaseIntent

ISP requires a "purchase"-intent to be available in the interaction model, currently every developer implements his own "purchase"-intent with his own utterances. This is not user friendly, as a user cannot rely on being able to use learned utterances from "skill A" in "skill B". So my idea is a new standard built-in "PurchaseIntent".

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for Any Device placed into a Group with Echo Device

There are multiple Asks from other Users over a number years, yet Amazon isn’t acting or reacting.

Alexa Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for any device placed in a group + Echo device, to control using natural utterance as long as it is in a group using the object name. (same as lights/switches).

Alexa supports Lights, Switches, Thermostats - today. However myself and many others would like to Control the devices we choose to insert into a group with natural utterances, regardless if they are a Blind/Shade, Awning, Fan, drape etc but use the objects name vs having to utter Alexa…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide barge-in flag on request

As a developer, I would like a field on an incoming intent request payload that tells me whether that request was the result of a barge-in or not.

Rationale:
    Today, there is no way to know whether an incoming intent in a live session was the result of the user completely listening to the previous response, or the result of the user doing a barge-in by invoking their wake word. There are several use cases where this information would be useful, but the two most important are:

1. If you were giving instructions to your user at the end of your…
    12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Dutch Language

Please add Dutch language support for Alexa and make it available in The Netherlands.

You can contact me if there is a beta program or if I can help with voice recognition.

93 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  22 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Transfer audio to another device

Move audio to another device, i.e. I’m done in the kitchen and want to continue listening in the dining room. “Alexa,follow me to the dining room.”

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the volume of all devices

Change the volume of all devices, so you can change the volume of all devices at the same time not only a single device. For example if you wrote a routine called “night time” you could set all devices to a lower preset volume so as not to be so loud. Alternatively in the morning you could say “morning and all devices volume could be increased to a preset volume. And so on

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. multi-room playback support for 3rd party streaming audio skills

multi-room playback support for 3rd party streaming audio skills

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. temperature alarm

The ability for Alexa to use outside temperature as an alarm trigger. "Alexa notify me if the outside temperature is under 72 degrees." A better implementation for Alexa's with a skill like Weather Bug would be "Alexa notify me if the outdoor temperature is [over/under] the indoor temperature." and the perfect implementation would be a standing command to notify me whenever the indoor & outdoor temps transition past each other.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. School Bells

Many teachers are teaching from home. I wish we could tell Alexa our bell schedule and she would ring the bell at the beginning and end of periods. It is badly needed in the pandemic. School children would use it to keep on schedule as well.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support garage door opener in German

Alexa lacks support for garage door openers in German. We have customers requesting this feature. Our skills supports it, but German users cannot use it because Alexa support is absent.

Response from certification team:
    One of the language variants of your Smart Home skill includes functionality that is not yet available for Alexa in that language. Please remove any unsupported functionality from the skill before resubmitting.

Unsupported Functionality: security garage door
    Language(s) Impacted: DE

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide Net Enablements Data

It would be great to understand the total number of people who currently have the skill enabled. Right now we are only given the number of people who enabled the skill each week but there is no information on the number of people who have disabled the skill.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow financial personal information in Europe

As possible in the US from years (see Capital One skill), but also in the UK (Starling Bank), in India (United Bank of India) and in the UAE (Emirates NBD), we'd like Alexa skills to be allowed to access or provide access to personal financial information also in Europe.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Guard to detect Dog barking

I love the fact that the Guard feature will alert me to breaking glass or a smoke detector going off. But it would be even better if it could also let me know if my dog starts barking so that I know to check in to see what is going on.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Temperature Routine Trigger

It would be great if you could trigger a routine based on outdoor temperature since Alexa is already able to fetch local outdoor weather information.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base