Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Vietnamese language

Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

146 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  28 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

145 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  13 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

462 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  268 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow development skills to be used in routines.

Allow development skills to be used in routines. If we develop a skill, and haven't published it yet, but it is enable and active on our devices then we should be able to use it within a routine (obviously on our own devices).

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  15 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Other e-mails for skill certification.

Allow developers to add multiple email addresses in the Dev consul under the certification tab to receive feedback pertaining to the skill. In addition place the feedback in the certification tab instead of just having a general message that is of no value to the developer.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide barge-in flag on request

As a developer, I would like a field on an incoming intent request payload that tells me whether that request was the result of a barge-in or not.

Rationale:
    Today, there is no way to know whether an incoming intent in a live session was the result of the user completely listening to the previous response, or the result of the user doing a barge-in by invoking their wake word. There are several use cases where this information would be useful, but the two most important are:

1. If you were giving instructions to your user at the end of your…
    11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bluetooth "brief mode" turns off device connection notification off

having alexa blast "playing from <device name>" is very annoying and there is not setting to turn it off. I would like to propose that a setting be added or that "brief mode" would mute these bluetooth connection/playing notifications.

There is a question related here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zStJTSA0/how-do-i-stop-alexa-from-telling-me-its-connected-to-my-phone

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Dutch Language

Please add Dutch language support for Alexa and make it available in The Netherlands.

You can contact me if there is a beta program or if I can help with voice recognition.

84 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  19 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. multi-room playback support for 3rd party streaming audio skills

multi-room playback support for 3rd party streaming audio skills

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow financial personal information in Europe

As possible in the US from years (see Capital One skill), but also in the UK (Starling Bank), in India (United Bank of India) and in the UAE (Emirates NBD), we'd like Alexa skills to be allowed to access or provide access to personal financial information also in Europe.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Guard to detect Dog barking

I love the fact that the Guard feature will alert me to breaking glass or a smoke detector going off. But it would be even better if it could also let me know if my dog starts barking so that I know to check in to see what is going on.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. APL functions to retrieve properties of elements

APL functions to retrieve properties of elements would be very helpful.

For example:

Document.getScrollTop();

Element.getOffsetTop('id')
    Element.getOffsetLeft('id')
    Element.getWidth('id')
    Element.getHeight('id')

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Temperature Routine Trigger

It would be great if you could trigger a routine based on outdoor temperature since Alexa is already able to fetch local outdoor weather information.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create widget to access alexa lists

Would like to widget on home screen to access lists

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Written commands in routines

Add ability to add a written command to a routine that would act as if the user spoke a voice command.

E.g.
    Routine scheduled at 7:00 AM:
    - turn on Light
    - tell you something new
    (New): - perform “Alexa, what is the weather in Boston?”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, open Headspace”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, connect bluetooth”

This would enable skills in routines while leveraging the existing abilities of the Echo, just by allowing written commands to be interpreted as voice commands on a schedule. This should be fairly simple to implement with what it is already is capable…

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  6 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pick specific days for routines

I'd like to be able to pick specific days to run routines, not only ONE day of the week, weekdays or weekends.
    Currently if I want to run a routine on -say- Tuesday and Thursday I have to create the routine twice and select Tuesday and Thursday routine days separately.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjust Screen Brightness through Voice Command

As someone who uses my echo show as a television it frustrates me greatly that I can’t for instance say “Alexa, set screen brightness to 1”

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. EXCEEDED_MAX_REPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest device type inconsistencies

EXCEEDEDMAXREPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest does not behave on the Show appropriately - in fact it does not happen at all!

Makes SessionEndedRequest useless and means you can't code for a timeout to end the session and do cleanup then. The API should perform identically on all devices, or at the VERY LEAST the docs should articulate the differences

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. temperature alarm

The ability for Alexa to use outside temperature as an alarm trigger. "Alexa notify me if the outside temperature is under 72 degrees." A better implementation for Alexa's with a skill like Weather Bug would be "Alexa notify me if the outdoor temperature is [over/under] the indoor temperature." and the perfect implementation would be a standing command to notify me whenever the indoor & outdoor temps transition past each other.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Feature Requests, Bugs, and Feedbacks Built-In Intents

Why not letting the user directly submit feature requests, leave feedbacks and report bugs?
    We know that the most important thing that allows a developer to build a high-quality product is the feedback from the end-user.
    Receiving them during the beta-testing phase or submitted through email from the user may not be enough and its not simple, fast and fun.
    For every custom skill, i would like to use Built-In Intents, example:

AMAZON.FeatureRequestIntent:

• User: "Alexa, tell {skill_name} that i would like to leave a feedback"

• Alexa: "Please tell me more"

• User: "I would really appreciate if i could {action...}"

• Alexa:…
    3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base