Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In routines option for Music and Media action. I'd like the ability to control which speaker the action plays on. Instead of the only option being for the whole routine. For example having a routine play a spotify playlist on 1 speaker speaker while white noise skill on another speaker. All from one voice command. This would allow for more flexible routines based on bed-times and wake-ups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. That, and combining triggers would make automating the home a breeze:
    If (temp > 75) and (weather_temp < 73): turn on window fan.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When creating a routine, have an option to add a step where Alexa seeks user input (voice) so that additional information or steps can be configured. Would work well with integration of logic gates in routine builder as well, and ability to parse user input to future steps.

Ex. ‘Goodnight’ routine that turns off living room lights/tv and asks about turning on bedroom tv.

User: Alexa, I’m heading to bed.

Alexa: Do you want me to turn on the bedroom TV for you?

User: Yes

Routine runs standard commands to turn off living room lights and tv, as well as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have IRC devices in two rooms, controlling a TV, Audio Device, Cable box. They both have the same model cable box.

I would like to be able to trigger different routine logic path depending on which echo device receives the command.

IE: "Alexa Start NBC" would trigger the remote code or scene for the bedroom IRC when the bedroom echo receives the command, or the living room IRC which the livingroom echo receives the command.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is not possible to use acronyms in custom routines as the invocation needs periods and they are not allowed as they are considered special characters. For example if you write "watch c n n", Alexa understands "watch c. n. n." and won't recognize or match the phrase. Could you please find a way to allow the use of acronyms in a routine?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Now it's only possible to turn display off (black) when saying an Alexa command. I'm looking for a routine to make the display turn off and awake automatically. Why? I use Alexa as support for my mother which is suffering from dementia. She uses Alexa commands but she sometimes forgets that she can say "Alexa, turn off", so that she pulls the plug in order to get the display turn black...or she says "Alexa, go sleeping" but would forget to wake up Alexa in the morning with the effect that all the reminders would not work.

Besides that I would…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Simple voice control of DIY devices could be achieved if the Routines section of the Alexa App had an option to do an HTTP POST.

eg/ I have a home-made lamp (based on an ESP8266) which I currently control using a custom skill that drops the JSON payload to a Linux server which interprets it then does a HTTP POST to the lamp's URL with the required mode as a parameter. ("mode=candles"/"mode=off"/"mode=purple"...etc)

I could (and other hobbiests and educators could) much more easily have implemented this with an Alexa Routine identified by "make it candle time" with a line in…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Right now a routine is triggered by a voice command or specific time. However, some routines are to be triggered by voice and time.

For example:
    Alexa, good night. Will turn of the lights, etc.
    But you want this routine to run at certain time, say 22:00, in case you forgot or because you don’t want to say even the command, etc.
    Currently to achieve this you would have to recreate the entire skill by hand, as were is no copy function either, but this time change the trigger. This is extremely annoying and worsens as the actions in the…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a way of implementing logic into routines or other voice commands to behave different in certain occasions, by the end-user. Maybe through a simple drag and drop interface, ...
    For example, if I say “Alexa, turn the lights on”, depending on the time of the day the brightness and color(-temperature) very to feel more intergrated.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow conditions for scheduled routines. Example: Turn on Christmas Lights at sunset but only if chance of rain is zero percent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently in alexa, I am able to add a routine that plays a sleepsounds music every night 10pm. But now the issue is I am not able to stop the skill after 10 minutes.

This feature should be added so that I can stop any routine after certain time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. i.e. I want to play music as soon as i wake up and dismiss my alarm. I have multiple echos in different rooms. Right now the music will always play on the same device no matter on which echo the alarm went off.

However it would be nice to specify it to the device which triggered the routine.
    Like it is already possible for voice-triggered routines where you can select to play music from "the device you speak to".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The SecurityPanelController (SPC) class is not supported under routines when it is a natural that it should. Many people would like to use geofencing to arm/disarm their security system but the SPC is not supported. This is really strange as we have hundreds of thousands of users and this is one of the first things they ask for when they enable our SPC skill.

Amazon technical support said I should post a feature request.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to have multiple trigger phrases for a routine instead of just one. So you can account for nuances in language requests.

IE "Alexa, it is ********" also works with "Alexa start the show"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?