Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SecuityPanelController used with Routines

The SecurityPanelController (SPC) class is not supported under routines when it is a natural that it should. Many people would like to use geofencing to arm/disarm their security system but the SPC is not supported. This is really strange as we have hundreds of thousands of users and this is one of the first things they ask for when they enable our SPC skill.

Amazon technical support said I should post a feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not remove device from routine

Do not remove a device from a routine if it fails to access the device. If I have a lamp turned off and run a routine that tries to turn it on or off, Alexa deletes the device from the routine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Actionable based notifications

Alexa - I’ve noticed it’s 10 o’clock and the house alarm is not set, would you like me to set it for you?
    User - Yes (sets alarm)
    User - No (does nothing)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. An advanced web editor for routines

My idea has two parts:
    1. Add a web editor for routines also on alexa.amazon.* that works like android/iOS app editor
    2. Add also an "advanced mode" where you can directly write code and, maybe, add more complex logic, variables ecc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Correct / Allow for any smart device as a trigger

Your routines will not allow for any of my light switches or plugs to be used as a trigger, hence switch goes on anounce something as action. This restriction makes no sence and cannot seem to be able to find any smart switches or plugs that will show in the routines device triggers screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Routine Trigger > Alarm > When Alarm is set & Reference the alarm's time

This would be amazing and work so well with many people's routines from all I hear from the community, youtube, family and friends.

Lately "when alarm is dismissed" was added as a routine's trigger. Please consider adding "when alarm is set" and combine it with referencing the alarm time.

E.g. Trigger: "When alarm is set" > Action: "Turn on light" 30 minutes before alarm rings.

This can not be achieved with "schedule" since alarms can be set at different times.

Its pretty much 2 feature requests, I know, but it would increase any alarm based routine by aaa lot :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow controlling local servers through ssh

My idea is to issue a command to Alexa that'll make it ssh into a server connected to the same LAN and issue commands (e.g., "sudo reboot", "sudo shutdown now") or run scripts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow custom skill to recommend and set routines instead of users if permitted

Alexa Routines are nice but it's still too tech-y to set up. If a custom skill has some actions suitable for using as routines, it would be great for a custom skill to recommend, ask permission from user, and set routines instead of users. This will reduce user's conflictions and increase skill usage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Music & Media Action - Ability to Select Speaker

In routines option for Music and Media action. I'd like the ability to control which speaker the action plays on. Instead of the only option being for the whole routine. For example having a routine play a spotify playlist on 1 speaker speaker while white noise skill on another speaker. All from one voice command. This would allow for more flexible routines based on bed-times and wake-ups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have an action to set a timer

I'm constantly setting the same timer and would like a routine to make it simple.
    Eg I want to see a tea timer of 4 minutes
    I could just have a routine called make tea - which announces "setting a 4 minute tea timer" then it starts a 4 minute timer.
    The wait or delay doesn't accomplish the same as a timer keeps ringer until I stop it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Routines schedule have hourly monthly every minute options

Currently in routines there are repeated schedule options that can only be only configured by daily basis.

There is no options by bi-weekly, monthly, yearly or at certain date, hourly, every 5/10/N minutes.

I want to configure a alexa routine to wish a birthday for my family at certain date every year by turning all my RGB lights on and play some birthday music.

Basically need more schedule options for different intervals by year, monthly date and time. Like a cron job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Monthly schedule

Allow routines to operate in longer schedules and not just days of week. For example, do something every month (e.g. discharge emergency lights to make their batteries live longer)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open Web page in routines

A routine that invokes showing a Web page on a visual device screen would be useful for lots of different applications.
    Smart home integration for ip cameras is my intended use of this feature.
    As most ip cameras are difficult or impossible to show on echo show type devices. This new feature would enable the screen to show the Web site containing the camera stream from a trigger via node red or other mqtt and smart home devices. Without any voice commands needed to be issued to the device directly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option to request user input and parse to other steps

When creating a routine, have an option to add a step where Alexa seeks user input (voice) so that additional information or steps can be configured. Would work well with integration of logic gates in routine builder as well, and ability to parse user input to future steps.

Ex. ‘Goodnight’ routine that turns off living room lights/tv and asks about turning on bedroom tv.

User: Alexa, I’m heading to bed.

Alexa: Do you want me to turn on the bedroom TV for you?

User: Yes

Routine runs standard commands to turn off living room lights and tv, as well as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Routines playing music triggered by a dismissed alarm should play the music only on the device which triggered the alarm.

i.e. I want to play music as soon as i wake up and dismiss my alarm. I have multiple echos in different rooms. Right now the music will always play on the same device no matter on which echo the alarm went off.

However it would be nice to specify it to the device which triggered the routine.
    Like it is already possible for voice-triggered routines where you can select to play music from "the device you speak to".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Routine to stop a skill

Currently in alexa, I am able to add a routine that plays a sleepsounds music every night 10pm. But now the issue is I am not able to stop the skill after 10 minutes.

This feature should be added so that I can stop any routine after certain time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In the routine add the ability to make a preset call on Skype

It is difficult for an elder to say the whole phrase "alexa calls [name] on Skype". The routine would simplify the command with a custom phrase.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple commands to trigger routines

Ability to have multiple trigger phrases for a routine instead of just one. So you can account for nuances in language requests.

IE "Alexa, it is ********" also works with "Alexa start the show"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base