Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Two languages at the same time

Hello there,

it'd be excellent if Alexa could have two languages activated at the same time. For example, I'd love to have German and English activated and have access to the German and the US skill store at the same time.

Much obliged

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Echo show customizations for room type. Kitchen, bedroom, etc. Also echo link app controlling audio. Not so easy playing music

Example Alexa show in the kitchen having menu for recipes. For the bedroom things that would replace a phone (port home phone to echo) or an alarm clock, or remote. Echo link not so easy to play music. It will attempt to play on all other echo devices before going to link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow users to interrupt apps and call appropriate callback

Allow developers to be able to define callbacks for user interruptions.

At the moment, as soon as Alexa start responding to the user, he must listen to the full response or quit the app.
    There's no option to suppress current response and stay in the app.

Consider an example:
    Alexa: I found three news articles related to your query. Article #1: [title of the article] Article #2: [title of the article] Article #3: [title of the article]

Assume that the app allows the user to then listen to the full article. He needs to wait for the full message to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to ask about currently executing skill

Ability to ask Alexa what skill it is/was currently executing.

I test skills through a combination of ngrok, the skill's backend log and my Alexa device. So I should see everything. Sometimes Alexa seems to lose contact with my skill. It would be nice to ask Alexa about what skill it thinks it is running.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Skill Review ETA

Idea: Post an ETA for Skill acceptance. I submitted my skill over 2 weeks ago and it is still sitting there with a status of "In Review".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. bug in Analytics locale selection

bug.
    for my skill which is published for US, UK, and CA, the Analytics view lists the option for U.S. twice, and no option for C.A. One of the two U.S. options returns no data. The other works as expected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SSML - Interpret As character - Doesn't respect case

Interpret-as tag allows you to have the device speak characters, numbers, addresses, etc.

One thing I noticed however is it doesn't respect case. I was wondering if something can perhaps be added to address this? If you echo out the below ssml you will just get a-b-t-h back. Ideally it would say Capital A, lowercase b, Capital T, lowercase h. I have a skill that echos back password values that are generated with different case. Right now I have to pass this into a function and do this mapping on my own, would be nice if it was something built…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interract with other entry other than voice or self configure in routine

Possibility to expose an API to remotly interract with alexa, or give the routnie to be more complex to send ifttt command and auto set alexa commande and request.
    For example , i actualy try to run complexe routines passing by ifttt, push bullet, local node js server to :
    - request alexa to connect to bluetooth
    - start AV receiver : working fine
    - configure AV receiver to good entry, volume, etc : working fine
    - request Alexa to connect to bluetooth : impossible without another voice commande
    - request alexa to set volume to 5 : impossible without…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Smart Home Entertainment Presets

Our hifi devices have a feature which we call pins, but can be more generally described as presets - a bit like the ones you'd find on a car radio. It provides instant access to preselected music.

We'd like to offer these through our Smart Home Skill, for the moment, we've overloaded the Channel API permitted 6 channels 1 to 6 and also PIN x where x is a the number 1 to 6. This makes starting a pin rather awkward as you need to ask:

Alexa, change channel to PIN 4 on Kitchen

Would it be possible to introduce…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cosidering Alexa developer reward as achievement

Issuing a certificate etc for the developers whose skill qualified for the most engaging skill reward or other.

Reason: One of my skill recently qualified for the reward but I doubt even receiving it because of my nationality and student profile

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Stop" when "Follow up" mode is on....

While I'm a fan of the newly launched "Follow up" mode, how it handles stop in the context of a Third Party skill creates some non-trivial user experience problems, where the skill continues to listen after the user has said "stop". For users, "Stop" has a clear meaning. Stop the interaction with Alexa. It doesn't mean, stop talking to the skill and lets go back to "Alexa proper". That's not the user's mental model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show raw response from https server

I would like to be able to test my skill and see the actual raw response from my https server

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One-click return to console

Should be easier to return to the console from the details of a specific skill. Rather than (or in addition to) "Your Alexa Consoles", add a "Current Console" link that provides a one-click return to the current console.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. fire tv do not block screen during conversation with Alex

When Fire TV interacts with Alexa popup is displayed on the TV with dialog conversation blocking TV screen. If my firetv app can respond to alexa command I would like to utilize TV for displaying app related information instead of that dialog

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow in-session account linking

A user should be able to link their account mid-session and not be forced to exit the skill to get the benefits of a linked account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add echo show display timeout options

The echo show screen automatically times out and turns off the display until it senses movement. This causes sound to stutter when listening to music. Adding display timeout options would fix this as well as allow the user to have more control over the display in general. Example, add screen timeout times such as timeout after 5 minutes, 10, 15, etc. Or option to choose never time out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. open a url in firefox

Since you allow for "Alexa open youtube" Im looking for a skill that will allow me to open a user settable url in firefox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request to add custom alert support in Alexa proactive event

Example notification:
    There is a XXXX alert for your YYYY.
    This XXXX can be of YYYY can be of replaced by anything.
    Ex: There is a "low balance" alert for your "test account".

Thank you very much in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display yellow bar when package is delivered

I had an echo in the living room which instantly displayed a yellow ring when a package was delivered. My next glance at it told me I needed to get the package off my porch before the porch pirates got it. I upgraded to an echo show 8. It will display a message that I might see when I glance over there an hour or longer after the package is delivered. Like the echo I need a yellow bar on screen so no matter what trivial stuff the echo show is rotating through on the screen, I will instantly know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alexa Feature Request - Whole House Audio Zone Smart Home Device Type

A device type for a Smart Home Whole House Audio System Zone would be helpful. It could have features for zone on/off, volume up/down, mute/unmute, input/source selection, etc. This can be used with various manufacturer's whole house audio controllers/amplifiers such as HTD, Monoprice, Russound, Sonos, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base