Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Detect if Alexa was interrupted

It would be great if you could detect if Alexa was interrupted or not.

An example:

Alexa: I found three messages. Message one: [Message one title]. Do you want more information?
    User: Yes.
    Alexa: [Message one content] (much). Message two: [Message two title|. Do you want more information?

It could be that the user interrupts Alexa when she says the message one content because he notices that he knows the message already. Then he would say "Alexa, next".

When Alexa was finshed and the user says "next", Alexa should give message three.
    When Alexa was interrupted, she should give message…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get IP from the user

Can we have built-in slot for IP address for v4 and v6? E.g. AMAZON.IP4 and AMAZON.IP6? Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let users reply while Alexa is speaking (without wake word)

Reasons:

1. Because it's so natural for people to do! And Alexa is a product for people.

2. Users quite often start to speak while Alexa is still speaking or just finished speaking and haven't yet turned on its mic.
      There is a blue light, but sometimes users speak to Alexa when it's outside of their view site. Alexa is designed to be for eye-busy experience, and eyes might be busy while interaction.

3. Alexa is actually listening to users all the time while it's speaking - but now it only detects a wake word. So why don't allow a full intent there?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pass user's message to IFTTT

When user says "Trigger <IFTTT Applet name>", pass what user said to IFTTT so that you can add Ingredient.

For example, "Alexa, trigger send notification Hello"
    -> IFTTT sends notification "Hello"

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Covid-19 - Working From Home - Bluetooth Microphone profile to enable conference speaker use

Hi, I like many others am having to work from home due to the Covid-19 outbreak. I join many conference calls daily from my laptop. While I can pair my laptop via bluetooth and have sound output to the Echo dot, the Microphones are not available for use! If they were, this would make the echo dot a great conference phone setup (one i'd recommend to many of my co-workers who are in the same situation (and dont want to use headsets!) I also have "less-abled" older relatives who would also find this of use ! Any chance of updating…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add 'Request Desktop Site (Version)' option to Echo's Web Browser

Currently, many of the websites that I visit on Echo redirects me to a mobile version of the website, which basically tells me to download the app (ex. https://open.spotify.com/). I would love the option for the silk to request 'Desktop Version' of the site, so it won't be redirected to the 'get the app' website.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recording voice messages for multi-use

When I go on deployment, I cannot use a “drop in” to talk to my kids for months at a time, so I’m hoping a development is underway to hold/store recordings of me saying goodnight/good morning to the kids and other prerecorded messages of me. Maybe incorporate it into a routine for them too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Two languages at the same time

Hello there,

it'd be excellent if Alexa could have two languages activated at the same time. For example, I'd love to have German and English activated and have access to the German and the US skill store at the same time.

Much obliged

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Echo show customizations for room type. Kitchen, bedroom, etc. Also echo link app controlling audio. Not so easy playing music

Example Alexa show in the kitchen having menu for recipes. For the bedroom things that would replace a phone (port home phone to echo) or an alarm clock, or remote. Echo link not so easy to play music. It will attempt to play on all other echo devices before going to link.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow users to interrupt apps and call appropriate callback

Allow developers to be able to define callbacks for user interruptions.

At the moment, as soon as Alexa start responding to the user, he must listen to the full response or quit the app.
    There's no option to suppress current response and stay in the app.

Consider an example:
    Alexa: I found three news articles related to your query. Article #1: [title of the article] Article #2: [title of the article] Article #3: [title of the article]

Assume that the app allows the user to then listen to the full article. He needs to wait for the full message to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to ask about currently executing skill

Ability to ask Alexa what skill it is/was currently executing.

I test skills through a combination of ngrok, the skill's backend log and my Alexa device. So I should see everything. Sometimes Alexa seems to lose contact with my skill. It would be nice to ask Alexa about what skill it thinks it is running.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skill Review ETA

Idea: Post an ETA for Skill acceptance. I submitted my skill over 2 weeks ago and it is still sitting there with a status of "In Review".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bug in Analytics locale selection

bug.
    for my skill which is published for US, UK, and CA, the Analytics view lists the option for U.S. twice, and no option for C.A. One of the two U.S. options returns no data. The other works as expected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SSML - Interpret As character - Doesn't respect case

Interpret-as tag allows you to have the device speak characters, numbers, addresses, etc.

One thing I noticed however is it doesn't respect case. I was wondering if something can perhaps be added to address this? If you echo out the below ssml you will just get a-b-t-h back. Ideally it would say Capital A, lowercase b, Capital T, lowercase h. I have a skill that echos back password values that are generated with different case. Right now I have to pass this into a function and do this mapping on my own, would be nice if it was something built…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Interract with other entry other than voice or self configure in routine

Possibility to expose an API to remotly interract with alexa, or give the routnie to be more complex to send ifttt command and auto set alexa commande and request.
    For example , i actualy try to run complexe routines passing by ifttt, push bullet, local node js server to :
    - request alexa to connect to bluetooth
    - start AV receiver : working fine
    - configure AV receiver to good entry, volume, etc : working fine
    - request Alexa to connect to bluetooth : impossible without another voice commande
    - request alexa to set volume to 5 : impossible without…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smart Home Entertainment Presets

Our hifi devices have a feature which we call pins, but can be more generally described as presets - a bit like the ones you'd find on a car radio. It provides instant access to preselected music.

We'd like to offer these through our Smart Home Skill, for the moment, we've overloaded the Channel API permitted 6 channels 1 to 6 and also PIN x where x is a the number 1 to 6. This makes starting a pin rather awkward as you need to ask:

Alexa, change channel to PIN 4 on Kitchen

Would it be possible to introduce…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cosidering Alexa developer reward as achievement

Issuing a certificate etc for the developers whose skill qualified for the most engaging skill reward or other.

Reason: One of my skill recently qualified for the reward but I doubt even receiving it because of my nationality and student profile

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Stop" when "Follow up" mode is on....

While I'm a fan of the newly launched "Follow up" mode, how it handles stop in the context of a Third Party skill creates some non-trivial user experience problems, where the skill continues to listen after the user has said "stop". For users, "Stop" has a clear meaning. Stop the interaction with Alexa. It doesn't mean, stop talking to the skill and lets go back to "Alexa proper". That's not the user's mental model.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unlink Endpoint

Please provide an endpoint for when a user disables (unlinks) a linked skill.
    This will allow us to know its time to delete any data we have for the user, and therefore be good to users with the use of their data.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show raw response from https server

I would like to be able to test my skill and see the actual raw response from my https server

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base