Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have Alexa pause during a conversation to allow user to think

Have Alexa pause when user needs time to think about a response/answer.

User can say: "wait" or "pause" or "one sec"
    System will flash orange ring until user says: "OK"

Conversation flow resumes.

287 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable and allow true push capabilities

Expanding the current implementation of Push would unlock a massive developer opportunity. Please allow devs to build and users to select skills that can speak without the user initiating the conversation. If a skill gets annoying they can turn it off.

216 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for submitting this request. Your request has been recorded.

3. Russian support

Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

215 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  101 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow skill to anticipate/disallow specific intents during conversation

I would like my skill to be able to listen for specific responses, i.e. make Alexa bias towards utterances of one or multiple intents that I specify in the skill's response, for the next user input.

For example, let's say my skill has a CityIntent which has utterances:

• I live in {city}

• It is {city}

• {city}

And my skill has another MovieIntent which has utterances:

• I like {movieType}

• I prefer {movieType}

• {movieType}

And at certain times my skill may also expect {yes/no} answer from user.

Since {city} and {movieType} have different value, Alexa usually does a good job of figuring…

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to transfer a skill if ownership changes

Ability to transfer a skill from my account to a client's account.

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom wake phrase

My aunt is suffering from dementia and can remember to say "Call Will" (her husband) but not to say "Alexa, call Will." This could be a critical situation if she was alone and experienced a fall or became disoriented. As far as I can tell, there is no way to introduce a custom wake phrase that will do this. Can you suggest a solution?

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize wake word

Allow user to customize wake word of their own choosing or at least expand choices greatly.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an endpoint to test the voice model

Currently, there is no way to accurately do automated testing of how user audio resolves (in terms of intents and slots) for a given skill.

At present, this testing is more-or-less done manually. There are several use cases where automation would be vitally important. Given:

-When testing a large skill, it is extremely cumbersome to manually test a wide array of sample utterances for every change we make to the voice model. This discourages iterative design.
    -The overall Alexa voice model is constantly shifting. This is a good thing, but often this results in changes to how our skills launch…

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable developer access to the Show/Spot/Look Camera

Enable developer access to the Show/Spot/Look camera for both taking a picture or capturing video - bonus: easy integration with AWS Rekognition in ASK would be ideal.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. API for Alexa Voice Profiles

The Alexa Voice Profiles feature released recently is a great and awesome feature to have. Can you please have API for Alexa Voice Profiles so that we can use it in our Skills to perform a certain action based on the voice of the user and also customize response per user.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Guest Mode

Say I've got an Alexa device in my guest room. It would be great if there was a kind of "guest mode" which I could use to apply certain (customizable) restrictions to features like:

• Skill invocation

• Smart Home

• Playing music

• Shopping​​

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove/Delete Suppressed skills in Developer Account

Currently, Suppressed or inactive skills remain in developer accounts and create Clutter.

Allow for Developers to manage and maintain their developer accounts for organization and clarity.

Additionally a suppressed skill in a developer account still shows as "LIVE" which is in accurate this should be adjusted immediately.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow new skill session after audio stream has completed

Currently if a user streams audio via the skill there is no friendly way to get back to the skill without the user saying an invocation command.

I'd propose a way to allow a skill to open a new session, allowing speechOutput after the PlaybackNearlyFinished or PlaybackFinished events occur in the AudioPlayer interface.

There are a couple use-cases for this:

1) A podcast skill where it would be beneficially to ask the user if they'd like to listen to the next episode.
    2) Give some information about the next episode before it begins to play
    3) Provide a purchase opportunity…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give the time in Routines

Presently we are able to get the News, Weather, or Traffic in a Routine. But right now we can’t get a simple time-stamp in a Routine. It would be nice if I could verbally trigger a Bedtime Routine that adjusted lights, temperature, and said “It’s 11:23pm. Good night!” It would seem rather simple to add this capability; wouldn’t seem any more difficult than News, Weather, or Traffic.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add some kind of "anti-trigger" to ignore the wake word in audio.

Allow the adding of some kind of "anti-trigger" that will stop Alexa waking itself when the invocation word is mentioned in a podcast, or SSML audio. And/or, allow a flag that will reduce sensitivity to the wake-word during a particular piece of audio, using the mic array to detect whether the wake word was generated internally or externally.

I know that there is an unofficial theory that self-invocation can be lessened by boosting / cutting certain frequencies around the actual wake-word, but this isn't always practical where third-party audio is involved.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa, did the power go out today?

She can't tell me how long she has been on, when she last rebooted, I want to know if the power tripped, and ideally how long it was out.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an SSML tag to allow alexa to sing

When you request Alexa to sing a song she will but there are no SSML tags to allow developers to request this using code

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skill speaks device setting wake word

I want skill to be able to speak wake word, from device settings word.

Use case is skill help message.

Implement with SSML.
    exsample...
    New ssml tag is 'amazon:wakeword'
    <speak>To stop skill, please say <amazon:wakeword name='device'/> Stop.</speak>

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatic Skill Activation

Automatic Skill Activation

This is really a must for Alexa to have scheduled skill invocation without voice command ... please make it happen!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shopping list

Allow users to reorder items within a list ie; move an item up or down and allow sub-categories.
    Also, provide a way to see all items on all lists and move an item to another list

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base