Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. location based skill recommendation

It'll be amazing if we can have location based skill recommendation. e.g.
    When saying "Find San Francisco skills", it will recommend related local skills for me

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. APL designed skills having a darker tint/overlay on listening mode seems to be a UX flaw. Why hinder visibility?

Why do APL designed skills have a dark tint/overlay on listening mode?
    This seems to be a UX flaw.
    Why hinder visibility of a skill designed to have a visible aspect?

The blue waving graphic should be more than enough to let the user know Alexa is listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to disable skill timeout while developing

Provide an option to disable skill timeout while developing Alexa apps. This would allow code to be debugged from end to end without receiving "The requested skill took too long to respond". It is not currently possible to step through code and review the output in the simulator without sending multiple requests.

It would be incredibly valuable to allow the timeout to be optional while a skill is being developed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alexa Routines to have a "Post HTTP" option for simple automation.

Simple voice control of DIY devices could be achieved if the Routines section of the Alexa App had an option to do an HTTP POST.

eg/ I have a home-made lamp (based on an ESP8266) which I currently control using a custom skill that drops the JSON payload to a Linux server which interprets it then does a HTTP POST to the lamp's URL with the required mode as a parameter. ("mode=candles"/"mode=off"/"mode=purple"...etc)

I could (and other hobbiests and educators could) much more easily have implemented this with an Alexa Routine identified by "make it candle time" with a line in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to rendering APL documents on Alexa Mobile app as a @viewPort profile. Any plan to support this?

I would like to be able to render APL documents on Alexa Mobile app as a @viewPort profile. Any plan to support this?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove devices when disabling an alexa smart home skill

When a user disable a smart home skill the devices connected to that skill are remain visible inside the Alexa app.

The user cannot control them:
    - in the app under each device the misleading error "server is unresponsive" is showed under each device.
    - if controlling via voice the user receives the response: "the skill linked with X is not enabled, please enable the skill to control this device".

still having the devices showed up is confusing for the user. That has to manually remove all the devices linked to the removed skill manually.

So my request is to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. switch accounts on ios companion app

I have a personal alexa account and now a work one. I have added my work account to my household via the companion app but my alexa skill does not function properly. I believe I have to switch accounts to be successful. The ios companion app does now allow account switching and I do not want to have to constantly switch accounts for work and for personal. Please make this less annoying.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable abilitng to see what’s playing on video devices via Alexa app

I can currently see what is music playing on devices through the Alexa app but I do not have the ability to see what’s being watched via my video streaming devices.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View/Sort Skills that are Screen/Display Ready

It would be great to have way to see what skills are Echo Show/Spot/Any Screen and/or display ready.

Otherwise people don't know what skills are just going to be audio, or have visuals on them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop music from the app

I want to be able to stop music (or a skill) from the Alexa App.
    Example use case:
    - Baby is sleeping, fell asleep to music on the Echo, I don't want to have to open the door and wake the baby up to stop the Echo
    - I play music from the Echo upstairs and leave it playing, and I don't want to have to go upstairs to turn it off

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sharable Q&A Blueprint Skill

Hi, I love the Blueprints option - it's perfect for what I want to do. However the MyQuestions blueprint as far as I can see is not sharable. Can a custom Q&A skill be developed which would be sharable? The other option I suppose is the share the account, but it would be awesome to be able to share.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disabling or Re-enabling the skill should not change device ID

It would be nice to have a feature that would not change the device ID, when a skill is Disabled or Re-enablied.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skill Cards should appear at first if you open the Alexa App

Since the new Alexa App update you have to go unter 'activities' to view the cards. This definitely harms UX since users have to first find this view and always have to navigate there. Many skills require quick user access to card resources which now suffer from the new changes. Right now if you open the Alexa App you just get the weather info and some recommendations what to say to Alexa. This does not to be very time critical information you want to get on startup of the app.
    I would appreciate some opinions on this topic from other…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display answers for skill reviews in the Alexa App

Currently users can vote for a skill and give a short review (sometimes with questions, sometimes faulty operations or the rating means another skill). As developer/or user you can answer to this review on amazon.com/de/co.uk etc.
    But it isn't displayed in the Alexa App! Nobody can see it except on the website. But only very few users know that

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Take a picture with Alexa Echo Show

Hi!

I would like to know if there's any possibility to take a picture with the Alexa Echo Show with my skill. Basically I want to make a facial validation and show some content depending on the user :)

I'm currently using NodeJS for this purpose.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. let skills send text notifications to the alexa app for users who have opted in

Similar to the mobile app store - let skills send updates on the alexa app to users who have enabled the skill and agreed to receive notifications from that skill. Would help so much with feature updates and retention and imo is not very intrusive. users can always opt out.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Operate Alexa from an external application.

I would like to be able to create skills to call users by using external applications as keys instead of waking up words.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Start Alexa skills from Smarthome with the push of a button.

We program skills with which people with speech and language disorders can train with alexa. the tests with the patients run well but the biggest problem the people have is pronouncing the invacation name. it would be great if you could start a skill by touch (Alexa app) like with google assistant for smartphones.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skill Marketplace Icon At Bottom Of Alexa App To Get Skills More Visibility In One Click

Skill Marketplace Icon In The Bottom Of Alexa App Needed

I think the skill marketplace needs a one touch icon at bottom of Alexa app to get to the skills marketplace section, right now there are too many steps to find new skills in the app.

Having an icon at the bottom of the Alexa app would mean more exposure to skills.

The way things are right now it requires far to many steps to go to the marketplace.

Skills also need to have the ability to have feedback left on them by voice, the way feedback and reviews have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base