Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ASK-CLI YAML as option for configs instead of json

JSON is great, but YAML is way easier. Especially the configs for models can be quite long and the ability to add comments in YAML would really make it easier to read.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an error code for smart home skill devices that need some time between each controll

I've created a smart home skill for a device that needs some time between each actuation.

I know in advance if a device is ready or not to be controlled again.

I would like to provide a nicer feedback to the user by replying to control request with an error indicating that the device need some time to execute a new command in the cases where my device cannot be controlled when the request arrives.

This command should be translated in something like:
    The device X is temporarily busy please try again later.

The ASK SDK already provide few errors…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to trigger the build in phone function of Alexa in a custom Skill

I think it would be nice if i could trigger a call directly from my skill if the user need more information !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow HTTPS service endpoint with an ipv6 only dns entry (AAAA record) for the domain

I would like to be able to test new skills on a local server which is only accessible via a public ipv6 address. The domain/subdomain has an appropriate dns entry (AAAA record) and ssl certificate.
    As of now, neither the developer console nor a live test with an Echo is able to resolve the domain name.

I originally asked this as a question to the developer support and they suggested to raise the topic here.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CanFulfillIntentRequest should give access to the rough location of the user

CanFulfillIntentRequest should provide some basic context for the user such as (general) location information. My skill is only useful to people in a particular geographic region (the 5 boroughs of New York City). It'd make sense to allow it to fulfill intent requests originating from New York, but not from Chicago. I don't think think there's any way to distinguish at this time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add alexa smart home directive to remove a grant (Unlink / Disable skill)

Similarly to the AcceptGrant Directive. https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-authorization.html#acceptgrant

Would be nice to receive an event (DeleteGrant?) whenever the user tap on the disable skill button.

In this way we can clean/free resources on our side too.
    Currently the only way to detect that a user had disabled the skill is with the error response from the alexa event gateway.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  sstearl responded

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: http://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

7. Provide alexa feedback for each smarthome skill error type

There are few error types available when replying to an alexa event: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-errorresponse.html#error-type-values

Seems that the error type does not influence the response of alexa to the user..
    See: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/176777/smart-home-skill-error-response.html

Please document how alexa will react to each error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for Amazon.Litteral in French

hello when the support of Amazon.Litteral will be done for French Skills ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. update documentation for customer contact API

The documentation the the customer contact API says to use the following end points "/v2/accounts/~current/settings/Profile.name". A follow up note says: "~current" represents the userId of the current user (account that invoked your skill).

I read that and assume I need to replace "~current" with the userID... which isn't the case (after 2 days of off/on testing).

Additional detail here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/179334/how-do-you-request-user-contact-information.html?childToView=180317#answer-180317

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add support for PROXY on ask-cli

Lots of us are developing skills behind a corporate firewall. The ask-cli is a great tool that we can't use since most corporate firewall's require the use of a proxy server which is not supported in the cli

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update serviceClientFactory to include customer profile

I believe there needs to be an equivalent serviceClientFactory call for the customer profile (e.g. - 'serviceClientFactory.getDeviceAddressServiceClient()' is used for device address; I assume 'serviceClientFactory.getCustomerProfileServiceClient()' would be the equivalent for Customer Profile info)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to create devices with ASK SDK

Currently I wasn't able to find an option to create a smart home device in NodeJS ASK SDK. It only allows to create event handlers. For instance Insteon skill for Alexa allows to create devices that alexa can communicate directly with (i.e. you can ask alexa to turn on light switch derectly without saying: "tell skillname to turn on the lights").

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Accessing alexa contacts from the skill programming

Allow access to Alexa contacts from the skill development environment. so that one can develope a skill around contact search

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interface Descriptions

In order for Echo Show to play videos the Skill needs both the Video Interface and the Display Interface enabled.

It is not explained in the documentation that the Display Interface needs to be enabled for a skill to play a video.

This issue caused a large amount of wasted development time. Please consider changing the Interface descriptions and/or documentation to reflect this.

Thank you,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. streamline identity flow for Authentication and account linking

Keeping the voice first spirit user's should be allowed to link there Alexa with a skill using just voice. We for example just need an email and name to create account in our system. If Amazon provides an api to send this on fly when user says "yes go ahead link" then we can create an account on the fly and return an accessToken

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base