Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ask cli proxy

ASK CLI should work with system proxy configurations (HTTPPROXY/HTTPSPROXY)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a flag for new users

There is already a flag for a new conversation, but I'm interested in a flag for a new user. I would prefer to keep my Alexa code stateless so that I don't need to store the user ids, just to check if this is a new user or not. Regarding the Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (EU-DSGVO) I want data minimization, so non stored information cannot make trouble. While certification I got the feedback that I have to explain the core functionality. For a returning customer I really want to avoid to tell the already known features. You may can reset the flag after…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send raw query with request

Currently all skills must run through Amazon’s Natural Language Understanding and provide a language model to Alexa. While this is helpful for getting started, many more advanced features for Language Processing and response building benefit heavily from having the user’s speech accessible to perform more complex operations like sentiment analysis, conversation reconstruction or custom natural language processing through models on other services. This allows developers to deliver a richer experience to users through the additional processing it makes possible.
    For my use case in specifically it would be acceptable to have an option in the console to disable the language…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks for the clarification and suggestion! We’ll route this to the appropriate internal team for review.

4. Bad debugging

When I get the "There was a problem with the request3d skill's response" reply it would be 1000% more helpful if you would at least display what the response was even if you cannot tell me what was wrong with the response

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the dance between ask cli and web gui better.

Working between the ask cli and the web gui is fraught with danger. I lost lots of "web gui" Intent work, because I used "ask deploy" which overwrote the model. So I have to be very careful to call "download model" first, check to make sure it has the changes... THEN I can upload my new lambda code without overwritting. Very risky business. (:

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base