Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a callback / polling system that exceeds 8 seconds timeout, so the service can think longer (e.g. in a chess game)

When it comes to chess against a good cpu player, often it can take more than 8 seconds to respond for a cpu player.

Thats why it is currently not possible to develop similar games.

It would be cool to have Alexa poll for more than 8 seconds until the game can actually respond properly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skill Connections needs a re-schedule feature

Skill Connections is a great idea but needs an additional feature. My use case is my skill called "When is my Flight" is used at the departing airport and tells the user when his flight will land and I would like to give him the chance of booking an Uber when it lands. So at his departing airport he uses my skill and says book me an uber to take me home. At that point my service will book the uber at the landing time plus a delta of say 20 mins for him/her to get from aircraft to outside.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ask-cli for Smart Home skills

Can we have a command line version of the Test console? Right now, ask-cli only works with custom skills and not smart home skills.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow two-way video for doorbell/intercom using RTCSessionController API

The RTCSessionController API within Smart Home allows two-way audio, and one-way video from doorbell/camera back to the Echo Show or Spot. For doorbells/intercoms with a view screen, add the option for the Alexa user to enable return video back to the doorbell.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The RequestInterceptor interface should provide an optional response parameter

This would make it possible to do some common parameter checking before the request gets passed on to the real handler and return a response if there is a problem that negates the need for more processing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. lambda + environment

It would be useful to permit the passing of Lambda Environment Variables as part of ask cli (and IDE plugins) configuration - OR - To bind the ask cli features as part of AWS SAM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable work with Echo Spot in-built camera on custom skill development

I would like suggest the possibility of incorporating a Camera Skill Kit in order to allow developers to manage the Echo Spot/Show in-built camera on custom skills.

I am thinking about all kind of skills that developers could design, like facial scanners, fall detector, etc..

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. JSON debarfer

The JSON editor should have undo back to the last "no big red x" version in a single click. That way after I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what it is unhappy about I can start again from a known good place with a single click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide Echo Device Model (e.g., Echo Dot or Echo Show) in request envelope JSON

It would be helpful if we could know the model of the device a user has when interacting with an Alexa skill. Right now, the only information we receive is a very long string for a virtual deviceId and a set of supported interfaces for the device, like this:

"device": {
    "deviceId": "amzn1.ask.device.AE...X2",
    "supportedInterfaces": {}
    }

Could we have the device model as well? This would be very helpful for analytics and other purposes where supported interfaces is not sufficient to identify a specific device model:

"device": {
    "deviceId": "amzn1.ask.device.AE...X2",
    "deviceModel": "Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)",
    "supportedInterfaces": {}
    }

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Typescript support to ask-cli

Actually we can create and deploy javascript alexa skills, it would be great if we can do with typescript too.

I think it's not so hard to add typescript support (transpile before deploy)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Video APL skill example

please create and show us, how video skill throught video apl controller should work. (controls, list...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Additional parameter support while account linking

Kindly provide support for an additional parameter support in account linking process. I have a scenario in which I need to know the user region. For eg if a user has signed up in service at (.com) region then all the intents inside will use the endpoints with .com and if the user has account in .eu region then all the intent action endpoints go as .eu. So there should be an option to specify the region and to store that under user while making each request to the intent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add custom Lambda function configuration support with ASK CLI

ASK CLI just deploys Lambda functions using a standard default configuration. In order to change these settings, you have to go in the Lambda function that was created and customize its configuration to your needs, causing a revision id mismatch and ultimately requiring to force deploy the subsequent skill update.

Would it possible to add custom Lambda function configuration settings, such as the basic settings (memory, timeout & description), role execution policy and environment variables, to the ask configuration file, potentially using part of the AWS CLI Lambda create function JSON skeleton object?

{
    "FunctionName": "<functionName>",
    "Runtime": "nodejs8.10",
    "Role": "<role>",…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Smart Home skill in other Regions

Please make the new Smart home SDK types available in other Regions. We are waiting quite some months now, and the RangeController for example is still not available in other regions than US.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Undo not working as expected

Add the ability to download the code in one easy zip file, or provide some basic version control, so this https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/202617/alexa-hosted-skills-undo-commands.html doesn't happen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to open browser with specific data on Echo Show

Would be cool, if you were allowed to show/open a specific website on echo show devices (maybe just with session closing). So at the end of my conversation I could show a website (which is a bit similar to showing something with APL, but allows much more features).

Support for custom cookies, which are set by opening the page, might also be quite cool.

Maybe this would need a popup first, which ask, if the skill is allowed to open the following page now, because otherwise this could lead to abuse.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include Considered Intents in Fallback response

Include considered utterances generated as as a part of the fallback intent. For my skill, I noticed the utterance profiler often has the correct interpretation. Perhaps the back-end with its additional context, can proper interpret the intent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Utterance Profiler for Speech

Enable the utterance profiler for speech. My experiences using the profiler is that it gets typed utterances correct. However the problems occur during speech. I would like to see the various intent considerations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Correspond to Chinese

I want you to develop Alexa so that you can understand Chinese that is said to be more than 100 million native speakers.
    I fully understand that Alexa can not sell in China. I think that it is not a good idea to remove Chinese speakers living in the world from business.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base