Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spelling error in dev console

Spelling error on withdrawing skill

"I did not intend to publishing the skill right away"

should be changed to something like

"I did not intend to publish the skill right away"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Switching from auth code grant to implicit grant not possible

switching back from auth code grant to implicit grant seems not possible. On saving the following error is shown: Access token scheme should be empty for IMPLICIT type.

And access token scheme can not be set for implicit grant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Changing Endpoints for a Live Skill

Allow the Endpoints to be changed for a Live skill WITHOUT submitting for re-certification.

In the new Developer Console for a Live (already published) skill, you can see the endpoint ARNs in textboxes which would indicate that they are editable, but the Save Endpoints button is disabled.

The following scenarios outline why the endpoints should be editable. The timing and reasons for changing the endpoints shows that they should be done without triggering a re-certification.

Scenario 1
    The skill's lambda function is hosted in a region that goes down. With a quick change of the ARNs, your skill will be…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Disabled buttons in New Console are still Clickable

Click to View a skill that has a status of "Live." Buttons such as Save Model, Build Model, Save Interfaces, Save Endpoints appear disabled, but when you click on one, they still trigger an event.

Responses include:

Save Failed
    Provided eTag does not match with the resource's current eTag. Please apply your changes on the latest version of the resource. Error code: InvalidEtag - Tuesday, Apr 3, 2018, 3:48 PM

Interaction Model Saved Successfully
    The interaction model has been saved without errors. The Model must be successfully built for changes to take effect. - Tuesday, Apr 3, 2018, 3:49 PM

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Submission Information on Portal

Put submission history on the portal. Having this only in email is not the best way to communicate as multiple developers are often working on apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Skill name when editing

Please show the name of the Skill that I'm currently editing. It's nerve-racking to not get visual confirmation of which skill I'm editing when I have multiple Skills. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Client Secret field validation is broken

Every time I try to save a value on the Build > Account Linking tab, Auth Code Grant, I have to re-enter the Client Secret, even if I'm not changing it. Please only make me enter it once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Validate invocation name for skill to check for duplicate invocation names in development skills

Validate invocation name, so that no 2 developments skills are able to have the same invocation name. When testing a skill in the test console, it was actually returning results from a different skill as they had identical invocation names

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Test 'no response' from user.

It would be very helpful to have a way to mimic 'no response' from the user. If you can do that, it's not obvious how.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. UI Issue

Hi,
    The black footer does not stay in the bottom of the page when I scroll up the page causing a weird experience.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skill sorting in the Developer Console (by recently modified or name)

Please add the ability to sort Skills in the new Developer Console by name or by modification date. The old Developer Console sorted by modification date which allowed developers of many Skills to keep better track of their recent changes.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exclude custom types from maximum langue model file size budget/limit

I get the error message:

This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

which is new a new constraint, 3 month ago that same language model worked fine (in the old alexa console, which now also throws this error message). My language model is rather huge (~2.8MB), since I'm using the occupations model of the European Commission (ESCO: https://ec.europa.eu/esco/portal/occupation).

It is very unfortunate that the custom types are counted against the 1 MB budget. If I used the built-in types, I could use more intents and example sentences in my languageModel.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for Old Console Style Intents and Utterances

Allow for the creation and pasting of intent schema and sample utterance in the style of the old console. Provide a box to write sample utterances and intent schema into in the old style.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow developers to copy Skill Product detail to other regions

With a push of a button allow people to copy all product information to all English enabled regions. This would cut down on developers having to cut copy and paste saving on average about a half hour of work.
    V/R
    Nick

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change User doesn't show all accounts

On the new Console, when I go to my profile, Change User, only 4 of the several accounts of the people I help with show up. Looks like there's a max-width property that's causing the last couple to get hidden.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reset the Development version of a Certified Live Skill to the Live version (if you've messed it up)

I have a certified skill, so now have a development copy hanging off it. I messed up the development version hanging off it. Is there a quick way to reset the development version back to the same as the live version to undo all my development changes?

I think it would be great to make a button to do this. Otherwise, I will try to just delete the Interaction Model JSON.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Dashboard - Locale Selection

Although the new dashboard feels cleaner, it has lost utility. I cannot figure out how to pull a skill from a locale. We use SMAPI and push to all locales and then delete out (in the old dashboard) any locale we don't intend to publish to. In this version, not sure if it's possible, definitely can't figure it out. I also have to click and click to get to a submit button. Put a quick submit int he banner or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. German spelling in Alexa Simulator

Alexa Simulator (Test environment) does not recognize correct German spelling and punctuation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Beta Test Info to ASK Developer Console Skills List

We can have multiple skills (10+) running in beta test and any given moment. There is no way to know in the main skills list which skills are in beta and when the beta expires. We have 100+ skills in our list which makes it even more challenging.

Either in a new column or under the Skill ID, add an indication that the skill is in BETA and the date it expires.

Provide a way to filter the list to only show those in Beta. This could be part of the request to tag and filter skills in the list.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Tagging, Grouping and Filtering to ASK Developer Console Skills List

We have over 100 skills in the skills list in the Developer Console. These include public skills that we are publishing for ourselves as well as hosting on behalf of our clients and well as private demo skills for our sales team. This number will easily exceed 200 this year.

The feature request is the ability to assign one or more tags to a skill for use in the Developer Console. These tags would be used for grouping, sorting, and filtering the list of skills in a manageable way. All our own skills would be together, each client would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base