Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporate handlers into Alexa console for more accurate NLP

Alexa should only have to decide between the intents available inside of a handler. By integrating handler groupings into the Alexa Console the build process and NLP can take into account these more specific situations and will become more accurate deciding between the 3 intents in a specific handler as opposed to the 18 intents that are available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extend of option to entend session duration

I work 8 hours a day like most developers, so I have to login 3 to 4 times a day because amazon developers log you off automatically every 2 hours? I understand its a security issue but I would like the option to maintain the session a little longer, or at the very least, extend the session duration if the developer is using the console.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Exclude custom types from maximum langue model file size budget/limit

I get the error message:

This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

which is new a new constraint, 3 month ago that same language model worked fine (in the old alexa console, which now also throws this error message). My language model is rather huge (~2.8MB), since I'm using the occupations model of the European Commission (ESCO: https://ec.europa.eu/esco/portal/occupation).

It is very unfortunate that the custom types are counted against the 1 MB budget. If I used the built-in types, I could use more intents and example sentences in my languageModel.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reset the Development version of a Certified Live Skill to the Live version (if you've messed it up)

I have a certified skill, so now have a development copy hanging off it. I messed up the development version hanging off it. Is there a quick way to reset the development version back to the same as the live version to undo all my development changes?

I think it would be great to make a button to do this. Otherwise, I will try to just delete the Interaction Model JSON.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Skill Events configurable in developer console

When skill events were originally released last summer, they were only configurable from the SMAPI/CLI. The implicit reason at the time was "there's a new developer console coming, it's not worth it to implement new features on the old one".

The new skill console is out now, and it still doesn't appear that there's a way to set my skill to use skill events.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Tagging, Grouping and Filtering to ASK Developer Console Skills List

We have over 100 skills in the skills list in the Developer Console. These include public skills that we are publishing for ourselves as well as hosting on behalf of our clients and well as private demo skills for our sales team. This number will easily exceed 200 this year.

The feature request is the ability to assign one or more tags to a skill for use in the Developer Console. These tags would be used for grouping, sorting, and filtering the list of skills in a manageable way. All our own skills would be together, each client would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. move or hide How to get started

How to get started should have close button or be moved to new Help tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. build tab tweaks for grown ups

feedback form is not sticky,
    what I was saying is the getting started video front and center of the Build tab annoys me,
    but love everythjing else about the developer console

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Post alerts when there are issues affecting large number of users

Post an alert here when you have outage or other issues affecting a large number of users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Limit test portal to utterances in skill being tested

Please limit the testing portal to the present skill being tested. What I mean is I have a skill with invocation name "game game"..its a dummy invocation name..now in the test portal whenever I use say open game game, Alexa starts suggesting games like rock paper scissors and all that instead of actually opening my skill. This is highly frustrating..and this issue doesn't happen when I test my skill on my device..so the test portal's purpose becomes void.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Utterance insert bug on Android

Sample Utterances text box on mobile is bugged.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Voice & Tone simulator – please allow dynamic width!

The Voice & Tone tab has a fixed width and the text doesn't wrap. So when pasting in speech strings, it's really difficult to make micro SSML adjustments because you don't have a full visual of the string. This is bad for 2 reasons:

1) scrolling left/right on your trackpad can very easily bring you to the previous webpage in your browser and lose your work. this is very frustrating when it happens!!

2) the other work around is manually breaking your strings into chunks that match the fixed width of the window, which is annoying and potentially error prone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skill Earnings month selection dropdown is broken

On the skill earnings tab of the Alexa developer console, there is a dropdown to select the month and year for which you'd like to view earnings. The default is to the current month, and the dropdown is ordered sequentially.

Unfortunately, the dropdown's height seems to be locked to the height of the div behind it, so if the div behind it is small, several months towards the end of the year get cut off from the drop down, and there is no scroll bar (or middle-button scroll) on the dropdown, making it impossible to select the elements at the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Earnings Month dropdown

Hi,

Your dropdown for selecting months in the Earnings tab is not displaying all months depending on the number of rows in the table below it. I, for instance, can only select up to June.

Cheers,
    Lennert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Publish Skills Restricted For a Specific Audience

I have been developing an Alexa skill for Sheetz Inc. and was wondering if there is a way to publish a skill that is specific to business. I have looked into the "Alexa for business organizations" option and have concluded that it does not fit my criteria. I need this skill to be available to the public, but be restricted by requiring a password or access code to enable the skill. Then I will be able to give this password or access code to specific employees which would then grant them access to enable the skill. So essentially, the skill…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add 'Save' button in Discription so it will not re-direct me to next page.

Under Distribution please add one more button. 'Save and Continue' is already present but also add just 'Save' button. Because if I just edit Descriptions and press just 'Save', it won't take me to next page. Currently only save and continue option is so irritating when I just want to Save and stay on same page.
    In just on sentence: Add Save button to Save and Stay on same page instead of re-directing to next page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give us insight on what is happening while a skill is "in review"

It seems you fix an error and you go BACK to the beginning of the "in review" que?

Is there one skill ahead of me? One thousand?

Who knows ANYTHING about the process?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. End long running builds

It would be nice to have an ability to fail or autocomplete a failed build. I currently have been watching the same CA build run for about 5 hours when it should take about 3 minutes in BUILDING status, but I can't cancel or end it so it is just spinning indefinitely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Non precise error on save/build

When a build fails or save fails, the error prompt is not descriptive:

Operation Failed
    The attempted operation has returned an unspecified error. This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

Think more descriptive and precises error messages are needed, algo between every save or build I usually make several changes, it would be nice so the difference between actual json and the one from the previous successful save.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base