Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. revert to opening console in-page

opening new tabs is extremely annoying

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reuse request

In the list with request and response history, a click on a request should fill in the clicked text into the textbox to use it again

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide "Copy to (locale)" option in the developer console

Right now the process of adding a new language to an existing skill in the developer console is tedious, especially when the data for those languages is exactly identical.

For example, right now, the process for manually copying things on the Publishing Information tab (Launch tab on the new console) alone involves tabbing back and forth 12 different times between the two languages to copy the text from the six different fields. For an English language skill being released worldwide, that process has to be done 4 times (and that's only going to grow).

Making things worse, in the new…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks for submitting this suggestion Eric. We’ll get this routed over to the appropriate internal team for review.

4. Analytics - all dates

Allow an al time selection in the analytics section

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SSML validation

By surfing the forums I found that a lot of users have problems validating their ssml. Constant issues are misplaced tags, unclosed tags, missing brackets or extra spaces inside of the tags.

Because error message says only, that input was invalid users don't know what was invalid and they keep asking the same thing - to explain them what is wrong with their ssml, which most of the time is one of the problems I mentioned before.

My suggestion would be to add a better validation for ssml, including 'Voice & Tone' tab. It should give better messages to at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add note about 443 port for HTTPS endpoint

Please make a note on the endpoint editor that alexa backend goes only on 443 port (in case of HTTPS). It's a bit cryptic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Governance around Dev Console Organizations

An issue for larger organizations is the lack of governance around access to the developer console and specific features of the console. For example, I'd like to be able to allow a developer to contribute to a skill or do their own POCs, but prevent them from submitting for certification.

It would also be useful if SAML auth were supported to allowed for federated access to the console.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Order Intents lists manually

In the Build page, in the Intents list, it would be great to be able to order the Intents (move them up or down) to put them in whatever order the developer wants. I'd like to have mine ordered alphabetically. Same goes for Slots and Slots Types. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a User Friendly Interface. This new interface is impossible to use.

Bad user interface. Also, no step-by-step instruction how to convert a skills created in 2017 to the new format.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Autosave please!

Please auto save! I've lost many edits on the older-version of this tool due to the lack of autosave. :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting an Alexa feature request. Your request has been received.

12. increase session time out

Increase the session time at-least for the developers account. We need to give quality of code right? Some times we may need to debug the code .

"The requested skill took too long to respond"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intent Confirmation Does Not Support SSML and Question Mark

There is a bug in the new Console. I cannot include both SSML and a question mark because validation says: "You can only have a '?' at the end of a prompt" but for SSML you need to have the closing </speak> tag.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Validate invocation name for skill to check for duplicate invocation names in development skills

Validate invocation name, so that no 2 developments skills are able to have the same invocation name. When testing a skill in the test console, it was actually returning results from a different skill as they had identical invocation names

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow developers to copy Skill Product detail to other regions

With a push of a button allow people to copy all product information to all English enabled regions. This would cut down on developers having to cut copy and paste saving on average about a half hour of work.
    V/R
    Nick

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the dev console to allow lambda ARNs with aliases

For some reason I cannot specify a Lambda endpoint which has an alias qualifier at the end. For example, I want to have two aliases: TEST and PROD that point to different versions of the lambda function.

When I am trying to save the endpoint, it shows a "manifest error" message.

It worked fine before. My other skills that were created using the old developer portal UI still have their endpoint

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Condense everything

The new console wastes way too much screen real-estate. Everything is too big!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. deleting an intent should remove required slots from dialogModel

deleted intent with required slots still has required slots in dialogModel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to self-remove my email from other's dev portal accounts

Right now the only way to be removed as a member from other's people dev portal accounts is that an admin remove you, but I should be able to self-remove my account in some part of the https://developer.amazon.com website.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, Octavio! We’ll get this routed over to the appropriate internal team for review.

20. Build model upon saving endpoint

Change behaviour when saving endpoint.
    When saving a new endpoint, e.g. to a new lambda version a green pop-up appears. This most likely represents success for most users. But the text says, that the skill has to be build before the change becomes effective. This might easily be forgotten. For example, before I submit a skill for certification I always publish a new version of my lambda endpoint. If I forget to build the skill after adding that endpoint to the skill it might point to $LATEST. That means changes to the lambda would affect the skill in certification or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base