Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Analytics - all dates

Allow an al time selection in the analytics section

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replay test value in ASK test panel

In the Alexa Developer Console Test panel, add a button next to each bubble in the transcript pane that reloads that phrase and submits with 1 click.

In testing it's common to use the same value over and over and over, currently I do the very tedious: select the transcript text, copy, paste into the input field, hit enter. Should be an easy feature upgrade to give a button next to all inputs in the transcript so they can be reloaded quickly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Earnings Month dropdown

Hi,

Your dropdown for selecting months in the Earnings tab is not displaying all months depending on the number of rows in the table below it. I, for instance, can only select up to June.

Cheers,
    Lennert

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow OIDC/SAML Federated login to developer console

Allow OpenID Connect or SAML federated login to Alexa Developer Console.

We have several teams in our organization who are starting to work on skills that they intend to release publicly. Most other services we use support federated login using OpenIdConnect/SAML, but the Alexa Developer Console notably does not.

I know console access currently isn't currently structured in a way that federated login would make particular sense, but being able to say from my side "users in this AD security group can login to the Alexa Console and manage our skills" so they have access granted and revoked as they…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a User Friendly Interface. This new interface is impossible to use.

Bad user interface. Also, no step-by-step instruction how to convert a skills created in 2017 to the new format.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Non precise error on save/build

When a build fails or save fails, the error prompt is not descriptive:

> Operation Failed
    The attempted operation has returned an unspecified error. This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

Think more descriptive and precises error messages are needed, algo between every save or build I usually make several changes, it would be nice so the difference between actual json and the one from the previous successful save.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to send back a variable, in the SSML response, which will convert t the user's first name.

Ability to send back a variable, in the SSML response, which will convert to the user's first name. This allows for the identity to remain hidden to the skill's developer, however, enables the developer to personalize the skill. This can be done for a specific voice profile. If the first name is not available, then it is gracefully ignored. For example:

<speak>@fname, here is your quote of the day.</speak>
    would either convert to
    "Sebastien, here is your quote of the day"
    Or
    "here is your quote of the day"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Incorporate handlers into Alexa console for more accurate NLP

Alexa should only have to decide between the intents available inside of a handler. By integrating handler groupings into the Alexa Console the build process and NLP can take into account these more specific situations and will become more accurate deciding between the 3 intents in a specific handler as opposed to the 18 intents that are available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Extend of option to entend session duration

I work 8 hours a day like most developers, so I have to login 3 to 4 times a day because amazon developers log you off automatically every 2 hours? I understand its a security issue but I would like the option to maintain the session a little longer, or at the very least, extend the session duration if the developer is using the console.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Build model upon saving endpoint

Change behaviour when saving endpoint.
    When saving a new endpoint, e.g. to a new lambda version a green pop-up appears. This most likely represents success for most users. But the text says, that the skill has to be build before the change becomes effective. This might easily be forgotten. For example, before I submit a skill for certification I always publish a new version of my lambda endpoint. If I forget to build the skill after adding that endpoint to the skill it might point to $LATEST. That means changes to the lambda would affect the skill in certification or…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: Disabled buttons in New Console are still Clickable

Click to View a skill that has a status of "Live." Buttons such as Save Model, Build Model, Save Interfaces, Save Endpoints appear disabled, but when you click on one, they still trigger an event.

Responses include:

Save Failed
    Provided eTag does not match with the resource's current eTag. Please apply your changes on the latest version of the resource. Error code: InvalidEtag - Tuesday, Apr 3, 2018, 3:48 PM

Interaction Model Saved Successfully
    The interaction model has been saved without errors. The Model must be successfully built for changes to take effect. - Tuesday, Apr 3, 2018, 3:49 PM

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Feedback on the new console

Why have you hidden the Skill ID away onto the dashboard. When I'm updating to a new Lambda version and pasting in the endpoints, I then need to skill to set at lambda, which means I need to go to the dashboard page. Please make it available like it was on the old console.

Also, please please please, lets have some simple debugging logs and testing of execution for the Lambda.

Just a little test button next to the endpoint where it fires off something (discovery?) (SmartHome Skill) just to make sure it can execute the Lambda, between the permissions…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow BETA testing once a skill has been submitted or has passed certification but not been released

Allow users to continue to BETA test once a skill is submitted for certification or in a certified but not released state.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skills Delete Bug

Deleted skills from the Alexa Skills dashboard should stay deleted. It is frustrating and confusing when those skills re-appear after deleting them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide Original User Utterances in the Alexa request JSON

Currently ASK doesn't provide original user utterances in its request body. But it would be a great enhancement if it does so. It enables the Alexa Skills Developers to help improve the end user experience by collecting different sorts of original user utterances and update the intent invocations of our custom skills

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to specify skill name pronunciation for JP skill

Skill name in ******** skill uses Kanji which can have multiple pronunciations.
    currently, there is no option to specify the pronunciations of the skill name.
    this sometimes causes confusion.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enhanced console analytics

Add an all time button to the time interval, the interface is a bit awkward to be able access the data.
    As an aid to tracking promotions a since first release stats a first 30 day from release would also be good.
    Finally and api to access the analytics would good

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base