Skip to content

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

131 results found

1. It would be VERY helpful if each intent within a skill can have its own endpoint.
    If you have a company that wants several intents under the one skill, but each intent is really quite seperate functionality, you want to be able to call a different endpoint for each intent so that you can have some sanity over your code organisation.
    Either an web hook per intent, or a lambda per intent.
    Currently you have to but a stack of unrelated code (different intents) into the same lambda.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have the following Intent Confirmation:

Ok, got it. Let me confirm. You want to pick up a car on {startDate} at the {pickupLocation} and return it on {endDate} for a daily rate of ${rentalRate} , right?

The slot type for rentalRate is number. In order to say the decimal value of rentalRate as "thirty-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents", I need to use the $ before it. There is no SSML say-as to make a decimal number into a currency.

The UI gives me the following error when I try to add the dollar sign: "You have invalid characters"

This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change behaviour when saving endpoint.
    When saving a new endpoint, e.g. to a new lambda version a green pop-up appears. This most likely represents success for most users. But the text says, that the skill has to be build before the change becomes effective. This might easily be forgotten. For example, before I submit a skill for certification I always publish a new version of my lambda endpoint. If I forget to build the skill after adding that endpoint to the skill it might point to $LATEST. That means changes to the lambda would affect the skill in certification or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For some reason I cannot specify a Lambda endpoint which has an alias qualifier at the end. For example, I want to have two aliases: TEST and PROD that point to different versions of the lambda function.

When I am trying to save the endpoint, it shows a "manifest error" message.

It worked fine before. My other skills that were created using the old developer portal UI still have their endpoint

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There is a bug in the new Console. I cannot include both SSML and a question mark because validation says: "You can only have a '?' at the end of a prompt" but for SSML you need to have the closing </speak> tag.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the Endpoints to be changed for a Live skill WITHOUT submitting for re-certification.

In the new Developer Console for a Live (already published) skill, you can see the endpoint ARNs in textboxes which would indicate that they are editable, but the Save Endpoints button is disabled.

The following scenarios outline why the endpoints should be editable. The timing and reasons for changing the endpoints shows that they should be done without triggering a re-certification.

Scenario 1
    The skill's lambda function is hosted in a region that goes down. With a quick change of the ARNs, your skill will be…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every time I try to save a value on the Build > Account Linking tab, Auth Code Grant, I have to re-enter the Client Secret, even if I'm not changing it. Please only make me enter it once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Validate invocation name, so that no 2 developments skills are able to have the same invocation name. When testing a skill in the test console, it was actually returning results from a different skill as they had identical invocation names

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be very helpful to have a way to mimic 'no response' from the user. If you can do that, it's not obvious how.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,
    The black footer does not stay in the bottom of the page when I scroll up the page causing a weird experience.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add the ability to sort Skills in the new Developer Console by name or by modification date. The old Developer Console sorted by modification date which allowed developers of many Skills to keep better track of their recent changes.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I get the error message:

This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

which is new a new constraint, 3 month ago that same language model worked fine (in the old alexa console, which now also throws this error message). My language model is rather huge (~2.8MB), since I'm using the occupations model of the European Commission (ESCO: https://ec.europa.eu/esco/portal/occupation).

It is very unfortunate that the custom types are counted against the 1 MB budget. If I used the built-in types, I could use more intents and example sentences in my languageModel.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With a push of a button allow people to copy all product information to all English enabled regions. This would cut down on developers having to cut copy and paste saving on average about a half hour of work.
    V/R
    Nick

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On the new Console, when I go to my profile, Change User, only 4 of the several accounts of the people I help with show up. Looks like there's a max-width property that's causing the last couple to get hidden.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a certified skill, so now have a development copy hanging off it. I messed up the development version hanging off it. Is there a quick way to reset the development version back to the same as the live version to undo all my development changes?

I think it would be great to make a button to do this. Otherwise, I will try to just delete the Interaction Model JSON.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Although the new dashboard feels cleaner, it has lost utility. I cannot figure out how to pull a skill from a locale. We use SMAPI and push to all locales and then delete out (in the old dashboard) any locale we don't intend to publish to. In this version, not sure if it's possible, definitely can't figure it out. I also have to click and click to get to a submit button. Put a quick submit int he banner or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alexa Simulator (Test environment) does not recognize correct German spelling and punctuation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We can have multiple skills (10+) running in beta test and any given moment. There is no way to know in the main skills list which skills are in beta and when the beta expires. We have 100+ skills in our list which makes it even more challenging.

Either in a new column or under the Skill ID, add an indication that the skill is in BETA and the date it expires.

Provide a way to filter the list to only show those in Beta. This could be part of the request to tag and filter skills in the list.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We have over 100 skills in the skills list in the Developer Console. These include public skills that we are publishing for ourselves as well as hosting on behalf of our clients and well as private demo skills for our sales team. This number will easily exceed 200 this year.

The feature request is the ability to assign one or more tags to a skill for use in the Developer Console. These tags would be used for grouping, sorting, and filtering the list of skills in a manageable way. All our own skills would be together, each client would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide option to display SSML tags in chat speech bubbles. Currently some words stick together because they're seperated by tags, which are not shown. With the option to display SSML tags it would be easier to analyze the speech output and the effect of certain SSML tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?