Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get the probability for a slot

Get the probability a slot was selected.

This would help an experienced developer implement a dialog to confirm with the user or to execute indent directly.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for submitting this request. Your request has been received.

2. Don't auto-complete AMAZON.DATE because it returns wrong results.

When a user says just a month for AMAZON.DATE slot the slot value is returned with next year's year.

For example - "whatever utterance in July?" returns 2019-07-01 for July.

As a skill developer how can I tell if the user just said "July" (which would much more likely be July this year, i.e. 2018-07) or if they really said "July next year"?

Also there is no distinction between dates with days and just months. If the user says "whatever in July" returns the same as "whatever on July 1st" - how can I tell if they are talking about…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. JOIN Slot Type

I constantly come across the need for JOIN Slot Type: a Type that includes other Type(s) and some new values.

In my case, I have few thousands of VALUE in two Slot Types that should be included in several other Types as well; so, keep repeating these in my model json file is really annoying.

I think one solution would be simply a feature to define a Slot Type as a subset of another Type rather than repeating Values...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Post Code slot type

Include PostCode slot type

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Second Address Line beyond AMAZON.PostalAddress

AMAZON.PostalAddress in the US Alexa Skill builder is the equivalent of a first line of a physical address - house number and street name. Is there a plan to accomodate a second line that could have an apartment/suite/room identifier and an apartment number, etc.? Currently, in order to include apartment identifiers they have to be combined on the same line as the Street name/house number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A tool to help find synonyms for slots.

People think differently how to describe what they want, and so they have many different ways to verbalize slots. Currently, to account for those different words, the developer would have to manually come up with those variations. Either though their imagination or by manually asking people to interact with the skill. These are great methods, but they are slow and very localized.

It would be great to have some tool, like a built-in mass user testing tool or even a built in synonym recommendation tool.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please provide a UK postcode slot in Alexa requests

Please provide a UK postcode slot for Alexa

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix slot value depending on Utterances

Hi,
    is there a way to set devault slot values?
    I work with money value slots and in german there is the problem with "one".
    We count one (1), two (2), three (3)...
    in german eins, zwei, drei ...
    but we don't say "eins Euro" we say "einen Euro" or "ein Euro". Same for one cent or size value.

I know I can fix it with a secound intent like:
    1. Intent
    {euro} Euro
    2. Intent
    ein Euro
    einen Euro

If there a better way to do it? something like fix slot values depending on the utterances?

greatings
    Marc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shared Slots

The ability to share a slot between skills would help builders and reduce the necessity to resubmit multiple skills for the same reason.

For example, an artist slot may require a large data set and may require regular updates. This would then require the skill to be resubmitted for certification. If 2 skills use a similar slot this would then require 2 slots to be updated and so on. And of course, each skill would need to go through certification again.

By having the ability to create your own global slot, the slot itself could have a certification process thus…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enhance AMAZON.Date slot to avoid issues with autocomplete of year, even if user did not specified it.

Unfortunaly the AMAZON.Date slot is auto completed by the model with the year, even if the year is not specified by the user. e.g. "give me my trips from 15. August" returns in the slot something like 15.8.2018, but of cause the user did not specifiy the year, but the skill developer does simply not know that the year was not provided!

This could be solved, via some enhancement and would not break existing skils.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for submitting this request. Your request has been received.

11. Support AMAZON.JP_CITY and AMAZON.JP_REGION

We wanna create some skills about Japanese to the Skill store in the US.
    But in the US there are no built-in list slot types about Japan.

We want to use list slots for Japanese City and Region slots like an AMAZON.ATCITY and AMAZON.ATREGION.

Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Using original version of the built in slot after extending

In an alexa skill, after extending the built in Amazon intents like AMAZON.person for a particular intent, we can't use the original version of AMAZON.Person for other intents. It would be better if the original version will be available even after extending.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show pre-defined values for in-built intents

In the Alexa développer console, the Built-in intents are displayed as all other custom intents: empty.
    But that's not true since the goal of these intents is to use intents ready to use (for instance AMAZON.YesIntent already works with "yes").

Please, display from the beginning read-only values for predefined intents, in order to be clear that it is useless to re-add these values.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug

It tells me to not use a } then it tells me to use a } in the instents, Why is there a cap of 800?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Specify duration for Amazon.DATE

Amazon.DATE supports values such as previous/next month, week, day or year. It doesn't support date input such as next two months. Need support to specify the duration of previous/next request for Amazon.DATE.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base