Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring AMAZON.FallbackIntent to other languages

The recently introduced AMAZON.FallbackIntent, which allows utterances which do not match any of the utterances associated with other intents to be picked up by a skill, is extremely useful. However, this can only be used in English (US) skills and not any any other languages, such as English (UK). This makes development harder than it should be and discourages developers from creating their skills in multiple languages.

88 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  16 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. money type

we need a type for money. so if i say, "i want to pay 4 dollars and 12 cents" the slot returns 4.12. currently i'm using two slots and a lot of utterances which is painful.

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for submitting this request. Your request has been received.

3. Remove the requirement for a leading phrase with AMAZON.SearchQuery

We would like to use this, but can't because the rules are too restrictive.If a user is asked about what they want info about, they should not be forced to say "tell me about Point Defiance Zoo". They should be able to say "Point Defiance Zoo" with no leading phrase. Instead of forcing us to use a leading or trailing phrase, please allow the use of just {query} (without 'search for...' or other text around it as in the example below:
    {

"name": "SearchIntent",

"samples": [

"search for {Query}",

"find out {Query}",

"search for {Query} near me"

],

"slots": [

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get the probability for a slot

Get the probability a slot was selected.

This would help an experienced developer implement a dialog to confirm with the user or to execute indent directly.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5. Slot type "number" with leading zero

Need a "number" that supports leading zero's. So when a user enters "012" it reads back "zero one two". The current number type reads back "twelve".

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Record Audio files with intents

Would be great to be able to record & handle audio files with Alexa.

For example: "Alexa, start recording", recording.... "Alexa, stop recording" & then we developers would get an audio file of that. That would be a great feature & would give a lot of opportunities for new apps.

Keep voting this up :)

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  7 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ordinal

It would be nice if AMAZON.NUMBER handled ordinals... I give the user a list and ask which he wants more information on. The user says "the first" and it should resolve to 1.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. alphanumeric slot type

Create an AMAZON.ALPHANUMERIC slot type (although with a better, shorter name!) This would extend the current AMAZON.NUMBER slot type and hopefully improve the recognition model. Discussed in https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/4821/how-would-you-design-slots-for-letter-and-number-c.html

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A tool to help find synonyms for slots.

People think differently how to describe what they want, and so they have many different ways to verbalize slots. Currently, to account for those different words, the developer would have to manually come up with those variations. Either though their imagination or by manually asking people to interact with the skill. These are great methods, but they are slow and very localized.

It would be great to have some tool, like a built-in mass user testing tool or even a built in synonym recommendation tool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get URL and Email from the user

Can we have built-in slot for websites and email IDs? E.g. AMAZON.URL and AMAZON.EMAIL? Thanks!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Capture if AM/PM was specified in AMAZON.Time slot

I make use of AMAZON.Time slot in my skill. I received feedback from the certification team that I should confirm if a user meant AM or PM when specifying a twelve-hour time. There is one edge case that poses an annoying problem with this feedback.

Since all times are parsed as 24-hour format by the AMAZON.Time slot type, I have no way to know whether a user said, for example "five" or "five a.m." because both get parsed as "05:00". In other words, I lose information about whether the user already explicitly said "five a.m." or if they just said…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Regular expression for custom slot types

For custom slot types, regular expression should also be allowed. This can help with lot of complications when it comes to custom slot types

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please provide a UK postcode slot in Alexa requests

Please provide a UK postcode slot for Alexa

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix slot value depending on Utterances

Hi,
    is there a way to set devault slot values?
    I work with money value slots and in german there is the problem with "one".
    We count one (1), two (2), three (3)...
    in german eins, zwei, drei ...
    but we don't say "eins Euro" we say "einen Euro" or "ein Euro". Same for one cent or size value.

I know I can fix it with a secound intent like:
    1. Intent
    {euro} Euro
    2. Intent
    ein Euro
    einen Euro

If there a better way to do it? something like fix slot values depending on the utterances?

greatings
    Marc

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support FallbackIntent in French

Currently AMAZON.FallbackIntent is only available for english and german. Please make it possible for French.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. slot type for currency

Have slot types for currency as with AMAZON.numbers you wont get far (in my case I build a pocket money tracker and now my son things he has 102 euro instead of 2.50€ 😫)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enhance AMAZON.Date slot to avoid issues with autocomplete of year, even if user did not specified it.

Unfortunaly the AMAZON.Date slot is auto completed by the model with the year, even if the year is not specified by the user. e.g. "give me my trips from 15. August" returns in the slot something like 15.8.2018, but of cause the user did not specifiy the year, but the skill developer does simply not know that the year was not provided!

This could be solved, via some enhancement and would not break existing skils.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Replacement for AMAZON.LITERAL

Since AMAZON.LITERAL is discontinued and developers are encouraged to use AMAZON.SearchQuery or Slot values to handle the data.

We have a requirement for building skill with parsing the entire spoken text as token to the API for further business processing.

Tried with Amazon.SearchQuery (fails when no matching utterance found) and Fallback intent (only failed mapping from Slots are returned) with no luck.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include 12/24 time interpretation in SSML

I am currently building an Alexa skill that uses an external API (LibCal). The API returns the availability of study rooms in military time (13:00, etc). This is not an issue because the AMAZON.TIME slot changes a user given time to military automatically (from "one pm" to "13:00") so I can search for a given time without converting. However, I would like Alexa to speak out times in Standard rather than Military. As of now, Alexa speaks times like "13:00" as "thirteen hundred hours". It would be great if Alexa can recognize military times (the same way it does when…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve dynamic entities

Improve dynamic entities increasing the 100 value limit and the 30 minutes caching

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base